• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I'd forgotten Rose was still here, I think someone would take him on loan which would at least save some wages.

Believable. Not sure that there will be many takers offering terms which we want for any of them though

Top clubs sell players before they reach their sell by dates, or to facilitate an upgrade. No matter how much I enjoyed the Poch years, what we had proved unsustainable...or at least, the big man wasn't able to refresh the team's parts as they broke down.

We need to get to that next level and this season is one hell of an opportunity. While I've not been impressed with the last few performances, it's not too late to turn things around.

I'd consider Matt Ryan an upgrade on Hart but I guess it's happening too soon. Unless Levy can do a deal now which isn't actioned until summer.

We need to get to that next level and this season is one hell of an opportunity. While I've not been impressed with the last few performances, it's not too late to turn things around.

Bit of a digression, but the top 8 or so is looking highly competitive so not sure its a 'hell of' an opportunity. In terms of contribution to that from transfers, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised but I'm not sure I see us doing much business in Jan, and even if we do its a tough ask for the incoming player to make a huge contribution this season

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this but...

If we could bring back Eriksen and Modric with Costa that would be 3 players that could hit the ground running and would fill some of the gaps in our midfield and front line with very little up front outlay, although the wages might be quite high

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this but...

If we could bring back Eriksen and Modric with Costa that would be 3 players that could hit the ground running and would fill some of the gaps in our midfield and front line with very little up front outlay, although the wages might be quite high
3 overseas players would have to go.... Lamela is an obvious one but who else? Also I don’t think Costa is any better than Vinicius these days (and probably not as good).

Costa is well past it these days ffs don't any of you pay attention things? I mean i barely take an interest outside of England but know he's knackered

Costa is well past it these days ffs don't any of you pay attention things? I mean i barely take an interest outside of England but know he's knackered

Calm down, it’s only a football forum[emoji2371]

And no, I barely take a football interest outside of Spurs so it seemed a good idea to be able to get in 3 players with not only EPL experience but also experience in playing for JM.

And do we need Costa to be as good as he was or would him just being the clam that he was be good enough?

Calm down, it’s only a football forum[emoji2371]

And no, I barely take a football interest outside of Spurs so it seemed a good idea to be able to get in 3 players with not only EPL experience but also experience in playing for JM.

And do we need Costa to be as good as he was or would him just being the clam that he was be good enough?

If we're not playing Vinicius i don't see why we'd plsy Costa who is one stop from the breakers yard

3 overseas players would have to go.... Lamela is an obvious one but who else? Also I don’t think Costa is any better than Vinicius these days (and probably not as good).
I don't want to bring Eriksen back or bring Costa in. Modric could do be a decent option (but o don't think he's coming back either way).

But for players who could go, Gedson, Sissoko and Gazza who seemingly is behind Hart for some reason.

Of course we would have to find a prospective buyer which doesn't seem that likely.

Back