• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

hahahaha - UK looks on course to scrap EU Working Time Directive. As someone who's automatically opted out due to job, doesn't affect me. But just another example of people reaping what they sow when they realise the job protections they had will disappear. Still, you get a blue passport though eh.

giphy.gif

Yep, get that red tape cut, right.

About the best thing the tories did was Ian Duncan Smith cutting benefits.

I have been furloughed as demand is just not there to keep me on at the moment. GHod it is boring, how do all the benefit scum cope with nothing to do all day, sure as hell arent learning a foreign language or doing an open university course.

Hard work is good for the self esteem and should be considered a civic duty, not sitting on your arse all day.

hahahaha - UK looks on course to scrap EU Working Time Directive. As someone who's automatically opted out due to job, doesn't affect me. But just another example of people reaping what they sow when they realise the job protections they had will disappear. Still, you get a blue passport though eh.

giphy.gif
That's waaaaay overdue.

So Trump goes and now we have a church-going catholic? Is the US that devoid of brains?
A survey around a decade ago showed that MuricafudgeYeahicans would vote for a convicted criminal over an atheist as president.

They really are fudged up.

giphy.gif
In the last 7 years in my latest role I don't think I've ever worked a less than 42-45 hour week

About the best thing the tories did was Ian Duncan Smith cutting benefits.

I have been furloughed as demand is just not there to keep me on at the moment. GHod it is boring, how do all the benefit scum cope with nothing to do all day, sure as hell arent learning a foreign language or doing an open university course.

Hard work is good for the self esteem and should be considered a civic duty, not sitting on your arse all day.
You having a rough day!

You having a rough day!

Not rough, boring.

Despite the fact I'm trying to write a play also halfway through an excellent matt haig novel. It is boring not having worked for a couple of weeks. Work is important you can try to undermine my position by implying I'm having a bad day all you like, wont make a jot of difference. They were right to cut back benefits for the work shy(not so much in work benefits) working is good for you.

Not rough, boring.

Despite the fact I'm trying to write a play also halfway through an excellent matt haig novel. It is boring not having worked for a couple of weeks. Work is important you can try to undermine my position by implying I'm having a bad day all you like, wont make a jot of difference. They were right to cut back benefits for the work shy(not so much in work benefits) working is good for you.

What happens if you can’t get a job? What happens to those who are sick and unable to work? The disabled, who also had their benefits cut? To the children of all of these groups?

No offence, but your post is ignorant in the extreme.

What happens if you can’t get a job? What happens to those who are sick and unable to work? The disabled, who also had their benefits cut? To the children of all of these groups?

No offence, but your post is ignorant in the extreme.

The sick are the deserving poor.

The have been plenty jobs over the last 20 years in this country. We often hear that immigration do jobs that the brits dont want to do. Good on the immigrants but the brits should not have the chance to turn down work.

The sick are the deserving poor.

The have been plenty jobs over the last 20 years in this country. We often hear that immigration do jobs that the brits dont want to do. Good on the immigrants but the brits should not have the chance to turn down work.

The 'deserving poor' was a Victorian concept resurrected by that arch Tory bitch Margaret Thatcher. It is a throwaway line that people use without fully appreciating it's evil meaning. It sums up all the worst aspects of the modern neo liberal mindset.

In fairness, this is where the system is fudged.
Rarely, if ever, has a non-religiously aligned runner coined enough dough to run for office.
Religion=cash.
Ironically the candidate that was the most morally corrupt in memory was the one that the evangelicals flocked to. He was literally the antithesis of everything they espouse and yet they were almost proclaiming him as the 2nd coming.

Biden's faith is not really relevant as he won't use it as leverage to achieve his aims, IMO.

Back