• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs & Covid

The article has some of the background - I cant see Fulham's argument that they would have fielded a weaker team vs QPR being that strong, and playing Wed/Sat is a weak argument too.

I still think Villa should be forced to play though

The counter argument is they shouldnt even have this chance at all, should have been played 2 weeks ago

The counter argument is they shouldnt even have this chance at all, should have been played 2 weeks ago

Fair point. Biggest risk is that the Sky/BT or whoever is showing Chelsea-Fulham on Friday night veto it as it would mean that game needs to move. Perhaps though if that could move to Sat 530pm or evening so they get the game then, they'd be ok with it

Fair point. Biggest risk is that the Sky/BT or whoever is showing Chelsea-Fulham on Friday night veto it as it would mean that game needs to move. Perhaps though if that could move to Sat 530pm or evening so they get the game then, they'd be ok with it
It’s sky for both games

I wonder which Fulham game will be moved as the home game was due to be on Amazon. Sky might not like that as it’s one of their game weeks.

Two reasons it's not such a bad idea is 1.both teams are from London (ie no real travel concerns) and 2. You'd imagine some pre prep would have been done on this fixture by both teams seeing as it was postponed reasonably late barely two weeks ago. ie not going in cold

Also, so Liverpool can play Villa for the Cup on the weekend but Spurs can't play Villa for the League? Interesting one that.

This could work well for us. In theory Fulham at home should be easier than Villa away. We could do with getting some momentum back and, again in theory, Fulham and Sheff Utd are a great chance to do that...and then we don't have a game midweek next week so can give 1000% for these two games

Plus, Villa are going well at the moment. I cant see them being in much better form in April or whenever we do play them

Good news. Can't really afford to have more games postponed.

Gives an ever so small edge having planned for a game on Wednesday when they hadn't. I'll take any edge we can get.

Not a bad outcome for us, I guess. Not very fair in Fulham's case, although they still take full responsibility for covid cases and postponed match against us.
1) The quantity of postponed games doesn't increase for us.
2) Fulham played 120 minutes on Saturday against QPR and used many of their first-team players.
3) Fulham play Chelsea on Saturday. As result, they defenitely need some rotation against us.
4) Postponed game against Villa will probably happen when they drop some form.

Overall, I predict it is the very beginning of calendar chaos. Hopefully, the season will carry on.

Back