• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford

It was an early round cup game where all managers tend to rotate
I remember the game, Gazzaniga was the number 2 but was filling in so Vorm had been re signed post us releasing him as an emergency back up - it was a surprise to me to see him picked to face a prem team for a place in the FA cup quarter finals.

I think Brentford would hold their own in the lower mid half of the PL....I'd put them on par with Brighton who caused us a lot of problems recently so this is certainly no walkover.

In the last 11 occasions where a PL team has faced a lower league opponent in the League Cup SF since 2002 there has only been 1 'upset' which came in 2013 when Bradford (of 4th tier) beat Aston Villa.

2 of those 11 occasions were us - against Burnley (2009) and Sheffield United (2015) where we somewhat limped our way through on both occasions.

Anyone else feel being a single leg actually makes it a lot more exciting?

Actually feels like a big cup game, rather than "we'll prob beat them over 2-legs..."
Definitely, although it may favour them a little the first leg is always a bit meh as unless it’s an extreme scoreline it doesn’t resolve anything. Better for player fatigue too.

I'll meet you all in the Railway Tavern, a few neck oils, some sambucca's
Then off to Whistlestop by Platform 1 at Liverpool Street to nick some cans of G & T for the short train ride to Northumberland Park

Aw man wish we could do the above, would be buzzing tonight at the Lane !!!
Not the railway tavern by white hart lane station?

Ok - here's my ITK....

My mate's Dad bumped into Joe Hart at a petrol station on Saturday; he asked whether he'd be playing either cup game and Hart's response was that he wont play Tuesday (v Brentford) but will on Sunday (v Marine).

:cool:
Did Hart promptly drop the nozzle? Or fumble his wallet while getting it out of his pocket?

I think Brentford would hold their own in the lower mid half of the PL....I'd put them on par with Brighton who caused us a lot of problems recently so this is certainly no walkover.

In the last 11 occasions where a PL team has faced a lower league opponent in the League Cup SF since 2002 there has only been 1 'upset' which came in 2013 when Bradford (of 4th tier) beat Aston Villa.

2 of those 11 occasions were us - against Burnley (2009) and Sheffield United (2015) where we somewhat limped our way through on both occasions.
fudging hell. I was in amongst the hardcore Burnley fans right next to the away end, right at the front, having scalped some free tickets through Thwaites. Had to grin and pretend I was enjoying it as they went 3-0 up and we were jumped on by a bunch of hairy Lancastrians. Thankfully I was far too cold, wet, and generally downhearted to celebrate openly when Super Pav rescued the tie.

Supporting Spurs was never meant to be easy.

League Cup has always been our best chance to win a trophy every season. We have been fortunate with the League Cup draws this season. With us now against Brentford in the semi final, we have to make sure we make use of the chance to go all the way. But we cannot get complacent as Brentford are doing well in the Championship this season and might get promoted to the PL next season. Also, our previous League Cup semi finals against lower division teams have not been easy. Remember, we made it hard work against Burnley in 2009 and Sheffield United in 2015. So, we have to treat Brentford with respect and avoid getting complacent. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Brentford and progress to the League Cup final.

Eq_TtLBXcAEawsS

Everybody dance now!

Want to see us play our best available team against Brentford. Wish Lamela is available for this match after the way he helped us beat Chelsea in Round 4 earlier. Good performance is not really important in Cup matches as long as we win, Let's hope we will do enough to beat Brentford and progress to the final.

Back