• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United ****

Bale won European Champions league with overhead kick..Moura wins spurs CL semi final with hat trick..
So that rules them out. To be fair to jose he does play Lucas...sometimes..
Coys...........

5 at the back vs a team with 5 points from 18 games.....
I can see where this is going. Not gonna fudging bother watching the brick show it will be.

It is hard to get motivated for this match. With only 1 win in 6 league matches, we have forgotten how to win in the league. We badly need to get back to winning ways but we have a poor record against Sheffield United away. We have not won away at Sheffield United since 1990, drawing 3 and losing 4 of our last 7 matches against them in all competitions. Even worse, Sheffield United even humiliated us 6-0 there in 1993 ! Mourinho and the players better need to do something to get back our winning formula. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Sheffield United and get back to winning ways.

I think its 3-4-3 with Tanguy alongside PEH in CM

that was my thought to, I don't trust Ndombele to work back enough for that to work, and it puts a lot of pressure on Reguilon and Aurier

could be 3-4-2 plus Kane in a free role, that would be better imo

We have not won away at Sheffield United since 1990, drawing 3 and losing 4 of our last 7 matches against them in all competitions

Wow! Didn't realise that. This is a hugely important game for us today, so that backdrop isn't ideal!

Hmm, very surprised we are going with a back 3 or 5.

I feel like we don't play well with 3 at the back... it always looks good on paper but in reality the midfield is too empty and our 2 (Hojbjerg and Ndombele) will get pressed out of the game by the opposition.

IF that starts to happen then someone (Reg and Aurier out wide or Berg/Kane) needs to do something about it, if Mourinho allows it to happen and happen and happen with no change.

VERY pleased to hear Mourinho's interview before the game where he admitted that we are definitely sitting back and allowing ourselves to be dominated in the second half of games, and saying we clearly do not want to be pushed back and he instructs the players to push on in the second half.

I really don't know how to equate those 2 statements and the reality but at least he acknowledges the reality and thus must be trying to change it.

Looking at the team lineup, very disappointing that Lamela is not starting this match. He is one player who can help us get back our winning form. Instead, Bergwijn is playing in attack. Bergwijn works hard but he is so clumsy in front of goal, unable to score or assist. We need to rely again on Kane and Son for the goals. Let's hope we will be clinical and ruthless in front of goal to help us beat Sheffield United and move up the league table.

that was my thought to, I don't trust Ndombele to work back enough for that to work, and it puts a lot of pressure on Reguilon and Aurier

could be 3-4-2 plus Kane in a free role, that would be better imo

Tanguy is certainly in for a busy afternoon if they play 3-5-2.

I dont think a back 3 has to be defensive, but I'm not sure why he's gone with it today unless he thinks that their wingbacks are a huge threat and needs to be met with like for like.

I'd prefer to see us impose ourselves on them though, rather than change our formation

I feel like we don't play well with 3 at the back... it always looks good on paper but in reality the midfield is too empty and our 2 (Hojbjerg and Ndombele) will get pressed out of the game by the opposition.

IF that starts to happen then someone (Reg and Aurier out wide or Berg/Kane) needs to do something about it, if Mourinho allows it to happen and happen and happen with no change.

VERY pleased to hear Mourinho's interview before the game where he admitted that we are definitely sitting back and allowing ourselves to be dominated in the second half of games, and saying we clearly do not want to be pushed back and he instructs the players to push on in the second half.

I really don't know how to equate those 2 statements and the reality but at least he acknowledges the reality and thus must be trying to change it.

If those performances were getting results he wouldn't be saying that's not what he's setting us up to do - remember earlier in the season he was saying he's here to get results not play good football (or something along those lines)

Tanguy is certainly in for a busy afternoon if they play 3-5-2.

I dont think a back 3 has to be defensive, but I'm not sure why he's gone with it today unless he thinks that their wingbacks are a huge threat and needs to be met with like for like.

I'd prefer to see us impose ourselves on them though, rather than change our formation

agree on the three, in that case though I'd have rather seen Sissoko in the line up rather than Son or Bergwijn and lock the middle down

Sheffield Utd play an odd system where their CBS attack as wingbacks so I guess the formation change has something to do with that.

As for Mourinhos comments, I don’t buy he deliberately instructs us to sit back and hold for a 1-0 lead every time. He has literally no form for doing that throughout his career. He’s an intelligent man, he will know in this day and age you can’t do that. I think it’s to do with the transition in style we are going through and getting that right rather than go from one extreme to the other. It’s still Mourinhos issue to fix, but I don’t think the issue is that Jose wants us to sit back and defend a 1-0 lead all the time....

Back