• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

From what I know Al Jazeera did originally push this story, although it seems to have originated with other news agencies first, but then retracted it. They have also been accused of anti-semitism because they take a pro-Palestinian stance when they are really anti-Israel and anti-Netanyahu. Would agree with DTA that Arab News is institutionally unreliable and basically a Saudi Pravda.
I'm not sure that makes it any less reliable than a Qatari Pravda.

I will look in to the 911 thing but the arab news article is likely to be tosh as its owned and controlled by Saudi who are in political conflict with Qatar. Mainly because Qatar are not towing the line in terms of hostility towards Iran and al jeezra have been a torn in their side in terms of exposing some of the many underhand dealings that epitomises the quite frankly awful and dangerous Saudi state including their support and funding of whabbi groups which are the main driver of Islamic extremism.

As for the Arab version of Al jezera being more extreme, I wouldnt know as I dont speak Arabic, but again if that message is coming from "Arab news" then I would view it with a huge amount of scepticism.

Does anyone here speak Arabic, and watch that version of Al jezera? Would anyone say that what arab news is reporting is in anyway factual?

I have freelanced for Al Jazeera over the years. I’ve not personally witnessed a culture of anti-semitism and I’ve never heard full-time employees or other freelancers flag this up. A sentiment of Anti-Israel occupation of Palestine and anti-Netenyahu certainly.

Aside from their news content (which is held in high regard in the broadcast world), their editorial content is regarded as some of the finest around. That said, as with plenty of news organisations, there can be biases which can trigger.

Edit: I should add I primarily freelance for Al Jaz English

Last edited:
I have freelanced for Al Jazeera over the years. I’ve not personally witnessed a culture of anti-semitism and I’ve never heard full-time employees or other freelancers flag this up. A sentiment of Anti-Israel occupation of Palestine and anti-Netenyahu certainly.

Aside from their news content (which is held in high regard in that world), their editorial content is regarded as some of the finest around. That said, as with plenty of news organisations, there can be biases which can trigger.

Edit: I should add I primarily freelance for Al Jaz English

Yeah that would be my take on it as well.

Personal bias creeping in with me taking anything non-Saudi over anything pro-Saudi. The Qataris ain't great by a long stretch but they still aren't the (extremist) House of Saud.
True, but when one national propaganda machine is pointing out the anti-semitic behaviour of the other national propaganda machine, I'll appreciate the work they're doing.

True, but when one national propaganda machine is pointing out the anti-semitic behaviour of the other national propaganda machine, I'll appreciate the work they're doing.

But if the only source is "Arab news" then the it is likely to politically motivated lies. If there are other more reliable and non bias sources then thats different

But if the only source is "Arab news" then the it is likely to politically motivated lies. If there are other more reliable and non bias sources then thats different
Those are incidents I remember being widely reported at the time.

That site was just the first search result from "Al Jazeera anti-Semitism"

Back