• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

Related to this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54833130

Just read a book on Silk Road, good read actually hearing how it all started and the investigation into him.

No idea how bitcoin wallet can be seized though, I thought it was all anonymous or have they seized the wallet but not identified the owner.

It has a certain amount of privacy but it not totally anonymous as there are txid’s and the blockchain is one big ledger. The likes of ciphertrace can get right into the detail. Also, it can be seized if the bitcoin was held on a centralised exchange.

I have money invested in XRP, XLM, ETC and Bitcoin. Things are looking very good!!

My diversification into alts is minimal these days. You can get some nice pumps on them but it’s so hard to recover from when they take a brick. A lot of alts have lost 80% of their value wrt to BTC which needs a 400% increase to recover.

BTC... printing new all time highs...

Mate I'm not going to be a regular poster on this site anymore for a whole multitude of reasons but as a fellow crypto enthusiast how chuffed are you that we were right all along.

Made 60 grand this year dont really need the money so am staying in.

What do you think of polkadot? I was booked into go to a seminar with a friend in London in January where these guys were doing a presentation, will now be online instead. Really like them as a company. Registered interest with coinbase for the IPO same as footstock which is so much better then football index.

Also in the crypto universe I also like and have been spending time on sorare, which is the coolest company out there at the moment if you like both football and crypto.

Next 12 month will keep my positions maybe open up a few more but also looking more into e fantasy football which has such big growth potential.

Mate I'm not going to be a regular poster on this site anymore for a whole multitude of reasons but as a fellow crypto enthusiast how chuffed are you that we were right all along.

Made 60 grand this year dont really need the money so am staying in.

What do you think of polkadot? I was booked into go to a seminar with a friend in London in January where these guys were doing a presentation, will now be online instead. Really like them as a company. Registered interest with coinbase for the IPO same as footstock which is so much better then football index.

Also in the crypto universe I also like and have been spending time on sorare, which is the coolest company out there at the moment if you like both football and crypto.

Next 12 month will keep my positions maybe open up a few more but also looking more into e fantasy football which has such big growth potential.

that’s a great return mate, well done!
I’m pretty much a BTC man, had less than 1% in link/ada/dot/egld/vet/eth but recently dumped them. I know it’s good to diversify and the potential for mad growth can be with the alts but when BTC dumps they bleed harder and then you have to get a bigger % upside to break even. Dot is interesting for sure, let’s see if it can be the new Eth. Good luck mate and hope you continue to do well. I’m sure I’ll dip back into the alts again.

This possibly isn't the right thread but anyone heard anything about Earth2? You can buy land then companies pay to advertise on your property if it's well located. No idea if it's a crazy scam or the next big thing but I'm buying a couple of spots just in case.

https://earth2.io/

I have a lot of money invested in ETH, BTC, XLM and XRP.

I'm delighted I got XRP at 8p. It's going to be £1.50 by Nov, once the SEC rubbish is sorted.

What makes you think that? It's at 0.22 now so that would be some increase.

I'm delighted I got XRP at 8p. It's going to be £1.50 by Nov, once the SEC rubbish is sorted.

I found it very interesting the sec offered to drop the case if ripple paid a fine. Which sort of led me to believe that it was the doomsday some were suggesting. Now I'm reading that the SEC say they want to work with ripple to reform the crypto space.

If you weigh that up against the fact that at the moment ripple is still an American company and America is behind in blockchain to Russia and China and that the Biden administration understands it better then that idiot trump, I think like you it is going to go up when the sec thing goes away.

I have zero knowledge on crypto, but at the moment I have £10 a week going into ETH. Should I do the same with XRP?

I don’t have a lot of spare cash to play with so doing small amounts

I have zero knowledge on crypto, but at the moment I have £10 a week going into ETH. Should I do the same with XRP?

I don’t have a lot of spare cash to play with so doing small amounts

Yes mate.

It is where bitcoin was a year ago with institutional investors now putting huge amounts into it. It is the safest hold in crypto. They have no issues with the sec.

I also invest in playing cards in American sports, know nothing of their sports but still invest. The cards are all held on the ethereum block chain. Esports potential for growth is so huge, gaming in general.

But that is only one string to ethereums bow. Some of the alt coins like yearn finance and compound are also seriously fantastic.

Buying guns ??

If the currencies are not used day to day, apart from a tiny amount for buying some illegal stuff, this is a classic bubble, right? Like Dutch Tulip bulbs? Everyone knows this but many are riding the wave. Or...will these currencies actually be used by us for legal purchases in the near future?

Goodness knows how you value a digital currency as it's not tied to the prospects of a nation. I suppose the currency value is solely based upon demand for that currency. If that demand is 99% from speculators and just 1% of people are buying it to purchase drugs, when/will the market pop?

Yes mate.

It is where bitcoin was a year ago with institutional investors now putting huge amounts into it. It is the safest hold in crypto. They have no issues with the sec.

I also invest in playing cards in American sports, know nothing of their sports but still invest. The cards are all held on the ethereum block chain. Esports potential for growth is so huge, gaming in general.

But that is only one string to ethereums bow. Some of the alt coins like yearn finance and compound are also seriously fantastic.

Thank you mate! Fascinating stuff. I was planning on using crypto as a means to invest pure cash and take out a lump sum if it went anywhere. But investing seems to be the way to go.

Back