• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

Boys were tired. How many matches have they played this season already?

Think Kane and Son certainly looked tired. With the way we set up to play those two have to get through a lot of work.

Goes for all of them. It’s always a lot more tiring without the ball. The concentration to maintain the rigid defensive shape. All going to take its toll. Silly mistakes are bound to start creeping in.

Need to rotate more.

Realistically, we're not not going to win the league, but we're in the mix, and should try to stay in the mix, and as long as we do, you just never know. Eventually, it has to be the goal of the club every season. If not, we'll never win it.

i do agree we should try and stay in the mix and strive to do that every season. Like you though i am realistic enough to know its not going to happen. This season anyway.

Forthcoming fixtures see a lot of those around us/challenging us for top places, playing each other. This was always going to be a difficult period, hopefully others will take points off each and see us rise again. The fact that we started the week looking to cement top spot and ended it in 6th shows how tight it is.

Realistically, we're not not going to win the league, but we're in the mix, and should try to stay in the mix, and as long as we do, you just never know. Eventually, it has to be the goal of the club every season. If not, we'll never win it.
Europa again IMHO
We can have a 'home' performance like against Leicester infecting the DNA of the club and still expect to progress.

Last edited:
I love your neverending Spurs optimism.
I agree regarding teams fading.;)
Honestly we’re having a blip and still look better than most teams
Pool are the only team who have been impressive this season and we should have taken points off them
No one is going to convince me that in a season where we got from top to 6th in a week we can’t be won’t recover our form quickly
And i look at the teams above us for example and see nothing to fear apart from pool who will walk the league now

Pool are the only team who have been impressive this season and we should have taken points off them
No one is going to convince me that in a season where we got from top to 6th in a week we can’t be won’t recover our form quickly
And i look at the teams above us for example and see nothing to fear apart from pool who will walk the league now

I actually agree. People get carried away with form. People were saying Everton were title contenders at the start when they won every game. They could still be a dangerous side but they will not win the league. I still think top 4 and a trophy has to be the aim for us. I’d argue the trophy is more important this season than top 4. What I would like to see is us showing more intent than we did in the last 3 games. You can be well organised, compact and solid defensively AND still show more positivity going forward. We didn’t threaten Leicester enough and were too passive against palace once we scored and they aren’t a top team. Liverpool was a different game as we had to be cagey against them but I completely disagree with Jose’s sentiment that we were the better team. We had the better chances but we were not the better team. We should have got at least a point, arguably three with the chances we got but it wouldn’t have been a deserved win IMO.

This season is going to be insane....we just need to get our brick together and go on a run

Before the Pool defeat, we were hauled as tight at the back and efficient up front. Two games later (!), we've conceded a fluke deflection (Salah), a goal which possible should've been chalked off for an infraction (Firminho, and whoever it was pushing Dier), a stupid pen given away by Aurier and a bad own goal - and suddenly Mourinho is old again and Spurs are boring to watch (despite having scored a ton of lovely goals - apparently it's just lucky that we have Kane and Son that can do the occasional brilliant move). We've also missed some absolute sitters - we won the xG vs Liverpool, and would've won it against Leicester if it hadn't been for the penalty. It's not as bad as some are making it out to be. It's definitely a work in progress - we still need more solidity and less stupidity in defense, and we need an actual footballer to partner Højbjerg and Lo Celso/N'Dombele in midfield. I think we're making the best of it at the moment. We're still going to have poor games, and we're definitely not going to win the league - but we're going to be fighting for top four, and we're going to be fighting for a cup this season - and hopefully, we'll do well and will be able to get the right people in, and take the next step next season and push for a title.

You can't win every game, and you're not going to look like million dollars every game.

Before the Pool defeat, we were hauled as tight at the back and efficient up front. Two games later (!), we've conceded a fluke deflection (Salad), a goal which possible should've been chalked off for an infraction (Firminho, and whoever it was pushing Dier), a stupid pen given away by Aurier and a bad own goal - and suddenly Mourinho is old again and Spurs are boring to watch (despite having scored a ton of lovely goals - apparently it's just lucky that we have Kane and Son that can do the occasional brilliant move). We've also missed some absolute sitters - we won the xG vs Liverpool, and would've won it against Leicester if it hadn't been for the pelanty. It's not as bad as some are making it out to be. It's definitely a work in progress - we still need more solidity and less stupidity in defense, and we need an actual footballer to partner Højbjerg and Lo Celso/N'Dombele in midfield. I think we're making the best of it at the moment. We're still going to have poor games, and we're definitely not going to win the league - but we're going to be fighting for top four, and we're going to be fighting for a cup this season - and hopefully, we'll do well and will be able to get the right people in, and take the next step next season and push for a title.

You can't win every game, and you're not going to look like million dollars every game.

Too much sense it that for some.

No drama here. It’s the ebb and flow of the league at this stage, first to fifth, big deal.

We’ve just endured that tough run of games vs top teams (plus Woolwich) we all noted when the fixtures came out...in which we’ve beaten City and Arse, drawn with Chelsea and lost to Leics and Liverpool. Seven points from that lot is decent IMO.

In between, we also took max points off Brighton and West Brom (which would normally trip us up) and qualified top of our Euro group.

Yes, it’s not always been pretty, we had a disappointing draw with Palace, but offset that with the absolute butt-fudging we gave Man Utd.

We’re doing OK, won’t win the league, (it was only the media who said that, and this week they are saying it’s Man Utd), but we’ll see where we are when all the other contenders have also had their tough runs.

Said at start of the season that City and Liverpool would be top 2 with Chelsea likely third (deep squad). Thought we'd likely be in a fight for fourth place with Man Utd and Leicester and have seen nothing to change that since the season started.

In saying the above, I do think we need to find another way to play if we want to sustain our challenge. The opposition have now got wise to the sit deep, suck them in, get Kane to drop off into space and turn on the ball to thread a pass to a fast runner getting beyond him. It is now much harder for Kane to find that space with our opponents detailing their defensive midfielder to pick him up and get tight. If Jose can develop another tactic then I think we'll get that 4th spot (perhaps even third). If not then I think we'll end up 6th or 7th.

Said at start of the season that City and Liverpool would be top 2 with Chelsea likely third (deep squad). Thought we'd likely be in a fight for fourth place with Man Utd and Leicester and have seen nothing to change that since the season started.

In saying the above, I do think we need to find another way to play if we want to sustain our challenge. The opposition have now got wise to the sit deep, suck them in, get Kane to drop off into space and turn on the ball to thread a pass to a fast runner getting beyond him. It is now much harder for Kane to find that space with our opponents detailing their defensive midfielder to pick him up and get tight. If Jose can develop another tactic then I think we'll get that 4th spot (perhaps even third). If not then I think we'll end up 6th or 7th.
You can’t rate Chelsea as highly anymore surely?
They have beaten one team in the top 13 and even that was quite lucky despite a 3 nil win
City also still look very shabby IMO
Watching them lest night their so predictable and actually quite boring
United are odd but look better than those two IMO as they kinda have a variety by default be luck

You can’t rate Chelsea as highly anymore surely?
They have beaten one team in the top 13 and even that was quite lucky despite a 3 nil win
City also still look very shabby IMO
Watching them lest night their so predictable and actually quite boring
United are odd but look better than those two IMO as they kinda have a variety by default be luck
I don't rate Chelsea anywhere near as highly as Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project, those two will have a reasonable gap to the best of the rest by the end of the season I think. The fact Chelsea have an inexperienced manager may allow us to finish above them but if I had 100 grand to place on either of us to finish above the other at even money then unfortunately my money would be on them at the moment. I think that the points between 3rd and 6th will be quite tight though and any two of Chelsea, Man Utd, Leicester, us and perhaps Everton could make up the final two places in the top 4.

Emirates Marketing Project aren't the team they were a couple of seasons ago but they're still joint favourites with Liverpool I think. They have been without Aguero remember and that is like us being without Kane. They will be there or thereabouts for all four trophies IMO.

Interesting that you find Chelsea predictable and boring. Do you not think that accusation can also be made about us?

Back