• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

There has got to be something more to this....Mourinho wouldn't just hammer a player for no reason.

What I love about Mourinho is that he is so calculating it what he says....he clearly is a very smart/intelligent guy and thinks everything through.

Obviously part of a plan to put a fire under his belly.....(or bin him off....lol_

There has got to be something more to this....Mourinho wouldn't just hammer a player for no reason.

What I love about Mourinho is that he is so calculating it what he says....he clearly is a very smart/intelligent guy and thinks everything through.

Obviously part of a plan to put a fire under his belly.....(or bin him off....lol_

He does hammer players though. Luke Shaw had an awful time under him at United for example and as far as I know, Shaw isn't a troublemaker. Maybe it's to assert his authority and show everyone who the boss is but if I'm, say, Eric Dier and I'm watching my mate getting dug out in public, I'm not liking it.

If Dele is doing something he shouldn't, Jose should deal with it behind closed doors. There is little or no justification for singling Dele out and criticising him in public.

Also, if Dele wanted to be a problem, he could leak to the press. So far, it seems he has behaved impeccably despite being routinely embarrassed and humiliated by Mourinho. It's a sad day for us when Dele is behaving with much more class than his manager.

This x 1000

Just saw the comments now. Absolutely disgusted with Mourinho. Awful carry on.

I hope we keep Alli and bin Mourinho.

Mourinho is toxic and whos next on his list?

Let's nothing wrong with selling a player that is not in a managers plans. Mourinho uses it as a weapon.
I think he Mourinho has already upset some big Spurs players with his antics.

Last edited:
The acid test in all this is how Dele responds. Most of you reckon JM has gone too far this time, and you may well be right, but if you are, then presumably Dele will be out of here either in January or next Summer. But if we end up winning a trophy without Dele, the manager will feel he has been vindicated.

So far as I'm aware there are still no media stories of Dele being alienated and wanting out. Of course this may be because he is simply keeping his cards close to his chest. Having witnessed how things worked out with Danny Rose he prefers to keep shtum and bide his time until the right opportunity to move comes along.

But the alternative possibility is that Dele wants to stay and do his damnedest to eradicate his bad habits.
Maybe he is prepared to put up with Jose's public criticisms because he knows the manager is right. Going by his comments in All or Nothing he never seemed too put out by any of Mourinho's constant digs and seemed to accept that he needed to improve for the good of the team.

Who knows how this will eventually play out. We can but hope for the latter scenario.

I think Eriksen was soo important for Deli. Can think of three goals all against Chelsea he created for deli. We don’t have that type of player to link up with him and provide that cross/assist anymore in our system now. Ali form dropped massively when eriksen decided he wanted offs.

I think Eriksen was soo important for Deli. Can think of three goals all against Chelsea he created for deli. We don’t have that type of player to link up with him and provide that cross/assist anymore in our system now. Ali form dropped massively when eriksen decided he wanted offs.

Yeh but additionally I think Alli decline is vastly over played, he was very good when Jose first came, in fact was probably they player that stepped up the most and other than Kane and Son everyone else has played to a poor level, last season more so but you could make a case for others this season too again which is masked by Son and Kane absolute brilliance.

“For me a player that plays in that position has to link and create and not to create problems for his own team,” he said. “In that situation, a counterattack would probably end with a goal or an action and it ended with a counterattack behind our defenders [and a goal] and they transformed a game that was totally in our hands. So yes I was upset.” Jose Mourinho

My take on that response from Jose is he was honest but not unreasonably critical. Dele hasn't got 90 mins in his legs at the moment and if starts, isn't going to finish. He's looking sharper to me. Jose is giving him the tough love he gave Tanguy last season. I don't think is as big a deal as some sections of the media would like it to be.

This for me as well, and sadly its not just the press there are a few fans on here who can not wait to stick the knife in Jose, probably some of them who did not want him here in the first place?

Good point, i know a lot of fans on here say they do not think we miss him but we do BIG time.

Good point, i know a lot of fans on here say they do not think we miss him but we do BIG time.

We miss the Eriksen of 2+ years ago, any side would.

Dele is quickly becoming the standard next great English talent that peaks at 21-22 and fades with the occasional highlight game to keep people thinking he's the real deal.

We miss the Eriksen of 2+ years ago, any side would.

Dele is quickly becoming the standard next great English talent that peaks at 21-22 and fades with the occasional highlight game to keep people thinking he's the real deal.

Not sure i would say it was 2+ years but i get you point, maybe i should say we miss a player who has the strengths that Eriksen gave us for many years. Its pretty obvious to me we do not have anyone at the moment who gives us that. As for Dele as i said elsewhere i thought he had a good first half but resorted to the Alli ( flicks and tricks) that Jose has pointed out he is not a fan off. Now imo if Dele is a intelligent boy he should except what the manager wants and do just that, not sure he is taking that on board though.

Another way of looking at this is he is trying to get Dele to perform at the levels he knows he can.

We don’t know how many times Jose has told him to stop flicks in training.

I can’t be the only one annoyed by his pointless flicks straight to no one instead of controlling the ball.

@parklane1

I agree on Christian as well, I believe we both called him out as our most important player at the time

he’s not been replaced, so we are now seeing our best finisher having to do the job instead.

Is the deal here more fiscal than personal?

Dele is on elite wages. Mourinho (and us as a club) are limited if he’s not performing at a high level. We can’t spend that resource other players.

I think this has a lot to do with Mourinho putting the boot in now. Might help to sell Dele. Which would be sad, but like Pogba, he’s not consistent and he’s probably not going to develop.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don't think Dele has a longer shelf life at the highest level. He has been dropped by England way before Jose came. His stock has been dropping

Poch moved him away from Kane and his best position and he suffered, he took a couple of years for the team (more now). Eriksen was allowed to sit tight in his favoured position and deteriorated all the same. Yesterday was encouraging because Dele was satelliting around Kane again and getting in the box for shots. Someone else said he got tired second half and then the flicks started and I think that's bang on.

Then Dele should know his situation and deal with it? We haven't replaced Erikssen and don't look like soon.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yeh but additionally I think Alli decline is vastly over played, he was very good when Jose first came, in fact was probably they player that stepped up the most and other than Kane and Son everyone else has played to a poor level, last season more so but you could make a case for others this season too again which is masked by Son and Kane absolute brilliance.

When you look a back through this thread he was widely getting his praises sung for his performances during our second season at Wembley, it wasn't until the second half of that season that his form dropped, but then that was the same for the rest of the team.

I've said it before but moving from an engine room of Dembele/Wanyama + Dier in rotation to Sissoko and Winks really fudged things for that team, Alli and Eriksen were not being fed the ball in the final third and Vertonghen/Sanchez were not gettng anywhere near enough adequate protection - the defense leaked goals, the attack dried up and all 4 players suffered individually.

Not just the flicks but ball loss of possession too. He makes poor risk/return decisions. Poch spoiled Dele having Dembele, Wantama and to a certain extent Erikssen setting the stage for the Dele Alli show.
Another way of looking at this is he is trying to get Dele to perform at the levels he knows he can.

We don’t know how many times Jose has told him to stop flicks in training.

I can’t be the only one annoyed by his pointless flicks straight to no one instead of controlling the ball.

@parklane1

I agree on Christian as well, I believe we both called him out as a storm trooper mutiny pal at the time

he’s not been replaced, so we are now seeing our best finisher having to do the job instead.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

When you look a back through this thread he was widely getting his praises sung for his performances during our second season at Wembley, it wasn't until the second half of that season that his form dropped, but then that was the same for the rest of the team.

I've said it before but moving from an engine room of Dembele/Wanyama + Dier in rotation to Sissoko and Winks really fudged things for that team, Alli and Eriksen were not being fed the ball in the final third and Vertonghen/Sanchez were not gettng anywhere near enough adequate protection - the defense leaked goals, the attack dried up and all 4 players suffered individually.

Yeh mate, people dont see the obvious parallels between the teams dip in form and his, Eriksens, even Toby etc.

Then you look at this season, we hardly play decent football and the coin could easily drop on the side of an L like the last week, but that cant be pegged on Alli as he has played about 100 mins

Back