• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sk...ticise-him-for-manchester-united-performances

There are other interviews as well, I'll try find them

This one with Eto'o always springs to mind as well. Who was arguably the best goal scorer in the world at the time.

He left me on the bench for a month and made me warm up in injury time,” the former striker said, discussing Mourinho’s man-management skills at the Aspire Academy Global Summit on Football Performance and Science in Qatar.

“In his head, he was pricking me to make me his own. I talked to him in his office. It was what he wanted from me, to recover my best level. And I did. We won everything. We had a team of eleven warriors, we won differently."

As an aside, if people think this is abuse from a manager then I highly doubt they've played competitive sport at enemy decent level

Does say anywhere he played his best football under him, says it was a tough time and maybe Jose was right, thats a huge differnce.

End of the day its horses for courses, people say he is a great man manager, but its also great man management to realise maybe Alli is not one that enjoys bein shouted at and is one that needs the arm round him, the fact he has done the shouty mean boss act starting from his first training session saying....I have heard you are lazy might mean he needs a change of tact..

I could scour google and find loads of people that say negative things about Jose, all managers have their fans and those that dont like them, in fairness to Jose its not point dragging them in anymore, the point is he might, might just be doing the wrong thing with Alli but because he has won things at Chelsea people cant concede that which is odd considering for me Alli has alot more credit in the bank as a 24 year old at Spurs than Jose does.

Does say anywhere he played his best football under him, says it was a tough time and maybe Jose was right, thats a huge differnce.

End of the day its horses for courses, people say he is a great man manager, but its also great man management to realise maybe Alli is not one that enjoys bein shouted at and is one that needs the arm round him, the fact he has done the shouty mean boss act starting from his first training session saying....I have heard you are lazy might mean he needs a change of tact..

I could scour google and find loads of people that say negative things about Jose, all managers have their fans and those that dont like them, in fairness to Jose its not point dragging them in anymore, the point is he might, might just be doing the wrong thing with Alli but because he has won things at Chelsea people cant concede that which is odd considering for me Alli has alot more credit in the bank as a 24 year old at Spurs than Jose does.

How do you know he hasn't done that with Alli. The player has gone from the main man to being a bench player. How do we not know that Jose isn't resorting to having a firmer line with him cause the arm round the shoulder didn't work.

I don't know either way, but what I do know is that for me Alli hasn't been playing at the level he is capable off for a while, before the current manager came. Even the period he was playing 'out of position' he was still playing poorly in terms of his ceiling.

Google with give you just as many players who said Jose is the greatest manager they've ever worked under.

How do you know he hasn't done that with Alli. The player has gone from the main man to being a bench player. How do we not know that Jose isn't resorting to having a firmer line with him cause the arm round the shoulder didn't work.

I don't know either way, but what I do know is that for me Alli hasn't been playing at the level he is capable off for a while, before the current manager came. Even the period he was playing 'out of position' he was still playing poorly in terms of his ceiling.

Google with give you just as many players who said Jose is the greatest manager they've ever worked under.

This will go in circles, fact is as Jose has done more of his Alli flogging in public there is more focus on it, he pulls Alli out more than anyone.

Poch got sacked because his last year was terrible, everyone was terrible bar Kane, under Jose last season he was better than most so he isnt on such a separate curve than anyone at the club because this year he has not had any pitch time.

Jose is the manager up to him, not seen anything on the pitch regardless of Alli to suggest we are going to win things but if we do he will be vidicated

This will go in circles, fact is as Jose has done more of his Alli flogging in public there is more focus on it, he pulls Alli out more than anyone.

Poch got sacked because his last year was terrible, everyone was terrible bar Kane, under Jose last season he was better than most so he isnt on such a separate curve than anyone at the club because this year he has not had any pitch time.

Jose is the manager up to him, not seen anything on the pitch regardless of Alli to suggest we are going to win things but if we do he will be vidicated
Was he really better or did he just score some goals in the early games of Mourinho's reign? Because I don't recall thinking his form was any better than it had been under latter day Poch after that initial new manager bounce and I'm sure we all had those conversations on this board regarding that drop back to mediocrity for Dele....

Was he really better or did he just score some goals in the early games of Mourinho's reign? Because I don't recall thinking his form was any better than it had been under latter day Poch after that initial new manager bounce and I'm sure we all had those conversations on this board regarding that drop back to mediocrity for Dele....

He was praised by many, it was part of the Dele and Dele brother time which suggested Dele was showing up rather than so called alternative Dele.

Like I said we can go in circles, the lad is 24, he has been a great player for Spurs, he has provided me with more great moments than bad, in excessive amounts TBF, so he naturally gets my support as anyone who wears the badge should.

He was praised by many, it was part of the Dele and Dele brother time which suggested Dele was showing up rather than so called alternative Dele.

Like I said we can go in circles, the lad is 24, he has been a great player for Spurs, he has provided me with more great moments than bad, in excessive amounts TBF, so he naturally gets my support as anyone who wears the badge should.
Initially yes. But by the latter half of that season he was getting subbed and we were all talking about how his performances had tailed off again after a bright start under Jose.

I've got nothing against him I just I remember very well the discussions that were being had about his performances. Last season under Jose was not a resounding success for Dele, he finished it in much the way he has started this one form wise (injury not included).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sk...ticise-him-for-manchester-united-performances

This one with Eto'o always springs to mind as well. Who was arguably the best goal scorer in the world at the time.

He left me on the bench for a month and made me warm up in injury time,” the former striker said, discussing Mourinho’s man-management skills at the Aspire Academy Global Summit on Football Performance and Science in Qatar.

“In his head, he was pricking me to make me his own. I talked to him in his office. It was what he wanted from me, to recover my best level. And I did. We won everything. We had a team of eleven warriors, we won differently."

As an aside, if people think this is abuse from a manager then I highly doubt they've played competitive sport at any decent level.
FWIW here’s the full answer from Shaw about Mourinho questioning his dietary habits...

And here’s unabridged version of that presser, at 13m12s Shaw answers how Mourinho always believed in him...

Initially yes. But by the latter half of that season he was getting subbed and we were all talking about how his performances had tailed off again after a bright start under Jose.

I've got nothing against him I just I remember very well the discussions that were being had about his performances. Last season under Jose was not a resounding success for Dele, he finished it in much the way he has started this one form wise (injury not included).

Indeed and the team's performance improved ...

This is pure speculation. Do you have access to the meetings between Alli and Mourinho? How do you know the public discussion is more?

The question one should ask is if Jose's comments are correct. To my opinion, they are. Dele was asked to play the Ndombele / Lo Celso role versus Stoke. Did he really do that role such justice that he should bench either of those two if fit?

If anyone is the person Alli listens to, that person should advise him to step up to the challenge. Dele as he is cannot get into the starting lineup of club and country. If that person advises him to continue in the way he is currently going, that person will destroy Dele's future.

Also I don't think that Dele is worse than Balotelli wrt professionalism and stubbornness. Yet Balotelli played a key number of games under Jose. It can't be professionalism. It is most likely playing to instructions. But then you had Zanetti, Materazzi and co ready to deal with anyone who would cause trouble at Inter.

He does but then you have to ask how he can fight when unlike others he does not get the time to build up a head of steam? Everton he was hooked at half time despite being one of our better players, in the EL game escapes me we played horrendous as a collective and he hooked him half time, Son and Kane came on and we were worse. Bar that he gets 5 or 10 minutes here and there, like I said, Alli far from perfect but Kane and Son atone for misses and sometimes being selfish because they get the minutes which means their chances of getting a goal increase.

I think what is ignored largely in this is the style we play more than just Alli, Jose wants robots and a pretty rigid system devoid of flair, it has to be pragmatic and makes for attrition football, I think bar Man United when they went to 10 men and Southampton we have seen that against the West Broms, Brightons, Plodiv and Antwerps of the world.

The think that the Alli saga does not cover is serving up utter tripe at home to Leics, thats on Jose. Ironically if you was to go at Jose for serving up crap like Leics I am sure he would be offended, didnt he actually say we were the better side?

You'll have to take my word for it (or not!)...Dele is one of my favourite players, but he is not helping his own cause. To arrive at this conclusion has been tough.

FWIW, Kane and Son operate with a different set of standards; that is why they are where they are and are who they are. If Poch seals PSG then I believe he can save Dele...

As an aside, if people think this is abuse from a manager then I highly doubt they've played competitive sport at any decent level.
Good find on Eto’o. Whilst I have said I feel the public treatment seems excessive and inconsistent, I cling to a hope that it’s because Jose does seem a world class player who needs to change either his desire or approach to fulfil that potential or provide what the team needs.
I am concerned about @thfcsteff discovery that there may be some off the pitch stuff, as @Grays_1890 said Dele has a lot in the bank for what he has given us and I’d really hate to see him hit a continued downward trajectory and end up as a cautionary tale of how fragile the game and association lifestyle and temptations can be.

Good find on Eto’o. Whilst I have said I feel the public treatment seems excessive and inconsistent, I cling to a hope that it’s because Jose does seem a world class player who needs to change either his desire or approach to fulfil that potential or provide what the team needs.
I am concerned about @thfcsteff discovery that there may be some off the pitch stuff, as @Grays_1890 said Dele has a lot in the bank for what he has given us and I’d really hate to see him hit a continued downward trajectory and end up as a cautionary tale of how fragile the game and association lifestyle and temptations can be.

He doubtless is the one who misses Poch the most it would seem.

You'll have to take my word for it (or not!)...Dele is one of my favourite players, but he is not helping his own cause. To arrive at this conclusion has been tough.

FWIW, Kane and Son operate with a different set of standards; that is why they are where they are and are who they are. If Poch seals PSG then I believe he can save Dele...
Can you reveal whether his issue is football related or not? I.e. is he not delivering what Jose is asking for in terms of training, performance or behaviour or is it something off the pitch that would be an issue for any potential suitor too?

I still miss him!!!

Have warmed to Mourinho as he means it, but cannot lie, am relieved Poch did not end up in the same division as us...
Me too, PSG would be the perfect move for him, maybe breathe some life back into Erisken and Dele as all three of them should be punching down in that league. Really want to see what his transfer dealings are like elsewhere as when I look at this squad Sanchez, Aurier, Moura and Sissoko all stand out as easy upgrades for the 100m they cost for me. I’ll always caveat our dealings with the fact we don’t know what they were asked for and how wage constraints and brinkmanship thinned the options.
Mourinho is at a mini crossroads I feel, when we win a game on fine margins the approach is justified, when we lose one there seems to be an outpouring of negativity. It’s going to be a big week for us!

I think those who feel sorry for Dele are missing a point, from what i know from the spurs fans i know none of them want Dele to leave ( as he is a special player). BUT if he in not able or willing to fit into what the manager wants or needs from him then the problem is Dele not the manager.

It really is in Dele hands to show Jose that he can become a team player and fit into the system and play ( like the other players have) to that system. I know a lot/few of the fans did not/do not like Jose and that is fair enough however he is our manager at this time and if he wants players to conform to how he wants players to
play then he has the right to object when they fail to do that.

I'm so bored of Jose's tactics now.
We make other teams better than they are and give them confidence by letting them have so much of the ball

Back