• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You seem to be happy with this sorry excuse for a system.

I am happy with the idea, not the execution obviously.

Don't make mistakes, punish the opposition when they do, keep clean sheets, win the game with as little effort expended as possible.

I am completely happy with that system, it's what I'd do were I in charge.

This, gives me some hope. But he's probably just getting ready to chuck em all under the bus.

Ultimately he has to take the blame. But puts to bed the ridiculous notion some think that he just wanted us to defend for 89 minutes once going ahead.
I have the feeling it will be a couple more transfer windows before he has the right players and the team playing exactly the way he wants....

I am happy with the idea, not the execution obviously.

Don't make mistakes, punish the opposition when they do, keep clean sheets, win the game with as little effort expended as possible.

I am completely happy with that system, it's what I'd do were I in charge.
Ok, fine, I’ll leave you to that belief. I’m certain it can, must and will fail in modern football.

Ultimately he has to take the blame. But puts to bed the ridiculous notion some think that he just wanted us to defend for 89 minutes once going ahead.
I have the feeling it will be a couple more transfer windows before he has the right players and the team playing exactly the way he wants....

But if he doesn’t want us playing like this, yet it’s happening consistently, then either it’s at his choosing...or his tactical instruction/motivational efforts are lacking. Something isn’t quite right. If it was a one off match, fair enough, but it isn’t.

Why not list the whole team? I have no idea how most of those already listed are in contention. Doherty? Davies? Does someone have an ironic sense of humour?

Doherty was poor this evening as a wing-back. I dont recall any serious threat he posed to them going forwards

Some of the players may not be of the required level but i don't think that gets the manager off the hook for how the team is playing - why, if it's a question of following instruction, are new players going to be more likely to be able to follow them? Are we really saying our players cannot follow simple tactical instructions from the manager? Why is it the players that are the problem and not the manager getting his ideas across?

Some of the players may not be of the required level but i don't think that gets the manager off the hook for how the team is playing - why, if it's a question of following instruction, are new players going to be more likely to be able to follow them? Are we really saying our players cannot follow simple tactical instructions from the manager? Why is it the players that are the problem and not the manager getting his ideas across?

Sadly, I think there is some of that.

I think there was plenty of similar discussion during the previous managers time too.

Worst thing was you knew a. We’d sit on that goal all game until they scored and b. In the last 25 we were becoming too defensive. Play as we did after wolves equalised - committing midfielders forward so we’re not so outnumbered when attacking, and we’d have shown our quality. Toe to toe we are the better side.

Mourinho hasn’t got the balance right. Some knew that as far back as the arsenal game.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

thats right..I called it!

Back