• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

Only a day to go before one of our biggest ever league games and still no OMT so I thought I would start it.

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Dier, Reg. Hojberg, Sissoko. Moura, Lo Celso, Son. Harry...

Ndombele looked a bit off the pace against palace and I don't want him trying something risky on the edge of our box.. lo Celso is a safer option and has been playing well

Bergwyn still looks lacking in confidence. Moura is a big game player as we saw against Ajax...

COYS

giphy(9).gif

We drew 2-2 up there a few years ago. They shaded the first half and we absolutely dominated them second half. Dembele ran the show and Kane missed a pen. How we didn't win I don't know.

The season after, we lost 2-1 to Tobys og. Same pattern. We were much better than them second half.

Last season was similar to today.

So you're right. Poch always had us competitive up there.
Not according to @Baleforce who hates him for some reason. I am so disappointed by today. Just starting to believe we could win the title. It just feels so deflating.

We drew 2-2 up there a few years ago. They shaded the first half and we absolutely dominated them second half. Dembele ran the show and Kane missed a pen. How we didn't win I don't know.

The season after, we lost 2-1 to Tobys og. Same pattern. We were much better than them second half.

Last season was similar to today.

So you're right. Poch always had us competitive up there.
Liverpool are very good, significantly better than they were in those games but we have the players to compete with them offensively we just need to play then more ambitiously.

Yes the press well but in Ndombele and GLC we have two players who can beat the press move into space and play a killer ball. That's the game we need to play when sitting deep for the counter.

I get the idea with Moura, he has workrate and despite being small he's very good in the air but a pass will be faster than the fastest dribbler on a pitch.

Today Jose went down the wrong path with the substitution I hope he learns and plays to our strengths a tiny bit more. We really aren't far off being the optimum counter press attacking force.

Not according to @Baleforce who hates him for some reason. I am so disappointed by today. Just starting to believe we could win the title. It just feels so deflating.

Gutted on so many levels. The late goal. The fact it would have been one of those games we'd have said "that's the sort of game we'd have lost before this year" if we'd held out. The fact the odds were stacked against them with injuries. How brittle they looked when we applied pressure. The boost it gives them.

Absolutely fudging fuming and sickened.

Some lessons learned -

1) Whatever that strange 4-4-2 was in the first half, it wasn't working. Sissoko is good at precisely one thing, and only one thing - sitting next to Hojbjerg covering for Aurier. Everything else? He's crap. So, going forward, don't do whatever we did in the first half. If needed, play Lo Celso wide right, Hojbjerg and Sissoko central, Son left, Ndombele behind Kane. Drop Bergwijn, he isn't clinical enough for the game we play.

2) Lo Celso's getting better by the game.

3) We need new centre-backs, Dier just doesn't convince me and Toby, while solid, unfortunately lets things like this happen every now and then.

4) We won't win the league. Liverpool will. Accept it, it will be easier. Fully expect they'll win it by a hair in the return game as well. meteorology wise, this team and this club are midgets, and they're not. I don't know why that it is, it just is and seemingly will always be.

Think a CL spot is feasible this season, and maybe a cup somewhere. That will do me just fine.
I thought Lo Celso looked out of position on the right as it’s hard for a left footed player to tackle when the opponent goes outside. That and his yellow contributed to his sub.
I agree on 100% on Sissoko, today I thought he looked leggy and very hesitant when not goal side of his man. I think he was expecting a penalty to be given if he tackled in the box and literary brick himself when the ball hit close to his arm in the box , so much so I think pre VAR it’s a pen by his guilty reaction! Seriously though, if we can’t trust Ndombele to sit with Lo Celso it really shouldn’t be hard to find someone who has his physical power who has some basic technique. The strategy we have is harder when we are ineffective with the limited possession we have, as it puts the defence straight back under pressure.
We are on the right path, from where we were to CL qualification and a cup win would be a massive forward step. A couple of obvious upgrades in the summer, maybe one of the younger players stepping up and we can continue to make a challenge for the top honours. I know they feel like a bogey team at the mo but most teams come away with nothing from Anfield at the moment. We can’t have been in that much trouble against them, VAR couldn’t find a reason to give them a pen!

It’s a HUGE London derby
They may be brick but when we were shut we made them work for it
That’s a big game IMO
Arsenal haven’t beaten us in 2 years and none of the last 6 at White Hart Lane. It’s always good to beat them but they are a really poor team at the moment.

Back