• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs - Fulham

who'd previously been converted to a DM from a CB

and the other CB was our record signing for a while

both are capable of much better than we saw on that goal, Jose is partly responsible for that of course
Sanchez isn't even capable of passing a ball or heading a ball or anything else.
Almost everybody to a man were horrified when they saw Sanchez's name on the team sheet. That's on Jose.
He shouldn't have been anywhere near the starting eleven and playing Sissoko where he did and not changing it at half time or earlier in the second half was criminal or perhaps you enjoyed Sanchez's long punts up towards Sissoko in the centre forward role hiding behind their centre backs. It was painful to watch and Mourinho got what he deserved!

who'd previously been converted to a DM from a CB

and the other CB was our record signing for a while

both are capable of much better than we saw on that goal, Jose is partly responsible for that of course

Other than a good first season Sanchez has been a dreadful signing. Can’t kick a ball, can’t head, makes poor decisions, gets bullied by most forwards, can’t tackle. Basically can’t do anything other than run fast. Not too late for him to try short distance running but he’s not a centre half.

Sanchez isn't even capable of passing a ball or heading a ball or anything else.
Almost everybody to a man were horrified when they saw Sanchez's name on the team sheet. That's on Jose.
He shouldn't have been anywhere near the starting eleven and playing Sissoko where he did and not changing it at half time or earlier in the second half was criminal or perhaps you enjoyed Sanchez's long punts up towards Sissoko in the centre forward role hiding behind their centre backs. It was painful to watch and Mourinho got what he deserved!

I was surprised to see him start too, I don't know the method of his selection though, I'm sure there was a logic to it in Jose's mind.

That Sissoko was the one stretching the defence suggests to me that the hiding was being done by somebody else.

Other than a good first season Sanchez has been a dreadful signing. Can’t kick a ball, can’t head, makes poor decisions, gets bullied by most forwards, can’t tackle. Basically can’t do anything other than run fast. Not too late for him to try short distance running but he’s not a centre half.

I agree, he's been awful for ages and he got done a few times tonight.

The thing is, we think it’s coming because of our historical Spur si ness, he’s spent his entire time here working on stopping us conceding goals, he clearly trusts himself that one day the lessons are going to stick and we’ll keep a clean sheet.

We’ve spent the last 140 years trying to out attack the opposition and we’ve won effectively fudge all. I can’t believe I’m the only one pleased that we are trying something new.
You kidding right ?
I would rather win fudge all than play like this.
It's awful. We won the double, is that fudge all?
Until recently we had won the FA cup a record amount of times. Is that fudge all ?

You kidding right ?
I would rather win fudge all than play like this.
It's awful. We won the double, is that fudge all?
Until recently we had won the FA cup a record amount of times. Is that fudge all ?

two league titles from about 100 attempts, 12 domestic cups out of nearly 200 attempts, no European cups, only 3 continental cups

yeah, that’s effectively fudge all imo

I no longer care about the how, just the do

Anyone proposing Sissoko as MOTM this evening doesnt understand football. Doherty had a better game than Sissoko

I am fine with Sissoko, and I didn't feel he was any worse than some tonight, but yes, there is a major problem with his selection. It left Dele on the bench. We needed Dele starting tonight. He can play off the right if need be, and certainly today would've been effective going forward. I think Dele tonight would've seen us win. I presume Mourinho was afraid to leave Serge alone? Or perhaps it is time to face the fact that the manager has given up on him/he has given up on the manager...

This is on Mourinho. As have other matches like Wolves and Palace.
He continues to pick these line-ups, he continues to then instruct them to play with the handbrake on.
As for the timing of his subs...

Very annoyed with this draw ! This is yet more valuable points lost ! It is unacceptable to continue conceding these late goals. Mourinho and the players have to share the blame for this draw. Thought we would win this match comfortably since we have beaten Fulham in our last 4 league matches.

We started well and deserved to take the lead with the Kane goal. And then we created enough chances to score 5 or 6 goals after that but we wasted them all ! Kane, Hojbjerg, Son and Sissoko all should have scored from their chances. We should have won this match 5-0 or 6-0. Instead we failed to kill the game off and were punished yet again.

You have to question Mourinho's decision to bring forward the Fulham match after our match against Villa was postponed. And then Mourinho's team selection was all wrong. Lamela or Moura should have started in attack instead of Sissoko and Sissoko should have played in midfield instead of Winks. Wonder when will Mourinho realise that Winks are not good enough for our midfield ?

Worst part was playing Sanchez with Dier in defence. Both are error prone, especially Sanchez and we were never going to keep the clean sheet with him playing. It was yet another free header goal which we conceded. It seems like we cannot make headed clearance anymore. Alderweireld should have started instead of Sanchez.

So, with 1 win in 6 league matches, we have gone from first to mid table in the league. We are now 6 points off the top of the league but also only 7 points ahead of so-called team-in-crisis Arsenal ! Unless we sign better players than Sanchez, Winks and Aurier, we cannot hope to be back in the top 4 race. Maybe we should write off the league and concentrate fully on winning the Cups.

Playing a whole second half without actually trying to attack (until the opposition equalise) is certainly on the manager yes. If you don't want your team playing deep and defensive then either get up on the sideline and instruct a change or make a fcuking substitution to change the shape!

I think that’s a separate issue in that had we taken our chances we would have won comfortably

The game should have been out of site by half time

I reckon at least two of our good chances were offside and would've been chalked off with VAR

One was chalked off but the chances I’m referring to were Son’s header where he gave the keeper a chance to save it
His one on one in the second half
Another header from Harry
Hojberg clear run on goal
Sissoko’s dribble in the area although I appreciate that is not his game

Two points thrown away

Regain some control in midfield perhaps? Or maybe even add some creativity to what was on show. The bar was exceptionally low in that second half and it would be difficult to see how they would have made matters worse.

Yes I get what you’re saying but Dele is not the sort of player you bring on to try and take control not even when on form and he’s a long way from that

Bale sadly looks finished at this level

Good arguments for bringing Skipp back

squad needs trimming and strengthening imv but we’re not a million miles away and I’m still hopeful of at least one trophy this season

Top four a struggle with the current squad

That seems like just blaming the same old players to me.... Dier was equally culpable for the goal as Sanchez (perhaps more so as there is no excuse for just missing a header). Son was worse than Sissoko today. Mourinho's team and tactics were the biggest problem though, pick only 3 attacking players at home to a relegation battler.... which other team would do that?

I’m blaming the same old players because they are frequently brick more than the others, wasted places in the team. I agree with your other points though, the others were brick too.
Serious injuries aside, I don’t see how they can justify being started.

The manager lost me last night.

Simply unbelievable to pick that team and tactics against an incredibly brick team at home. Worse still is to not change it when its clearly not working and even a blind man could see their leveller coming.

Mourinho really ought to be ashamed of himself.

Not sure where we go from here. In such a competitive league this season for top 4 places, we can now imo forget about ending in the CL positions, which is quite remarkable as we amazingly should be having a realistic crack at the title this season. With Tuchel, Nagelsmann or a switched on peak Poch I think we’d have won the league this season.

We certainly would have won last night something like 5-0 yet mourinho managed to turn that into a 1-1 draw that fulham could even have nicked the winner in the end.

Extremely alarming. League is now over and league cup is not enough. If we win that then we must also win one of the other cups otherwise the season has been a disaster. Even if we win 2 out 3 the football has to change.

Cannot accept that selection and tactics at home to fudging fulham.

Which is why its such a mystery that we keep on doing it. Is it some mental thing? Surely Jose can't be so stupid as to tell them to do it? Can he?
He's a coward and we play cowardly football. I'm seriously wondering how well someone like say Tuchel could do with this squad because Mourinho just can't seem to get his head around playing with attacking intent.

He's a coward and we play cowardly football. I'm seriously wondering how well someone like say Tuchel could do with this squad because Mourinho just can't seem to get his head around playing with attacking intent.

It's really inexcusable if it's a deliberate strategy, and it really seems to be. It did look like we set ourselves up much lower in the second half. Ridiculous considering how we had them by the balls in the first half.

Oh, well, as long as there's a trophy at the end of it, right? Then it's all worth it! One night of celebration, and hundreds of nights of watching a talented team of footballers set up to defend (badly). Oh joy.

The manager lost me last night.

Simply unbelievable to pick that team and tactics against an incredibly brick team at home. Worse still is to not change it when its clearly not working and even a blind man could see their leveller coming.

Mourinho really ought to be ashamed of himself.

Not sure where we go from here. In such a competitive league this season for top 4 places, we can now imo forget about ending in the CL positions, which is quite remarkable as we amazingly should be having a realistic crack at the title this season. With Tuchel, Nagelsmann or a switched on peak Poch I think we’d have won the league this season.

We certainly would have won last night something like 5-0 yet mourinho managed to turn that into a 1-1 draw that fulham could even have nicked the winner in the end.

Extremely alarming. League is now over and league cup is not enough. If we win that then we must also win one of the other cups otherwise the season has been a disaster. Even if we win 2 out 3 the football has to change.

Cannot accept that selection and tactics at home to fudging fulham.

I agree with a lot of your post but there are two things that strike me as a massive overreaction.

We’re still in the race for top 4. Well in it. In fact, we’re still in the race for the league although I think, unless we win every game from here, we’ve dropped too many stupid points to be league winners. But to suggest that we can forget top 4 is nuts.

No manager guarantees a 5-0 win against Fulham. That’s a bit disrespectful to them. They lost one in six before last night. There are also a lot of strange results going around. We should expect to beat Fulham at home and be massively disappointed that we didn’t but to suggest that another manager would have beat them by 5 is not realistic.

I think that’s a separate issue in that had we taken our chances we would have won comfortably

The game should have been out of site by half time

I’ve read this kind of comment a few times in this thread post-match.

The fact is we WEREN’T out of sight by half time. No point saying that we should have been. We were 1-0 up, as we have been in a number of games this season in which we eventually threw away points - and we did exactly what we did in those previous games. Sat deep and invited the opposition on to us, without making any changes from the bench until it was too late.

Very frustrating - and terrible to watch.

I’m happy to stick with Mourinho until the end of the season in the hope that he gets us across the line with a trophy. But this style of play won’t get us anywhere near winning the PL, and it won’t be accepted by most fans when they are back to paying £50 or £60 a pop to watch it in the stadium.

Back