• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Also in this thread is the constant back and forth between some and the Aussies. Fair play to Australia they handled it well but you just can’t compare to the UK. It’s just a vastly different living situation.Population density alone kicks all comparison into touch. Enjoy your Summer Aussies.

You can’t compare many parts of the situation, but the fundamentals are the same: if you let people go about their lives as if things were normal, the virus will spread. Your government thought that closing pubs at 10pm would make a difference. Your government still hasn’t closed the borders. Etc etc.

Our countries might be very different, but 100% if we had Boris and his team running Australia, we’d be just as fudged as the UK are.

You can’t compare many parts of the situation, but the fundamentals are the same: if you let people go about their lives as if things were normal, the virus will spread. Your government thought that closing pubs at 10pm would make a difference. Your government still hasn’t closed the borders. Etc etc.

Our countries might be very different, but 400% if we had Boris and his team running Australia, we’d be just as fudged as the UK are.

Uk is a huge travel hub especially London. It was entrenched before we knew it was here. Aus had very few cases and was far easier to stamp out with a lockdown. Same for NZ.

Yes we made many a mistake and hindsight is a great thing but my point was the silly back and forwards and comparing Aus and Uk were needless because you can’t compare.

One thing I will add looks like we made a huge mess of our response. But it also looks like our numbers a far more transparent than some Country’s. Even Spain , France , Italy it’s been said they don’t release all figures. Spain were not diagnosing Covid deaths for a period early on. So it’s looks a far more transparent a brick show here.

I’m not making excuses for them they are a shambles . Will be interesting to look back in 5-10 years time and see if this was the correct approach.

Last edited:
I’m not making excuses for them they are a shambles . Will be interesting to look back in 5-10 years time and see if this was the correct approach.

I think it takes 5 - 10 seconds to work out that our response is a brickshow.

Uk is a huge travel hub especially London. It was entrenched before we knew it was here. Aus had very few cases and was far easier to stamp out with a lockdown. Same for NZ.

Partly true, but we when the UK was averaging 700~ cases back in July, the decision was to go about life as normal. Don't close the borders. Let it spread. If your government had shown some leadership back then, you wouldn't be in endless lockdown with hundreds of deaths per day.

I totally understand the reluctance to compare our countries, but don't use it as an excuse to let your government off. They've failed you all massively.

Partly true, but we when the UK was averaging 700~ cases back in July, the decision was to go about life as normal. Don't close the borders. Let it spread. If your government had shown some leadership back then, you wouldn't be in endless lockdown with hundreds of deaths per day.

I totally understand the reluctance to compare our countries, but don't use it as an excuse to let your government off. They've failed you all massively.
Plenty of countries did do that and are still locking down now anyway.

Lockdown wasn't the decisive factor in the difference. A well timed summer and a country full if dirt and sheep was.

Lockdown wasn't the decisive factor in the difference. A well timed summer and a country full if dirt and sheep was.

All those documentaries I’ve watched on Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong and China were obviously not factual in their depiction of these places as having large urban areas.

Perhaps the UK government had a hand in making them. As we all know for sure - after last night’s admission by the PM that he had been lying about covid in schools - we need to depend on organisations like teaching unions to hold them to the truth.

I...will.continue to see friends and family until this is over.

You’ve been wrong in your analysis of every aspect of this since last March (according to the views of almost all scientists, most governments, and all rational people). No point breaking your record now. You just plough on - keep helping to trash the economy by making sure that we’re all in lockdown for as long as possible.

All those documentaries I’ve watched on Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong and China were obviously not factual in their depiction of these places as having large urban areas.

Perhaps the UK government had a hand in making them. As we all know for sure - after last night’s admission by the PM that he had been lying about covid in schools - we need to depend on organisations like teaching unions to hold them to the truth.
That would genuinely be funny seeing any govt attempt to put that level of control in place over the UK.

You’ve been wrong in your analysis of every aspect of this since last March (according to the views of almost all scientists, most governments, and all rational people). No point breaking your record now. You just plough on - keep helping to trash the economy by making sure that we’re all in lockdown for as long as possible.
Just because the govt hasn't had the nerve to continue on the correct track, it doesn't mean that track was wrong.

Also in this thread is the constant back and forth between some and the Aussies. Fair play to Australia they handled it well but you just can’t compare to the UK. It’s just a vastly different living situation.Population density alone kicks all comparison into touch. Enjoy your Summer Aussies.

I agree it's not a straight 1:1 relationship with Australia or indeed any other nation (though worth pointing out South Korea population density similar to UK and obviously far better handled).

but that's my overall point, it's the management of the pandemic in the UK has been AWFUL. The Aussie's have taken specific steps to manage the impact of coronavirus. For a government that shouts from the mountains on "control the borders, control immigration", pretty startling for them to do neither during a global pandemic. On Sky News last night it was mentioned 18m people have arrived on flights into the UK during the pandemic, where's the track and trace, where's the quarentine?

Absolute clusterfudge management has led us to yet another stringent lockdown, which again trashes the economy, and again the kids can't go to school. It could have been avoided, it could have been managed.

Plenty of countries did do that and are still locking down now anyway.

"A country full of dirt and sheep"...pathetic comment. Really pathetic. A natural born contrarian and wind-up maestro can do better. This was cheap and grubby by your standards, a Fiat Uno when you usually achieve somewhere between a Mustang (v6 not v8) and a Jaguar xJS...

Back