• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs - Fulham

Does it matter?

Footballs in an extremely privileged situation to even continue when the sport flies in the face of what is currently safe by its own nature. The correct decision was made in my opinion because on BBC1 we are announcing 1000 deaths, the fact Fulham Spurs was called off last minute which has no real knock on effect is not the most important thing here.

You could apply this to anything in the news today including Brexit deals and school term being delayed.

re our postponement - I'm sure that the right decision was made for the right reasons. Though the lack of public transparency is frustrating.

Calling off the Spurs match in isolation makes no difference though does it? If the PL announced they were stopping matches altogether then fair enough but calling off a match that would have been played between players who have been tested not to have COVID doesn’t change anything, especially when the league is determined to continue as normal....

Its not isolation and its looking like a trend that is likely to increase

We are lucky to even have a game in light of what's going on.

You could apply this to anything in the news today including Brexit deals and school term being delayed.

re our postponement - I'm sure that the right decision was made for the right reasons. Though the lack of public transparency is frustrating.

Hardly compare football to those two

100% right decision based on health

It’s a shame the decision wasn’t made sooner, we could have started prep on Leeds earlier and negated the days advantage they had.

Does it matter?

Footballs in an extremely privileged situation to even continue when the sport flies in the face of what is currently safe by its own nature. The correct decision was made in my opinion because on BBC1 we are announcing 1000 deaths, the fact Fulham Spurs was called off last minute which has no real knock on effect is not the most important thing here.

I don't deny it's priviledged but you either postpone all football or you stick to the protocol (or potentially re-write it). The players are tested twice a week and if thats not enough then you either increase that or you put the season on hold till things improve. What it seems happened here was all of this was bypassed with no decision made until very late on. It was rumoured to be off from yesterday so I don't know why the decision couldn't of been taken then if it was deemed to be to much of a risk.

I don't deny it's priviledged but you either postpone all football or you stick to the protocol (or potentially re-write it). The players are tested twice a week and if thats not enough then you either increase that or you put the season on hold till things improve. What it seems happened here was all of this was bypassed with no decision made until very late on. It was rumoured to be off from yesterday so I don't know why the decision couldn't of been taken then if it was deemed to be to much of a risk.

You think they just decided to treat this game differently for the sake of it or this situation threw up a new scenario to be considered?

Given that our so-called politicians can't come up with a coherent and consistent COVID policy, whom is surprised that those whom run the Premier League also can't? While I would have loved to watch us take an early lead, then sit back and soak up pressure until someone makes a mistake in the 93rd minute from a set piece and we lose another two points and then hear Jose say it wasn't his fault, I'm glad they called it off.

They're WC qualifiers aren't they so hardly pointless unless you're @scaramanga. However, I agree with your point - they should be looking at alternatives rather than dragging players across the continent in the middle of a pandemic when the fixture list is already crammed.

move them all to the 3 breaks in the new season.

they will be filled with nation league/friendlies as well

You think they just decided to treat this game differently for the sake of it or this situation threw up a new scenario to be considered?

If it's a new situaition then they should postpone the whole league until they can agree on how to handle things particularly given they also cancelled another game at short notice a few days back which I'm guessing was the same if not a very similar situation.

If it's a new situaition then they should postpone the whole league until they can agree on how to handle things particularly given they also cancelled another game at short notice a few days back which I'm guessing was the same if not a very similar situation.

I agree with this.

We had a set of rule in place, they are not following them - postpone till you come up with rules to follow

I think that is probably a little optimistic. We might have got a headstart from starting vaccinating in early December but we don't have a good record of delivering big programmes and I think that better run countries could overtake us quite quickly.
It’s not just having the vaccine stocks but having qualified people to carry out the vaccination. Staffing is a real problem at the moment due to the normal winter bugs, and number of covid cases. I suspect the pinch point will be the number of vaccinators available come January. We are struggling to recruit enough people to do test and trace and man the testing sites and they are relatively unskilled, let alone vaccinate. I hope I am wrong btw.

It’s not just having the vaccine stocks but having qualified people to carry out the vaccination. Staffing is a real problem at the moment due to the normal winter bugs, and number of covid cases. I suspect the pinch point will be the number of vaccinators available come January. We are struggling to recruit enough people to do test and trace and man the testing sites let alone vaccinate. I hope I am wrong btw.

I completely agree

It’s not just having the vaccine stocks but having qualified people to carry out the vaccination. Staffing is a real problem at the moment due to the normal winter bugs, and number of covid cases. I suspect the pinch point will be the number of vaccinators available come January. We are struggling to recruit enough people to do test and trace and man the testing sites and they are relatively unskilled, let alone vaccinate. I hope I am wrong btw.

your 100% right mmh wife’s team have lost a lot of nurses who normally give out depos injections for mental health patients to the vaccine roll out
These nurses aren’t giving out the jab either. Their supervising others
my wife’s team have to bring in locums to cover

Back