• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

Lloris
Aurier Dier Toby Reguilion
Sissoko Hojberg Ndombele
Son Kane Stevie

Predictable but our biggest game of the season so far and we have to go all out with best 11.

COYS
I think that's by far the most likely, assuming no injuries, illness or other reasons for players missing.

I could see two changes as possible. Moura for Bergwijn for fresher legs and more pace. Lo Celso for Ndombele as Lo Celso has looked better recently while Ndombele has perhaps faded ever so slightly. Again probably fresher legs and the prospect of Ndombele coming on for the last half an hour against tiring legs is quite mouthwatering.

Wouldn't put it past Mourinho to do something more surprising, but struggling to see what that would be.

I wonder which side Son will play on tonight. It'll be down to whichever FB Mourinho thinks he has a better chance of getting behind

First time in a while we visit Anfield and I’m not nervous we’ll lose. I’m even slightly optimistic we’ll take all 3 points and ruin their home unbeaten run.

Eggnog anyone?

WhoScored are suggesting Jose might play three at the back. I think he did that at home against Pool last season? Wouldn’t surprise me, might be a good option with Son playing up top in 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 rather than having to track their full-backs constantly.

fudge I remember that day all too painfully. Wasnt long after City dingdonged us 6-0. An utterly abject and spineless performance with Paulinho getting sent off for putting in the only "challenge" he ever put in in a Spurs shirt.

That sort of bad memory will keep me grounded for this evening anyway. Nervous as fudge.

WhoScored are suggesting Jose might play three at the back. I think he did that at home against Pool last season? Wouldn’t surprise me, might be a good option with Son playing up top in 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 rather than having to track their full-backs constantly.

I think that would be a really bad idea considering how well drilled our defence has been recently.

Really, really hope we don't. We'll end up being pinned back as a back 5 - their wide forwards would drift wide, which would make our WBs drop deeper rather than the CBs being dragged out and exposing the central CB.

Better to have a back 4 and play somewhat narrow. Wouldnt surprise me to see Davies getting the nod over Reguilon this evening for that reason...though Regi's pace would also be useful defensively

I hope not, I guess that would be at Bergwijn or Moura’s expense and would take away another both a minor offensive / counter option and also pressing. With the 4 + 2 dms and the I hope is seen as solid enough as we need to give them something to think about as arguably their high line could be something we can continually exploit.

Really, really hope we don't. We'll end up being pinned back as a back 5 - their wide forwards would drift wide, which would make our WBs drop deeper rather than the CBs being dragged out and exposing the central CB.

Better to have a back 4 and play somewhat narrow. Wouldnt surprise me to see Davies getting the nod over Reguilon this evening for that reason...though Regi's pace would also be useful defensively

We know that it'll end up being a back six and hit them on the break

We know that it'll end up being a back six and hit them on the break

With their pace up front, sitting back makes sense. Its why I like the rumours that Jose is after a quick CB - will enable us to defend a bit higher up. Even pushing forward 10 yards would make a hell of a difference in terms of how much easy possession the opposition get

With their pace up front, sitting back makes sense. Its why I like the rumours that Jose is after a quick CB - will enable us to defend a bit higher up. Even pushing forward 10 yards would make a hell of a difference in terms of how much easy possession the opposition get

I think that the biggest issue is that when Hojbjerg and Sissoko drop between the CB and FB, it limits our options for playing out. Against Arsenal, we went back to the fullbacks tucking in and the wide forwards dropping into the FB positions, so it is obviously something that we are working on.

Back