• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

That would genuinely be funny seeing any govt attempt to put that level of control in place over the UK.

I sadly agree that such levels of compliance are beyond most people in the UK and US due to overall "me"ness, however it would've been nice if the gvmts had at least pretended to play along. Instead a pair of clams have dictated a strategy of nothing. Boris is spineless; jellyfish have stronger backbones...

"A country full of dirt and sheep"...pathetic comment. Really pathetic. A natural born contrarian and wind-up maestro can do better. This was cheap and grubby by your standards, a Fiat Uno when you usually achieve somewhere between a Mustang (v6 not v8) and a Jaguar xJS...
There are 3 times as many sheep in Australia as people.

Not sure what percentage of the country is dirt, but it's almost all of it.

That wasn't a statement of opinion, it was one of verifiable fact.

Last edited:
There are 3 times as many sheep in Australia as people.

Not sure what percentage of the country is dirt, but it's almost all of it.[/

There are less provocative ways of saying it. Your way of trying to win the ball here counts as "over the top" for me. It is an orange card, fact pushes it to yellow but knowing you also enjoy being rude about Australia just because edges it to a red. Just own the intent and move on.

If I describe my own homeland as a country full of chavs and fat clams, I think the description of Australia was quite polite.

Why do people think they haven’t closed our borders? Is it incompetence or is there a reason?

Glad the media and Khan are flagging it now. This is one thing we could easily have done which wouldn’t have put much pressure on the people. At least the responsible ones.

Why do people think they haven’t closed our borders? Is it incompetence or is there a reason?

Glad the media and Khan are flagging it now. This is one thing we could easily have done which wouldn’t have put much pressure on the people. At least the responsible ones.

it's not that they are not closed, but that there is seemingly zero checks going on, not even a cursory temp check

a few reasons. economy being one of the major factors obviously (despite the fact we have the worst record and gdp drop of any developed nation).

the other is Boris and the Tories like to be seen as libertarians that do not want to involve themselves into peoples daily lives. Now of course that's all well and good in 'normal' times. During a global pandemic, you need to act like there's a global pandemic.

Ultimately, stringent restrictions early on, such as closing of borders for international air travel only (not freight goods and the like, we need food etc), and a proper testing and tracing system, we could be having 10,000 fans in packed stadiums and out for brunch.

Still, i look forward to us discussing how we have strong border controls as part of our brexit bonus, we just won't use them in times of dire need. Wonderful.

a few reasons. economy being one of the major factors obviously (despite the fact we have the worst record and gdp drop of any developed nation).

the other is Boris and the Tories like to be seen as libertarians that do not want to involve themselves into peoples daily lives. Now of course that's all well and good in 'normal' times. During a global pandemic, you need to act like there's a global pandemic.

Ultimately, stringent restrictions early on, such as closing of borders for international air travel only (not freight goods and the like, we need food etc), and a proper testing and tracing system, we could be having 10,000 fans in packed stadiums and out for brunch.

Still, i look forward to us discussing how we have strong border controls as part of our brexit bonus, we just won't use them in times of dire need. Wonderful.
And their fudging idiots
Please don’t forget that

it's not that they are not closed, but that there is seemingly zero checks going on, not even a cursory temp check
They are doing checks. Passport checks and that’s about it
It’s shambolic and in comparison to countries that have actually proactively tackled Covid it’s like chalk and cheese or in our case freedom or control!!!

They are doing checks. Passport checks and that’s about it
It’s shambolic and in comparison to countries that have actually proactively tackled Covid it’s like chalk and cheese or in our case freedom or control!!!

Surprising if so, last time I managed to get across in November into Heathrow they had cameras scanning the the queue for temperature abnormalities and I was asked to produce the locator form (same as the previous three visits) - will freely admit however that I saw plenty of staff who we're not wearing face masks while walking in the terminal building.

Though this poxy location form is more an annoyance than anything useful.

Back