• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs - Fulham

Whilst what you say is true about the first half chances. We had one in the second half and they had way more. We sat back. We have the game back to them. You can't live on chances missed. We was only one goal up. We needed to push on. We know what happens when we sit back.

We had chances in the second half as well.

We had son through on goal

Sissoko trips over the ball In front of the goal

Kane fires a poor cross in from the by line

Ndombele tackles himself in box with a simple lay off to Kane

etc etc

We are so wasteful.

I’m sure many will jump on Jose, but again, we’ve made plenty of chances and Hugo hasn’t made a save.

We dropped points today because the centre backs made horrific errors and Kane and Son were brick.

I blame Jose for:

Subbing of Ndombele
Leaving Sissoko on when we need a goal
Starting Sanchez. He’s ducking dreadful
Bringing Lamela on when we’re chasing a goal who scores about 1 every 10 games

I guess son scores and it’s game over but it’s just a gradual regression encouraging the opponents to believe they can score and our defence isn’t strong enough on crosses. Considering our ‘strong bench’ it’s disillusioning to see no effort to use it to give us a change of gear as we lose control of the game

Part of the frustration is we're not far off being a good side. Just the balance is off. We started first half throwing caution to the wind and created lots of chances. Then second half its the same old story of being passive, not taking the game to the opposition and letting them build and figure out a way through.

Pathetic.

I can live with no progression, GHod knows I’ve gotten used to it over the years. But this is just so. bloody. boring. Lockdown football in every sense of the word.

If I feel like watching defensive ponderous risk-averse games theres lots of 90s italian football on youtube. Not Spurs, please.

Cowardly performance that barely deserved a point. He's lucky there are no fans in the stadium.

Is that 1 win in 6 in the league?

Indeed. I remember it hearing it at WBA when Sherwood was in charge, but they would be singing "We want our Tottenham back"

But we leak simple goals like that. No one talks about how inviting our CBs are. Dier is not a CB... He is te weak link and I hope that Levy is able to put sentimentality aside and invest in a very crucial position. Base of the spine... Get it right and the posture of the whole team changes.
I actually liked it when we were exposed at the back, shows we're showing a bit of ambition, our strikers are gonna score more than theirs in an open game.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

There has been absolutely no progression in our attacking play in the 12 months + that he has been here and the defensive improvements come from putting all our players behind the ball.

He's done
My mate just said, he’s sorted the defence out. I said, so could I picking 8 defenders per game.

Problem is we could all see it coming and Jose sat on his hands.

Odd bad result fair enough. But this is same game over and over 10 dropped.

We play with brakes on and that’s on Jose.

The thing is, we think it’s coming because of our historical Spur si ness, he’s spent his entire time here working on stopping us conceding goals, he clearly trusts himself that one day the lessons are going to stick and we’ll keep a clean sheet.

We’ve spent the last 140 years trying to out attack the opposition and we’ve won effectively fudge all. I can’t believe I’m the only one pleased that we are trying something new.

The thing is, we think it’s coming because of our historical Spur si ness, he’s spent his entire time here working on stopping us conceding goals, he clearly trusts himself that one day the lessons are going to stick and we’ll keep a clean sheet.

We’ve spent the last 140 years trying to out attack the opposition and we’ve won effectively fudge all. I can’t believe I’m the only one pleased that we are trying something new.

Your boy is finished mate

Back