• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs - Fulham

If the players haven't learned their assignment packages before the game asking them to shift to a different one from the dugout will likely make things worse.

Jose has always been about tactical preparation, maybe he need's to work the players harder in the classroom rather than the training pitch.
I think changing tactics would be better than doubling down on these ones.

Playing a whole second half without actually trying to attack (until the opposition equalise) is certainly on the manager yes. If you don't want your team playing deep and defensive then either get up on the sideline and instruct a change or make a fcuking substitution to change the shape!

I'd have to check the stats, but I think we'd had 6 attempts at HT, finished the game with 15, and only had 2/3 after Fulham scored. If thats correct, or close, it means we had more attempts when we had the lead than when we didn't.

I think changing tactics would be better than doubling down on these ones.

You can' just do that on the fly though, it has to be something thats already been programmed in.

And if it's been programmed in, so has the situational change requirement.

It should all be automatic now. If the players have put the work in.

Really.... You think we had 9 shots in the second half? (50% more than we had in the first half?)

Yes, I do, I'm pretty sure the graphic said 6 at HT, and I'm pretty sure Bedford said we finished with 15. If both those things are correct then 9 is a very reasonable estimation.

Yes, I do, I'm pretty sure the graphic said 6 at HT, and I'm pretty sure Bedford said we finished with 15. If both those things are correct then 9 is a very reasonable estimation.
if both of those numbers were correct then 9 would be better than a very reasonable estimation! ;)

The 15 number is correct, I don't think your 6 number at HT is though. I think we'd had 11 in the first half, that compared to 7 for Fulham. I think 6 might have been the number of shots we'd had on target?

Are we the most negative team in the league? Is there another team in the league that would play at home to a team in the relegation zone and only set up with 3 attacking players in the 11?
Can't be far off. I regulary see "lesser" teams trying more with a poorer squad. And lose, but lose trying. We seems to treat almost every single game against bottom half teams like a training or pre-season match, even with all the on-paper firepower we have. We apparently don't treat the opposition with respect. Yes we miss chances, and if we bury 50% or more of them we will usually win. Sometimes soundly. As will probably any other team in the league. Yes, Son and Højbjerg missed chances, and ever so often the defence roosters up, but that's not the problem. The approach is. We should be more than good enough to put games like this away, even if sometimes it's "that" day, the keeper or the odd 99 games without legs and goals player has a one-off. I just can't understand it, can this be called "tactics"? And as someone implied, are we set up more to avoid losing than to facilitate winning? Is this the right way to go for a team aspiring to at least challenge for the title?

We may have been a bit spoiled under Poch, but it's not that long ago every game was a treat. Sometimes we won, sometimes we lost. But boy were we entertaining. And good. Now almost every game can put anyone but the hardest Spurs fan to sleep.

6 on target from 11 doesn't sound like us
If you look at the XG pic on page 48 I think it shows us having 10 shots in the first half and 5 in the second.... That would seem about right to me (although I thought I saw 11 on the screen at half time)... We seemed twice as likely to score in the first half than we did the second (as we'd gone into our usual sit back and try to protect what we have mode).

I’m sure many will jump on Jose, but again, we’ve made plenty of chances and Hugo hasn’t made a save.

We dropped points today because the centre backs made horrific errors and Kane and Son were brick.
He picked the centre backs ! , even converting one from a DM !

If you look at the XG pic on page 48 I think it shows us having 10 shots in the first half and 5 in the second.

I checked who scored and they only show 13 shots total?

If I'm wrong on numbers my point was that we still made good chances in the second half, and I did originally say (possibly in another conversation) that we made more chances when winning than we did when drawing.

And! Bloody hell have you seen the xG?

He picked the centre backs ! , even converting one from a DM !

who'd previously been converted to a DM from a CB

and the other CB was our record signing for a while

both are capable of much better than we saw on that goal, Jose is partly responsible for that of course

Worst result of the season for me.
Such long periods walking about doing nothing as if we had already won, and fudge knows why we played Sissoko RW.

Have we not noticed that other teams sprint and play with maximum intensity?

He played Sissoko RW ( wrongly) to help Aurier but he didn't. He was at fault for the goal because he should have been on the left back but instead Aurier went there while he took Lookman , wrong way round but no disaster but then he did something again that ruined what could have been the best footballing day of our lives ....he pointed!
He fu**ing pointed to Sanchez or a.nother to pick up Lookman when he should have been doing it!
He was still nearer to Lookman than anybody else but he shirked the responsibility or couldn't be bothered. Freeze the game at that point and you will see him marking NOBODY and Sanchez has now been pulled out of position and not in position to help Dier deal with the cross . Sissoko would have probably prevented that cross coming in anyway , as he couldn't have made a bigger hash of it than Sanchez did.
This goal was mostly down to Sissoko (and of course Sanchez ) who was only on the pitch to PREVENT something like that happening because he sure doesn't offer the slightest thing at the other end of the pitch. Absolutely nothing came from him and he wasn't involved in any of our numerous chances. He hides behind opposition players so he can't receive the ball. He seems to be undroppable which is on Mourinho. He has to take the blame for this as well.

Back