• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City ***

I looked at Stoke's recent results yesterday... they conceded VERY few goals, basically 1-0 and 0-0 games.
Great point @Bullet, they certainly have a tight defence and won't be pushovers. With all their goalkeeping issues they will look to keep it very tight. Can see us knocking at a locked door, could need a set piece from Big Vini to unlock the door.

Great point @Bullet, they certainly have a tight defence and won't be pushovers. With all their goalkeeping issues they will look to keep it very tight. Can see us knocking at a locked door, could need a set piece from Big Vini to unlock the door.

Vini, Bergwijn, Dele, Bale. That should be enough. I really hope we given Kane and Son the night off. They need a break

Vini, Bergwijn, Dele, Bale. That should be enough. I really hope we given Kane and Son the night off. They need a break
I think they’ll be on the bench, Mourinho might see this as the best chance of a trophy but hopefully they don’t start and aren’t required.

Asked what type of lineup should be expected, Mourinho said: "I think a mixture.

"I think clearly some players they need to play and they deserve to play

"And from the ones that are playing more time, there are others where we don't have great options to make changes and we have to keep them, but of course I will try to give a little bit of a rest to two or three of them."

So my interpretation:
"need to play and they deserve to play" - probably Davies, Doherty etc. Good pros, need game time to stay fit etc
"where we dont have great options" - probably referring to CB and a holding midfielder. So Dier comes in, and then either PEH or Sissoko play alongside Winks
"a little bit of a rest to two or three of them" - Toby and hopefully at least one of Son or Kane get a break, if not both

https://www.skysports.com/football/...away-dressing-room-ahead-of-carabao-cup-clash

Whichever team we select to play, they need to be instructed to release the handbrake and stop playing in second gear. We have great attacking options which we are substantially underutilising at the moment.

I want a reserve side to go out and cruise through this but to be honest I don't have much faith in the europa side to get a result against these. No idea what to do to be honest, we need to rotate a little though.

I want a reserve side to go out and cruise through this but to be honest I don't have much faith in the europa side to get a result against these. No idea what to do to be honest, we need to rotate a little though.

It’s going to be tough. Michael O’Neill will have them very well organised and ready for us.

In the real world we need to win this so we should play a strong team a try to get in front early. I dont think Stoke are that good but good enough to make it tough particularly if they can get the lead. Confidence needs boosting and strong players have to perform as defeat here could be a turning point in the season.

Back