• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Time to take a step back

Although we disagreed on almost all viewpoints I always saw you as a fair poster, I will be sorry to see you go. I hope you reconsider... your view points ;)... or at least you decision to leave. Much love.

Last edited:
My dad's old line about disagreements: "We're nae arguing. We're just thrashin' a point."

Well, maybe one can suffer from 'thrash' fatigue. No fault in that.

On the other hand, as we all age, it's good for the brain to have points of debate. Makes me sometimes do research and learn a bit more before resorting to the usual knee-jerk reactions. Hope you enjoy a good break and know there's an empty seat always waiting on the Spurs bandwagon.

So without wishing to sound self indulgent I wanted to post a farewell message on here as this forum has been a huge part of time filler for the past GHod knows how many years.

Even though I have recently had more time on my hand I found myself actually spending less time feeling compelled to post on the forum. Reflected abit on it and I know a large part of that is myself becoming more confrontational probably from the stress of the last year and for anyone I may have upset sincere apologies. I do also feel though that whats contributed is that I have felt for a time that the forum has become more confrontational in the last year which is understandable but thats has morphed into what I would consider a trend where people are becoming too personal and far to quick to place labels on people which are often unfair. I know for a fact that a high profile poster left in the last month because of what he or she felt was the same after an evening of being attacked on here. Ultimately though its more a case of saving myself from my myself and others from myself also haha.

But that aside I have shared some great debates with people on here and there are some genuinely smashing people and have some great memories.

Wishing you all heartfelt best wishes in these terrible times and all thats left to say is COYS.

We just need to remember that everyone probably has issues during this difficult time. I posted something on random a few months ago, and got a fraught response from a poster who I didn’t previously have any interaction(or hadn’t noticed). My first reaction was he/she must have issues. I’ve been proved right but that’s another story(reading subsequent posts). Nothing to see here. I felt sorry for this person who appears to suffering at the moment.

We all know to a certain degree what we post is reasonable or not, and if you get an adverse reaction don’t self reflect too much.

A shame, I enjoy reading 99% of opinions on here regardless of their view. Anyone but extremists should feel safe and appreciated when they post here.

Just mute annoying people and come back.

Did someone say something?!?!?!

Fair play to the OP, as long as you feel it's the best decision and you're not the kind of self proving stubborn type who will not "allow" yourself to come back when the time is right.

It's a funny old place here, full to the brim with good people but if you've spotted yourself behaving out of character and not enjoying your time here then it's the best time to take a break.

Hi lads and lasses, hope everyone is keeping well and healthy, thanks for all the words, was good to know I had not alienated you all.

Had a good month of getting my head into new job along with eating well, walking etc which has been great. With the news this weeks seems a real cause to be positive. I will start coming back on here as the break made me miss the views and chewing the fat so it worked in that respect too.

Ohhh and just to clarify haha I was not saying that I am a high profile poster, that was bad english, I meant that @Danishfurniturelover who had said he was coming off was/is, was not including myself in that.

Hi lads and lasses, hope everyone is keeping well and healthy, thanks for all the words, was good to know I had not alienated you all.

Had a good month of getting my head into new job along with eating well, walking etc which has been great. With the news this weeks seems a real cause to be positive. I will start coming back on here as the break made me miss the views and chewing the fat so it worked in that respect too.

Ohhh and just to clarify haha I was not saying that I am a high profile poster, that was bad english, I meant that @Danishfurniturelover who had said he was coming off was/is, was not including myself in that.

Glad to see you back mate.

Just keep out of the politics thread. Understand that the British government can do no right unless it is a labour government.

I have an Irish wife and half Irish son. I get on with all the family. But it is something I have noticed, it is ok to constantly have pop's at the English at normal run of the mill everyday people that would just not be torelated were it directed at any other nationality.

I got used to it, that is the country we live in now.

I was driving the other day and a girl was by a puddle so I sped up, I soaked her good and proper. Think she goes to my sons school. Bunch of fcuking woke tossers.

Good to see you back mate. Check out the pod!

It's quite obvious why you're back and in a good mood.

You got laid. Time well spent. All you get here is dikked around.

I jest of course. You're here because you couldn't resist grabbing a seat on the bounding, boisterous bandwagon of the super, soar-away Spurs title challenge.

It's quite obvious why you're back and in a good mood.

You got laid. Time well spent. All you get here is dikked around.

I jest of course. You're here because you couldn't resist grabbing a seat on the bounding, boisterous bandwagon of the super, soar-away Spurs title challenge.
Hahah yeh the football and Jose Pressers have kept me going

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Worst flounce in history, you was only gone 5 minutes :rolleyes:

Ban and Reported:p

Welcome back, glad you are in a better place now:)

Back