• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

You clearly don't spend enough time here. You should come back, break some rules, own some clothes that go below the knees, etc

Thanks for the invite. Once Covid stops running wild due to the behaviour of a selfish minority and incompetant Tory leadership, I'll consider it.

You might find this guy an interesting follow @LutonSpurs. It is going to be really interesting to see the effect of mass vaccination in Israel and what we might be able to expect here in a few months.

I see that Denmark has vaccinated all elderly care home residents in just a fortnight...

Which should reduce deaths significantly...

Thanks for the replies and well wishes on the funeral question.

It’ll be inside, but distanced (hopefully?) and I will certainly wear a mask, as I hope will others.

They should have doors propped open, like my son's primary school. If not, don't go and sit for half an hour with 20 other people, it isn't safe. Feel free to do the right thing.

It's interesting how the tone of this thread has changed recently. It feels like people are really concerned, rightfully. Does it feel like that where you all are? Any discernible change?

It's interesting how the tone of this thread has changed recently. It feels like people are really concerned, rightfully. Does it feel like that where you all are? Any discernible change?
Defo more concerned about my older family catching the mutated strain than I was originally
But positive about the vaccination roll out and the future

I would rather people died than we just handed over our freedom to the govt.

Of the only options remaining - stay open and the virus spreads or shut everything down and it spreads anyway, I far prefer the former.

Again, these are times when the words we use have extra potential contexts and ramifications. I've just spent the last week hearing some form or other of this sort of potted, hyperbolic s h i t e. It scares, and deeply annoys, me.

They are, the freedom lost is just minor.

I wouldn't described being tracked by the govt and effectively put under house arrest as being minor. Those are not acceptable.

Be sure to pass that onto the boys via Parler, they need some more examples of their eroding freedoms, and traffic lights would be a useful addition to their list.

Last edited:
  1. Vaccinations minister Nadhim Zahawi says they could open 24 hours a day, if there is need
Er yes there is crack the fudge on

Imagine we dont have enough vaccinations right now to warrant it, hence the problem.

Looks like this surgery in Forest Hill must’ve been attempting to do that amount on Friday

2m apart FFS, STAND 2M APART!

I've always been concerned personally. For myself, for my relatives. There seems to be some belief that if you're under 50 years old where i expect many of this forum are, that you'll be ill for a few days then over it. That isn't the case.

People in their 30s are getting it bad, and requiring oxygen in hospital for days. People who are fit and healthy. FFS Saint-Maximin at Saudi Sportswashing Machine has been out for a month now due to COVID, and he's a professional football player in the PL. this thing doesn't fudge about it.

We’ve struggled as a country to have a test, trace and isolate system that works effectively - it just doesn’t work as well as it does in countries like Australia and various other parts of the world. That has to be fixed.

Chief Executive of NHS Confederation

We won't struggle for supply. If we can find a system to administer it quickly, supply is the least of our concerns.

@tommysvr and yes people are starting to get more scared. I hope it leads to more compliance

PM Spokesperson Allegra Stratton:
My understanding is that at the moment there’s not a clamour for appointments late into the night or early in the morning. If that were to change, then it’s something the NHS could well consider.

Sorry, but that's absolute horse brick. I don't know of ANYONE saying they wouldn't be willing to get up at 3am and go for a vaccination. I imagine everyone on this forum would do that. It's absolute crap to say otherwise.

My father in law is nearly 70 and said he would happily get up and go at that time.

PM Spokesperson Allegra Stratton:
My understanding is that at the moment there’s not a clamour for appointments late into the night or early in the morning. If that were to change, then it’s something the NHS could well consider.

Sorry, but that's absolute horse brick. I don't know of ANYONE saying they wouldn't be willing to get up at 3am and go for a vaccination. I imagine everyone on this forum would do that. It's absolute crap to say otherwise.

My father in law is nearly 70 and said he would happily get up and go at that time.

It's also very disingenuous as I imagine any "clamour" for appointments is based on "when can I get my vaccine", not "when can I get my vaccine between the hours of 8am and 8pm"?

I can see that there might be less uptake amongst the oldest categories of people, who are more likely to be reliant on others helping them get to their vaccination centre. But government should be planning now for 24/7 delivery, at larger centres at least, to be ready for when they get to (for example) age 70 and below in the priority list. Obviously they will need enough medical, admin and support staff to be able to work those later shifts - hence why they should be planning now.

Back