• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He played in a 3 with Jan and Toby either side of him, that’s why he looked really good in his first season.
He ONLY played 5/6 weeks like that, then Toby pulled his hamstring apart versus Real Madrid at Wembley. We continued in a 3 with Dier for a month then Sanchez got suspended (Watford) ...which then led us back to playing a 2 (often Sanchez and Jan)

He ONLY played 5/6 weeks like that, then Toby pulled his hamstring apart versus Real Madrid at Wembley. We continued in a 3 with Dier for a month then Sanchez got suspended (Watford) ...which then led us back to playing a 2 (often Sanchez and Jan)
Is that true? Seemed like at least half a season? Definitely his best form for us anyway with the two minders next to him.

Last edited:
Is it just me or was his display the worst of a whole lot of poor displays last night.

Had really high hopes when he first joined us but struggling to justify any optimism for the future. :(

Is Wanyama still playing? :D

Is it just me or was his display the worst of a whole lot of poor displays last night.

Had really high hopes when he first joined us but struggling to justify any optimism for the future. :(

Is Wanyama still playing? :D
Honestly thought he was ok and didn’t do anything wrong. But he is a very very limited player now
The time that did him for the goal was class by Lookman. Toby though may have stayed on his feet more and not gone done the same way

Honestly thought he was ok and didn’t do anything wrong. But he is a very very limited player now
The time that did him for the goal was class by Lookman. Toby though may have stayed on his feet more and not gone done the same way
Agreed, thought he was better yesterday than he's been for quite a while.

Mind you, my opinion is that he often looks good when he's stronger and faster than the forwards he faces, when he can be dominating physically.

When he comes up against someone quicker or stronger he struggles more.

Mind you, my opinion is that he often looks good when he's stronger and faster than the forwards he faces, when he can be dominating physically.

He was torn apart by lookman for pace
And of course he was also put on his arse by the same player

The reputation he came with as a beast is a fallacy (just as Bergwijn being rapid is), it may carry in the Eredervisie (?) but the prem level has shown them its a good few steps up and there will be faster and stronger opponents than you most weeks.

Sanchez carries himself to upright to fully utilise his strength, his centre of gravity as such is too high and the smart strong forwards will exploit this, a barge, nudge just at the right time Costa, Deeney, Rondon, Ings, etc

A 42m sale is not going to happen period, so if we want to free his slot in the squad and Jose doesn't feel like he can be first choice then we need to cut our cloth accordingly and move him on for whatever fee we can get.

A 42m sale is not going to happen period, so if we want to free his slot in the squad and Jose doesn't feel like he can be first choice then we need to cut our cloth accordingly and move him on for whatever fee we can get.

I'm not sure that Levy is going to want to sell anyone in a stagnant market when we could get considerably more if we are prepared to hold on a little longer.

I'm not sure that Levy is going to want to sell anyone in a stagnant market when we could get considerably more if we are prepared to hold on a little longer.

By that time sanchez could be training with the stiffs, value plummeting by the day and shot of confidence.

In todays market we have to be realistic and smart not just trying to chase money back or trying to rip others off ... that is if we are genuinely trying to get shot of him

By that time sanchez could be training with the stiffs, value plummeting by the day and shot of confidence.

In todays market we have to be realistic and smart not just trying to chase money back or trying to rip others off ... that is if we are genuinely trying to get shot of him

The alternative is to loan him out and hope that the market is in better shape in the summer.

I am in favour of him leaving. We can only register one of him or Rodon in Europe, barring a surprise exit, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rodon was picked ahead of him.

Back