• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

As a kid I was great friends with the kids of a criminal family and one of their sons went on to play for England and win premiership titles, you cant always judge people on their families. I think Spurs will want to know why he was allowed to play on with and injury tonight.

As a kid I was great friends with the kids of a criminal family and one of their sons went on to play for England and win premiership titles, you cant always judge people on their families. I think Spurs will want to know why he was allowed to play on with and injury tonight.

You cannot, and I would hope that people do not see the comment I made as judgement. It is, however, undeniable that if he allows his eye to be taken off the professional attributes necessary to be the best/fulfill his potential, then. it simply will not happen and his talent will go to waste.

There is also one key difference in your example mate; kids don't pick their families but they pick their paths. Troy has choices to make right now. 18 is a terrible age for commons sense to be a factor in anything, which is why it is vital that those around him are able to exert positive influence. In my experience, very few people around those who are ascendant famous are able to be honest with them, especially that young. It is all about the lifestyle.

Sounds to me like he hangs out with the son of a dodgy individual. Neither he or Troy have a criminal record.

They're both young and have money. I don't think that automatically makes him a bad person. He's only 18 and his friendship group will likely change a lot in the years to come.

Don't think it's fair to write him off because of it. Not yet.

Again, non-one is writing him off, but it is foolish not to see the potential issues here. I hope those around him genuinely have his interests at heart.

Again, to to suggest this is anywhere close, but it is a story that ALL academy/young professional footballers should know.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/sport/article/ravel-morrison-manchester-united

Kane had a lot of loans don’t forget
He did well at millwal and orient
Failed badly at Leicester and Norwich
Yep and I would not rate off Parrott.

Think actually it holds him in good company that he might take a little longer to be first team ready. The majority of players that are good at 25 were not ready at 17.

Seems Mourinho might have been right about this one and I say this as someone who has an Irish wife so not knocking the Irish, but they were a bit over zealous in their support of him. It is the sort of blind patriotism that when levelled at anyone English displaying it, is quickly followed by a charge of racism.

Kane had a lot of loans don’t forget
He did well at millwal and orient
Failed badly at Leicester and Norwich
Exactly. I wasn't clear - I meant make or break as in how he reacts to this not going well. He either learns from it and realises he has lots of work to do or he lets it affect him negatively.
We seem to have a good set up to support good development - hopefully he reacts positively and wants to fight to succeed.

Exactly. I wasn't clear - I meant make or break as in how he reacts to this not going well. He either learns from it and realises he has lots of work to do or he lets it affect him negatively.
We seem to have a good set up to support good development - hopefully he reacts positively and wants to fight to succeed.

Who knew Matt Hanc*ck was a Spurs fan! I would say it's great to have you on board but... ;)

Back