• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

That's a fair assessment of the Jose mindset.

Also after Wolves he said post match 'i didn't ask my players to play like that. Don't ask me ..ask my players, they will tell you'. No matter how much authority you think Jose holds, you'd have to admit he is likely to be telling the truth, as denying saying something that you actually did and then putting it on the players is a fast track to losing the dressing room.

BUT the day to day way Jose operates, his expectations, his behaviour, his words can definitely create his culture, and I think that culture is he rules by fear (intentionally or not)
He 100% rules by fear
But I think it’s fear set by expectation
He hasn’t exactly binned off players who have made mistakes
He also has his favourites like any a manager
I think his bar is higher than maybe pochs was for example and that creates the fear

I agree
But then the argument would be that we’re paying him a huge £££ to deliver
Arguably a cup and CL is a good return
But that’s not guaranteed

Especially when he's known as an instant results man with a 3rd year meltdown everywhere he's lasted that long

You want to read the wisdom of the crowd.

I prefer the logic of statistics.

Serious answer, I’ve not heard of it, any good?

The problem with sports fans is that they have emotion, witness only about 5% of the work and give in to confirmation bias.

You can’t truly appraise something unless you are completely detached from it.

I don’t see any logic in a crowd getting on a managers back whilst they are trying to implement something new.

You have to give them a chance. Even more so when they have proven themselves successful elsewhere.

Crowds arent going to be meaningfully back until next season. He won't be 'implementing' something then - it'll be his team. If performances are are awful as regularly as we see this season AND we're not in the top 4, then its perfectly right that he takes some stick.

My money says that we'll have a new manager on 1st Jan 2022

Crowds arent going to be meaningfully back until next season. He won't be 'implementing' something then - it'll be his team. If performances are are awful as regularly as we see this season AND we're not in the top 4, then its perfectly right that he takes some stick.

My money says that we'll have a new manager on 1st Jan 2022

I agree that if results and performances are bad he’ll be done.

I don’t think either are true currently under reasonable analysis, our xG numbers are very good. Certain results have been disappointing obviously, but it’s easy to highlight specific moments where points were thrown away, these can be fixed.

I’ll be very disappointed if that’s the case, as it will mean Jose has failed, I wouldn’t be able to see any hope for the future then.

Sounds to me like the players chose to defend more
Same thing came out of Hojdjberg post match piece too
I mean both talk about their actions on the oh the and their decisions to be careful
If the players chose to defend like that and it wasn't what Mourinho wants then it is Mourinho's failing in getting them to do what he wants.
If Mourinho instructed them to play that way then it's all on him. Either way, the buck stops with Mourinho and he has to fix it.

I prefer the logic of statistics.

Serious answer, I’ve not heard of it, any good?

The problem with sports fans is that they have emotion, witness only about 5% of the work and give in to confirmation bias.

You can’t truly appraise something unless you are completely detached from it.

Yeah is a good book. Makes you realise how stupid people are.

If the players chose to defend like that and it wasn't what Mourinho wants then it is Mourinho's failing in getting them to do what he wants.
If Mourinho instructed them to play that way then it's all on him. Either way, the buck stops with Mourinho and he has to fix it.
Is it his fault they miss chances?
and give away penalties
Don’t disagree he has to fix it but players are also culpable

Is it his fault they miss chances?
and give away pelanties
Don’t disagree he has to fix it but players are also culpable
I mean the sitting deep and not attacking when 1-0 going into the last 30 mins.
It's either his instructions to sit deep or players are not following his instructions and doing it anyway.
That part he has to sort out.

I mean the sitting deep and not attacking when 1-0 going into the last 30 mins.
It's either his instructions to sit deep or players are not following his instructions and doing it anyway.
That part he has to sort out.
Yep
Needs sorting
As I said earlier I think it’s multitude of reasons which means a multiple of problems

I don’t see any logic in a crowd getting on a managers back whilst they are trying to implement something new.

You have to give them a chance. Even more so when they have proven themselves successful elsewhere.

To much sense in that for some.

By the time crowds are back, it'll be approaching two years. That's enough time to be able to judge any manager

It was more to the sentiment that it would be happening already if crowds were in, which I have seen frequently over the last few weeks.

It was more to the sentiment that it would be happening already if crowds were in, which I have seen frequently over the last few weeks.

OK. Its obviously completely hypothetical given that no side of that argument can prove it. From my perspective, after 1 win in 6 games we're at the point where a couple poor results sees us in say 7th/8th type area in the PL. I think at that point the drudgery of our football would cause the crowd to turn and the atmosphere would get worse and worse

I really do think things are on a knife-edge with Jose, but he'll get more time given the lack of crowds at games

Do not disagree, however it seems some have already made their mind up already.

Some have, some haven't. I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I'd like to believe that Jose can succeed, but if I had to put money on it I'd say that he won't be our manager at the end of this calendar year.

If he gets top 4 this year I think he'll be our manager into 2022 (get into the CL, spend a bit more £££, probably get through the group etc). Without top 4, it depends on the football and results next season....and I think we'll be somewhat similar to this season, unless we spend big (which I doubt we will). (Obviously if we miss top 4 by a distance, Jose might not see next season)

I'm not sure winning a cup this year makes a difference - if the football next season is crap and we're say 7th in Nov/Dec, then I think Levy would act irrespective of whether we win a trophy this season

Back