• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United ****

I find it difficult to take someone seriously who cannot see how much he has improved us

He is a good defensive midfielder but imho he has a negative impact our attacking. We end up sitting too deep as that’s his predominant skill set.

I do not think he improves our overall game. We needs a quality attacking midfielder to stop us retreating when our attacking play falters. Although not PEH fault alone, I find him frustrating to watch.
It’s about balance, Ndombele moved forward and scored a wonderful goal, marvellous. I prefer a players to take the ball from PEH I.e. ndombele or whoever to link our attacking play.

Last edited:
He is a good defensive midfielder but imho he has a negative impact our attacking. We end up sitting too deep as that’s his predominant skill set.

I do not think he improves our overall game. We need a quality attacking midfielder to stop us retreating when our attacking play falters. Although not PEH fault alone, I find him frustrating to watch.
I’d suggest you check your bins mate as every team has a player that does was PEH does although most not as good
And he ain’t playing attacking midfielder so there very exclusive roles
He wasn’t deep when he set up Kane was he?

I’d suggest you check your bins mate as every team has a player that does was PEH does although most not as good
And he ain’t playing attacking midfielder so there very exclusive roles
He wasn’t deep when he set up Kane was he?

haven’t seen the goal buildup but of course I take word for it!
I’m not explaining myself well here. So I’ll stop.
Don’t have anything against PEH.
Pleased with our win and leave it there.

Caley has a bit of a different margin.

I think they usually give a good indication, but of course, this doesn't take into consideration things like player ability/speciality and stuff like that. Kane's goal, for instance, doesn't give a high xG number, but he'll put those away every day of the week. So the xG thing can definitely be very much improved, but it gives a decent indication.

Nice to see our midfield looking better today. Ndombele played the full game right? A slow starter but he finally seems fully up to speed. Was impressed with his combative play as well. Not just there for the glory passes, and what a sensational goal - of course he meant it!

With Hojbjerg having his back Ndombele can express himself. Hojbjerg was probably asked to play deeper today. I understand @StephenH criticism. Like Sissoko Hojbjerg craps himself when he gets to the box (at least in the Fulham game). But he has more technical pedigree than the Frenchman. His passing is good, he's mobile, his mind is one step ahead. His tenacity is unquestionable. Hojbjerg was the right player to bring what we needed to midfield. We probably need one more.

With Aurier and Regulion able to bolster the midfield, we end up with a more skillful midifeld. Pace down the wings and no Sissoko and Winks, who are fantastic squad players, but are not top 4 quality starters.

I wouldn't say we created a lot of chances today tbh

Two normal goal certainties spring to mind - Son who hit the post after about five minutes and Kane's virtual sitter at the end. Both should have resulted in goals. Add that to the three goals we actually scored and the other shots Kane had and the XG of 1.13 is frankly risible.

Two normal goal certainties spring to mind - Son who hit the post after about five minutes and Kane's virtual sitter at the end. Both should have resulted in goals. Add that to the three goals we actually scored and the other shots Kane had and the XG of 1.13 is frankly risible.

I don't care for the actual number as a literal representation of what should have been scored - i take an XG in that ballpark to more less cover a game where you have 3-4 'half' chances - which seems about right to me

Back