• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's hard work to defend relentlessly for 90 minutes tbf

Agreed but its happening time and time again, other teams manage to close out games. The midfield also needs to help, games can be stifled at the same time as sitting back - don't give them encouragement, keep possession in midfield etc.

The point stands. They are comfortable CL level players. Nowhere near Europa league. To blame the squad quality after that tactical abortion we just witnessed is a total cop out.

Outside of Hugo/reg/Kane/Son/Hojberg could you say is a standout top level CL level player?

Potentially Ndombele.

We've seen it so often now that it's hard to believe it's not the tactics - where are the early subs to correct this if the players aren't working to his tactics?

and if it's not how he wants us to play i think that might be even more worrying regarding his abilities as a manager and conveying his ideas.
What would you have changed, shape / personnel wise that would have set you above Jose today?

We are the worst team to watch in the league.
Harry Kane looked dreadful..Harry and Son won’t hang around to play in a crap team.

Happy to hear you expand on that,mate.

Is it the coaches fault the players are implementing a suicidally negative approach? Or is it not? You said it wasn't his fault. Now you're saying it's because the players are highly trained? What are you trying to say?

Outside of Hugo/reg/Kane/Son/Hojberg could you say is a standout top level CL level player?

Potentially Ndombele.

Our squad is similar to man U and cheatski, and better than Southampton, Leicester, Everton's etc. You can make similar comments about their squads

We defended that game for 90 minutes, looks like control to me, if not you.
Unfortunately the game wasn't 90 minutes, it was 96 minutes and not we didn't defend for the full match. They scored the same number of goals and had far more actual chances than we did.

Control my arse.

I see people saying they don’t mind this style against City, Liv etc but want us to be more adventurous against Palace, Leic, Wolves etc.

The irony is we’ve reduced our attacking personnel in the Leic and Wolves games from the line ups vs Liv, City, Arsenal.

Son GLC/Ndom Berg

Kane

Why has Jose come away from this? It was working fine. We could still defend in numbers but with the personnel to hurt on the break.

The difference is we didn't sit down and lie on our bellies after scoring the first goal.

it was the same, after the first goal in each it was just Son and Kane against 9 defenders, which isn't half as many as you need to stop them when they actually try

Potentially Ndombele.

Dier, Alderweireld, Aurier, Sissoko, Lamela, Bergwijn, Alli, Bale. All very experienced Champions League level campaigners.

Edit: Lo Celso more than capable too.

Our squad is similar to man U and cheatski, and better than Southampton, Leicester, Everton's etc. You can make similar comments about their squads

Leicester won the league on counter attacking football.

Each of those are as inconsistent as well.

Chelsea have a better squad that us

Put Bruno in our team and we would be at a different level.

We really don’t have great attacking options out side Kane and Son, our squad on the whole is Europa league level

Moura/SB/Lamela/Lo Celso/Bale are all meh, with 2 of them unable to get fit enough to play more than a handful of games.
This I agree with, our attackers and midfielders are rather meh but it isn't helped by the overly defensive tactics and questioned selection choices made. Ndombele should play in CM as neither Winks nor Sissoko up to the required level. Once that happens we can work out what other problems the squad has.

Is it the coaches fault the players are implementing a suicidally negative approach? Or is it not? You said it wasn't his fault. Now you're saying it's because the players are highly trained? What are you trying to say?
I'm suggesting that it might be the players not carrying out the coach's tactics. Hes not often played the same 11 consecutively whi h, apart from injuries, might suggest hes looking for the team that fits his plan.
I'm not suggesting Jose is faultless, but Im not jumping into into the trap set by all you post-defeat knee jerkers that a defeat is one man's fault.

Back