• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City ***

They did a lot more than us. We were shockingly bad.
First half before the penalty they had 1 shot on target and a few speculative ones
We had 1 too and a few speculative ones
They edged the possession by 8% when I checked at half time (on BBC)
The game changed as soon as Aurier heads the blokes back. Plain stupid error
Then they go counter attack and we lose the one midfield comfortable with the ball
That second was as bad though as a speculative cross with sissoko having time and he literally doesn’t move

Worst performance of the season in the league (worse games in Europa). In other games when we had little possession it still felt like we had control, today even in possession it never felt like we had any control. So many poor performances from the team and Jose.

We had Bale, Son and Moura on together, why was Sissoko providing more of the width than any of them? He's never going to beat a player or provide a decent cross

He kept Vardy wide though, all Vardy could do was head into dead space, there wasn’t another Leicester player in 30 yards.

Toby’s touch was brick, but Hugo should have dealt with the cross before it got to Vardy.
No excuse for moussa to not even jump
Keeping him wide but still not jumping
Awful play

Worst performance of the season in the league (worse games in Europa). In other games when we had little possession it still felt like we had control, today even in possession it never felt like we had any control. So many poor performances from the team and Jose.

We had Bale, Son and Moura on together, why was Sissoko providing more of the width than any of them? He's never going to beat a player or provide a decent cross

It was on par with Brighton, Burnley and West Brom imo

We looked like we still felt sorry for ourselves after Wed as opposed to being angry and showing some fire. Harry was either tired or sluggish, cannot be sure, Sonny marked out of it. Unfortunate with LoCelso/Ndombele situation...I think the saddest thing for me was seeing Bale just be outrageously ineffectual. I might have to face a home truth or two...

Only saw the last 20 so motm Dier and Reguillon for the effort but not much else. 2 very poor goals to give away, Aurier ridiculous and Sissoko just will not jump to head a ball.

Booooooo

useless bunch of clams, no excuse for that lack of effort, absolutely disgusted with them, cowards, fudge the lot of them

I hope Jose tears into them for this, we are now somehow 6 points off top

I hope they all have a really brick Christmas, cretins

I don’t blame the players or think they weren’t trying. The team isn’t set up to tear teams apart so when we are behind it’s very hard to score particularly when Leicester defended as well as they did.

We should set up to play more expansive football in these games for me. Today was abject. You could make the argument that if Serge keeps his head then we may not lose. But we were second best all over the pitch and quite lucky they had another ruled out for offside. We got what we deserved but it’s on Jose rather than the players in my view.

We looked like we still felt sorry for ourselves after Wed as opposed to being angry and showing some fire. Harry was either tired or sluggish, cannot be sure, Sonny marked out of it. Unfortunate with LoCelso/Ndombele situation...I think the saddest thing for me was seeing Bale just be outrageously ineffectual. I might have to face a home truth or two...

Looked like a team that doesn't know what to do with possession - which is exactly what we are

Said it 2 weeks ago in the Mourinho thread, there is more to come from us. Being top of the league was actually a hindrance as we thought we'd arrived. But you could see in certain games we are not yet balanced. We are not as good as we can be in possession, and the team are comfortable first and foremost defending. You can see why Mourinho has instilled this into the team. We need a defensive foundation - glad we have it - but it is not balanced yet. Mourinho needs to work on the midfield now.

We were not as good as everyone thought when top of the league, and we're not as bad as it looked today. Just need to get the team's attacking-defensive balance and player rotation right.

Said a few weeks ago that Bale had to start performing and it didn’t go down well here. He’s been here two months. He should be at a level where he’s contributing but he’s been anonymous in any game I’ve seen him play. Not good enough so far and he’s running out of time to turn it around.

I don’t blame the players or think they weren’t trying. The team isn’t set up to tear teams apart so when we are behind it’s very hard to score particularly when Leicester defended as well as they did.

We should set up to play more expansive football in these games for me. Today was abject. You could make the argument that if Serge keeps his head then we may not lose. But we were second best all over the pitch and quite lucky they had another ruled out for offside. We got what we deserved but it’s on Jose rather than the players in my view.

I’m happy with the tactics, the problems today were the defence giving soft goals away, mistakes from Aurier and Hugo, and Son and Kane at the other end hiding or being half hearted when they did have the ball, Kane was fudging useless today, I’m fuming at his lack of influence, he’ll be full of quotes about learning from this and trying again next time, I don’t want to fudging hear it.

Back