• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

New team, new system, new manager. It’s took serge 3 season to looks good enough and that with his babysitter ;);)
But he was also getting used to the Premier League. I think Switching from wing back to full back is a massive change. But he has looked average at best when he has played. Was hoping for more but thankfully Serge has stepped his game up with the pressure for his place and Jose telling him he gives away brick penalty ;)

Why the hell does it change P E N A L T Y to pelanty

How different can Wing back v full back roles be? I think its more a change in philosophy that got to him, or the year end festivities for the red.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
It's totally different. Besides being more attacking the partnership with the CBs and players ahead of you are different.
Gary Neville has said it loads of times how different they are and that he couldn't play wing-back near as well as full-back.

Why the hell does it change P E N A L T Y to pelanty

I presume it is because that's how Chris Waddle pronounces it.

I did notice Doherty in the opposition six-yard box on one breakaway against Leeds but the ball did not reach him. I presume that's the sort of thing he was known for at Wolves.

Yet when we smashed 5 past them... no one was interested

KWP is at his right level now, what we need is another top tier FB, the couple of games where both Aurier/Reguilon played well together showed what we missed since Rose/Walker at their prime. KWP will never be that level.

he was fine
We kept a clean sheet
The second yellow came form him trying to clear up a reverse flick from Moura.... the kind that got Dele in trouble
So if anyone deserves the public humiliation then it has to be the instigator
Regardless of what lead to the situation he made the tackle, in the final minutes, at 3-0 up, not in a dangerous situation, on a yellow. Moura didn't do well, but that doesn't excuse Doherty.

He played a very attacking role at wolves and would suit the only we played last season for example
We don’t play like that now
Agreed. Two nominal full back roles or two nominal wing back roles can be very different from each other. His role here is clearly rather different compared to his role at Wolves. And perhaps doesn't play to his strengths as much.
It's totally different. Besides being more attacking the partnership with the CBs and players ahead of you are different.
Gary Neville has said it loads of times how different they are and that he couldn't play wing-back near as well as full-back.
Agreed. Quite different both when attacking and defending. A defensively solid wing back should be able to transition into a defensively solid full back, but it's fair to expect it to take some time.

I think he's done alright personally, but luckily for us Aurier has done better.

Agreed. Two nominal full back roles or two nominal wing back roles can be very different from each other. His role here is clearly rather different compared to his role at Wolves. And perhaps doesn't play to his strengths as much.Agreed. Quite different both when attacking and defending. A defensively solid wing back should be able to transition into a defensively solid full back, but it's fair to expect it to take some time.

I think he's done alright personally, but luckily for us Aurier has done better.
Aurier has done better in the games where we played much deeper
It’s interesting in the games Doherty has played have been the ones where we haven’t sat deep, and have pressed more

Aurier has done better in the games where we played much deeper
It’s interesting in the games Doherty has played have been the ones where we haven’t sat deep, and have pressed more
Hm. Interesting. I thought it was more that Aurier has been preferred for bigger and more difficult games thus we've sat back more in those games.

Hm. Interesting. I thought it was more that Aurier has been preferred for bigger and more difficult games thus we've sat back more in those games.

Hey it could easily be that
But it’s fair to say in the games Aurier has played in and generally been outstanding have been the ones where sat in.
The games where he was asked to attack happens to be the own where he has a mare (Leicester)
United away being the outlier in a brilliant attacking display but a very odd game too[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Hey it could easily be that
But it’s fair to say in the games Aurier has played in and generally been outstanding have been the ones where sat in.
The games where he was asked to attack happens to be the own where he has a mare (Leicester)
United away being the outlier in a brilliant attacking display but a very odd game too
[/QUOTE]I thought part of the criticism of the Leicester performance (for the team and manager) was that we sat back too much?

As a team we've been sitting deeper, including Aurier. He's been overall very good. He was also very good towards the end of last season when playing the very attacking role.

I think it's just a result of the games he's played in.

Back