• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs - Fulham

Isn’t the reason Elite football is allowed to carry on is because it is a controlled environment? How are they getting the virus? Surely they should go to training and go home not hard is it.

Clubs not having control over their players

Just training then go home for a whole season and that’s not hard? They aren’t robots, they have to venture out sometimes. You can catch it even if adhering to social distancing rules, there’s nothing full proof about it - just more testing hoping to contain it....

They earn a kings ransom - we all had to do the above during various lock downs

Isn’t the reason Elite football is allowed to carry on is because it is a controlled environment? How are they getting the virus? Surely they should go to training and go home not hard is it.
Wow! Contender for stupidest post of the year right there! You still have to do your shopping, hair cut, dentist etc. They have kids in kindergarten or school, their partner might be going to work etc. There are a thousand ways to get it. They are humans, you know.

Wow! Contender for stupidest post of the year right there! You still have to do your shopping, hair cut, dentist etc. They have kids in kindergarten or school, their partner might be going to work etc. There are a thousand ways to get it. They are humans, you know.

No, they shouldn't be doing any of that - like i said they get paid very good money and are in a privileged position, so should be living life extra careful. Of course kids going to school is a different situation and can't be avoided but certainly things within their control to avoid doing should be mandatory

No, they shouldn't be doing any of that - like i said they get paid very good money and are in a privileged position, so should be living life extra careful. Of course kids going to school is a different situation and can't be avoided but certainly things within their control to avoid doing should be mandatory

Exactly. The clubs are handling all of this for the players. They shouldn't be doing anything other than going to training and going back home.

I'm not paid enough that i can afford to pay an army of staff to do those things for me.

Bloody hell
It’s nothing to do with money, it’s about mental well-being. You can be paid as much as you want, you will go insane if you can’t leave your own house at all.They’re as entitled to go to the shops etc as anyone else for their own sanity, the fact they could pay for people to run their errands doesn’t change that....

It’s nothing to do with money, it’s about mental well-being. You can be paid as much as you want, you will go insane if you can’t leave your own house at all.They’re as entitled to go to the shops etc as anyone else for their own sanity, the fact they could pay for people to run their errands doesn’t change that....

Don't be soft, they have a responsibility to themselves, their team mates and opposition players etc to ensure they have as reduced risk as possible of contracting the virus. Considering the nature of their 'job' and the inability to practice safe distancing it is even more vital that they take extra responsibility in their day to day lives. It's basic risk management.

Because it's stupid! If many players test positive, there's a high probability that others have it too, but not picked up by the tests, especially with the new virus strain, that spreads far easier. This in turn puts opposition players and staff at risk if games still take place.

Stupid or not, (If 14 players is the magic number )they are the rules and as far as I am aware they haven’t changed.

this is all tighter because of 3 meaningless international breaks before Xmas.

the euro qualifiers could have been moved to March.

Back