• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford

To be fair to Sissoko, Chas n' Dave's songs are fudging terrible, so he might as well not know them. :p Now, burn me at the stake, haha.

@scaramanga since when did we allow closet Gooners on this board?

As if “Glory, glory Tottenham Hotspur”, “Ossie’s Dream”, “Hotshot Tottenham”, “Tottenham, Tottenham” and “When the Year Ends in One” are not some of musics finest moments and rank up there with anything Mozart, Lennon, Dylan have produced, those boys also wrote “Snooker Loopy” and “Rabbit”.

I’m speechless...

As if “Glory, glory Tottenham Hotspur”, “Ossie’s Dream”, “Hotshot Tottenham”, “Tottenham, Tottenham” and “When the Year Ends in One” are not some of musics finest moments and rank up there with anything Mozart, Lennon, Dylan have produced, those boys also wrote “Snooker Loopy” and “Rabbit”.

I’m speechless...

It's like bread. It's really fudging bland, but you're chucked full of it since you were little and at some point you just accept it as something you like. It's the same with Chas and Dave for me. If I'm in a pub after we've won, I can listen to it and sing along, but if we're all being honest - it's pretty brick, isn't it? :p

It's like bread. It's really fudging bland, but you're chucked full of it since you were little and at some point you just accept it as something you like. It's the same with Chas and Dave for me. If I'm in a pub after we've won, I can listen to it and sing along, but if we're all being honest - it's pretty brick, isn't it? :p

That certainly isn't what Simon & Garfunkel said when they first heard it.
"I wish I could've found a way to recreate the local folk sounds alongside such devasting harmonies" was what Paul Simon said at the time.

That certainly isn't what Simon & Garfunkel said when they first heard it.
"I wish I could've found a way to recreate the local folk sounds alongside such devasting harmonies" was what Paul Simon said at the time.

I respect that. I would bet a hundred quid that Paul Simon didn't say that about any of the Tottenham songs though. :p I haven't heard any Chas and Dave other than the Spurs stuff.

I'm just pulling your leg. We've had the Chas and Dave discussion on here before. I like their Tottenham songs, but not so much for their musicality. I've never heard any of their other stuff, but I'm sure they're very capable musicians. :)

Can't believe how happy I am to be in the "Carabao" (LEAGUE!) Cup Final. Fair play to Brentford,hope we're playing them next year.

I’m speechless...

They were talking about the song ‘Rabbit’ on big fat quiz of the year. They played the song’s chorus and Maya Jama looked mortified at the lyrics “you’ve got more rabbit than Sainsbury’s. You don’t stop talking” was really funny

Honestly, WALOB

Back