• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I think as stats go it does tell a story tbf - ultimately neither player can be relied upon and it's an obvious area of the pitch that needs improving.

If we're going to give Bergwijn a run there to stake his claim i think that we need to cut loose all other options and bring in someone else to contest the position - that's not really a revelation, it's been clear for quite some time

You think you are going to get a better option than Lucas to sit on the bench? for what money?

Sorry mate, just not even a remote priority, before that we need
- CB, replacement for Sanchez short term, Toby long term
- CM, someone to rotate/backup with PEH, perhaps another creative player.
- GK, backup, long term replacement for Hugo (might be critical if the noise re PSG has anything to it)

I'd probably even put RB on the list before a Lucas replacement

Lamela goes, Bale will not be long term, we seem to be giving Bergwijn the chance to make it his own, Lucas is a decent bench/cup option.

With the current game financial situation as well, I doubt anyone in the club is even thinking about it.

You think you are going to get a better option than Lucas to sit on the bench? for what money?

Sorry mate, just not even a remote priority, before that we need
- CB, replacement for Sanchez short term, Toby long term
- CM, someone to rotate/backup with PEH, perhaps another creative player.
- GK, backup, long term replacement for Hugo (might be critical if the noise re PSG has anything to it)

I'd probably even put RB on the list before a Lucas replacement

Lamela goes, Bale will not be long term, we seem to be giving Bergwijn the chance to make it his own, Lucas is a decent bench/cup option.

With the current game financial situation as well, I doubt anyone in the club is even thinking about it.

i don't want players to 'sit on the bench' i want players that are going to push for a first team position - Bergwijn himself still has it all to prove and so whoever is the alternative option in that position needs to be competent as they're likely to get plenty of game time and Moura has shown time and time again that he is not good enough to play regualrly for us as he rarely plays well, 1 in 10 at best and the other 9 he spends all game running in to blind alleys and giving the ball away. do i think we could get a better option than Moura off the bench? yes i do, he's not even the best option in the squad off the bench in his own position - if we were actually to go in to the market id be confident of improving on him with relative ease. If we sold Lamela/Moura and terminated Bales contract we'd likely have enough to be looking at competition for Bergwijn rather than a bench warmer.

The stats don’t look good for Moura, Lamela or Bergwijn. There’s a hole that needs to be filled there no doubt about it. Can Alli do that job? Hope he gets a chance to show he can. I’ve been a critic of his for what I feel is justified criticism but at the same time I don’t want to give up on him as he has proven he can be a near world class player when he’s on form, he needs to improve aspects of his game but still.

Moura for me has more credit in the bank than Lamela and Bergwijn. I’ve defended him for a long time but the more I see of him the more I feel he’s not good enough. As a squad player yes, he has a great attitude, works hard and can get you a goal but not a starter. Lamela needs to be sold IMO. Moura scored 10 league goals in his first full season with us. That’s twice as many as Lamela’s highest total in the league and more than Bergwijn.

whatever credit either player had in the bank has long since been used up for me - if Lamela was fit and getting minutes id at least be able to continue arguing why i think he offers something but he can't even do that so what's the point? it remains to be seen whether Bergwijn has what it takes but he's new and has time on his side at least so sell the players we know arent ever going to be at the level we need and bring someone in who could be.

Last edited:
Goals scored alone is a terrible way of judging midfielders. We need to look at a much wider range of influence, how many assists, how many assists of assists, how may diversion runs, how many breaks stopped, how many opposing players left with broken fingers etc etc.

Loads of things effect the result of games, being the one who puts the ball over the line really isn't that important.

Goals scored alone is a terrible way of judging midfielders. We need to look at a much wider range of influence, how many assists, how many assists of assists, how may diversion runs, how many breaks stopped, how many opposing players left with broken fingers etc etc.

Loads of things effect the result of games, being the one who puts the ball over the line really isn't that important.

i agree but none of that's important when you arent ever fit enough to play games

I don't think either player, especially Moura, contributes in the way you suggest

I think they both contribute a lot, Bergwijn in particular has been a real asset lately with the amount of work he puts in, thats backed up by Jose regularly starting him.

Moura has had some bad games recently, but for most of his time here he has been a hard working runner that wins a lot of FK's and turns defenders around.

I think they both contribute a lot, Bergwijn in particular has been a real asset lately with the amount of work he puts in, thats backed up by Jose regularly starting him.

Moura has had some bad games recently, but for most of his time here he has been a hard working runner that wins a lot of FK's and turns defenders around.

I don't think that backs anything up really as i think there's a real dearth of quality in contention for that position - Bergwijn undoubtedly the best option as he appears to have some intelligence off the ball at least.

I don't think that backs anything up really as i think there's a real dearth of quality in contention for that position - Bergwijn undoubtedly the best option as he appears to have some intelligence off the ball at least.
Bergwijn has intelligence on the ball also. He doesn't consistently make the wrong choice when on the ball like the options often do. His execution can be off but the intentions are usually correct.

I think even if we want to get rid of Lamela ( i would) i am not sure we would get good money for him to start with and finding a club who wants to sign a player who is always injured/ill is not going to be easy anyway.

I think even if we want to get rid of Lamela ( i would) i am not sure we would get good money for him to start with and finding a club who wants to sign a player who is always injured/ill is not going to be easy anyway.
We might have to let his contract lapse if there isn't much interest in him.

The "Evenink Stannik"* has quoted Mourinho as saying Lamela is "legally available" for selection for the Fulham game. What could he be implying?

* I am not sure that joke works now news vendors outside the station are as rare as those machines that used to dispense cartons of milk.

The "Evenink Stannik"* has quoted Mourinho as saying Lamela is "legally available" for selection for the Fulham game. What could he be implying?

* I am not sure that joke works now news vendors outside the station are as rare as those machines that used to dispense cartons of milk.

If it's a serious question, it means Lamela is available but Jose/Club haven't decided if his covid stupidity deserves further punishment (dropped from games)

Watching the news conference really gives context to those words. Mourinho's manner was odd.
About 13 minutes in here.

do you mean a cow?

iu

Back