• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I know of people flying back from South Africa via Dubai (which is completely ok) - they just banned direct travel is all. And this person has had no follow ups or additional checks since being in UK.

Surprising if so, last time I managed to get across in November into Heathrow they had cameras scanning the the queue for temperature abnormalities and I was asked to produce the locator form (same as the previous three visits) - will freely admit however that I saw plenty of staff who we're not wearing face masks while walking in the terminal building.

Though this poxy location form is more an annoyance than anything useful.
I’ve gone through several airports during lockdown
It’s being very easy... too easy
And I say that with a military pass to get through quickly
It’s unreal IMO
The staff also look bored brickless

Only time I had any contact was back in June from the Welsh authorities, two weeks after I got there and telling me I needed to self-isolate for two weeks. Other than that, no texts, no calls no nothing from any other visits. But they have no way to keep tabs on everyone who enters, it's basically impossible, so the form just acts as a contact point if someone on the flight tested positive.

Flying via somewhere should be checked, but if they have the bio passport scanners working then it nullifies the "where have you come from originally" question - or border peeps have given up.

I’ve gone through several airports during lockdown
It’s being very easy... too easy
And I say that with a military pass to get through quickly
It’s unreal IMO
The staff also look bored brickless

If you have a forces pass, or associated work with H.M. Forces, then you are exempt from the locator check though? Least I thought that was one of the UK categories.

For other airports, Cz is easy too but then I hold residency so I just get waved in. AMS and US I have been quizzed for several minutes over the travel, mind you US is overly paranoid on security so maybe that was just their norm.

If you have a forces pass, or associated work with H.M. Forces, then you are exempt from the locator check though? Least I thought that was one of the UK categories.

For other airports, Cz is easy too but then I hold residency so I just get waved in. AMS and US I have been quizzed for several minutes over the travel, mind you US is overly paranoid on security so maybe that was just their norm.
Nah I didn’t even get checked for my paperwork

the other is Boris and the Tories like to be seen as libertarians that do not want to involve themselves into peoples daily lives. Now of course that's all well and good in 'normal' times. During a global pandemic, you need to act like there's a global

This 100 times over. Best post on this thread, GHod knows the has been an awful lot of bad ones.

This 100 times over. Best post on this thread, GHod knows the has been an awful lot of bad ones.

giphy.gif

Just done an hours walk whilst in a con call
Saw 3 ambulances parked on drives of bungalows in the area....
never seen any before
:(:(

a few reasons. economy being one of the major factors obviously (despite the fact we have the worst record and gdp drop of any developed nation).

the other is Boris and the Tories like to be seen as libertarians that do not want to involve themselves into peoples daily lives. Now of course that's all well and good in 'normal' times. During a global pandemic, you need to act like there's a global pandemic.

Ultimately, stringent restrictions early on, such as closing of borders for international air travel only (not freight goods and the like, we need food etc), and a proper testing and tracing system, we could be having 10,000 fans in packed stadiums and out for brunch.

Still, i look forward to us discussing how we have strong border controls as part of our brexit bonus, we just won't use them in times of dire need. Wonderful.

I can't understand why they didn't shut the borders months ago and do what everyone else is doing and make people show a negative test in the last 2 days. We have thousands of hotels sitting empty they could put people in for quarantine as well.

I can't understand why they didn't shut the borders months ago and do what everyone else is doing and make people show a negative test in the last 2 days. We have thousands of hotels sitting empty they could put people in for quarantine as well.
Because anyone sensible would just leave the COVID camp?

Only for comparisons sake, only Australian residents/citizens (+ family) are allowed in the country, and they have to spend 2-4 weeks in hotel quarantine, at a personal cost of $3000. It's been this way since last April. No doubt a big reason we've been able to control the virus for the most part.

International arrivals are also capped, which has caused a major backlog of Aussies trying to return home. Some nightmare stories out of it.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/information-overseas-travellers

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/hotel-quarantine.aspx

Oh mustn't forget the sheep. They've been a big help too. Edit: nearly forgot the perma-summer we had through winter in Melbourne.

Last edited:
so as mentioned have a large contingent of family on my wifes side in SA, worrying times at the moment, couple of members in hospital now and not looking positive.

Am interested to see what is said about this new strain, another SA family member just caught it and she's super cautious and was only outside with othes for a short time period. Am worried now this new strain that is far more transmissable, is more transmissable in the air. I mean, actually outdoors or airborne.

Back