• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2020/21 - Round of 16: Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

Nice to see the same level of respect for our opponents as usual. With each step forward our support seems to grow more arrogant and delusional as we frequently accuse other clubs.

If we're not confident enough to put out our EL group stage team in the away leg against the 7th placed team in the 12-team Austrian league (the league in which LASK are 2nd) then we have serious problems

If we're not confident enough to put out our EL group stage team in the away leg against the 7th placed team in the 12-team Austrian league (the league in which LASK are 2nd) then we have serious problems
Not quite FC Pigfarmer but Goatherder AFC maybe.

Home game will be a 18:00 kick off as well so not to clash with the champions league. Be annoying for anyone going if we’re allowed fans again by then.

It’s actually 5pm kick off UK time.
Thank Ghod for work from home. A trickier time however for fans to get to, if fans are permitted by then, which is unlikely.

It’s actually 5pm kick off UK time.
Thank Ghod for work from home. A trickier time however for fans to get to, if fans are permitted by then, which is unlikely.

More likely that the vaccine will trigger a zombie apocalypse and we will have upgraded to defcon 5 from tier 3.

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance, we all disliked the "its Tottenham" attitude of Ferguson but ever week we see the same respect shown to our opponents. You should treat all opponents with respect and realise there are no easy games and all victories have to be worked for.

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance, we all disliked the "its Tottenham" attitude of Ferguson but ever week we see the same respect shown to our opponents. You should treat all opponents with respect and realise there are no easy games and all victories have to be worked for.
I don't think we are near arrogance. One or two people perhaps, but the collective 'we'...absolutely not.
Years of being Tottenham fans should have removed that far from our systems.
Hopeful expectation of victory against an objectively lesser opponent is not arrogance. That's fine, we should yearn to be in that place, but not let it spill into casual dismissiveness.

I dont think the general Spurs fan population is arrogant. The years of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory has put most of us in that position!

I don't think we are near arrogance. One or two people perhaps, but the collective 'we'...absolutely not.
Years of being Tottenham fans should have removed that far from our systems.
Hopeful expectation of victory against an objectively lesser opponent is not arrogance. That's fine, we should yearn to be in that place, but not let it spill into casual dismissiveness.

Maybe but one or two too many for my liking.

This is a fair draw for us. We could have get a much harder opponents. But we cannot get complacent. We tend to struggle against weak teams in Europe by resting many regulars. Hope Mourinho will play a strong team against them.

That article you linked says Lavinier is in the A-list... I don't really focus on all this stuff so I'm not sure if that makes any sense

All teams competing in the Europa League must submit an A-list, featuring their core players, and a B-list - made up of home-grown stars. Lavinier was named in the A-list, while youngsters like Denis Cirkin and Dane Scarlett made the B-list.

There was a free slot for Lavinier to step up after defender Cameron Carter-Vickers joined Bournemouth on loan, while Jack Clarke moved to Stoke until the end of the season. He now has an opportunity to make his debut for the club, although may be restricted for the most part - as Spurs see this competition as a golden chance to win a trophy.

That article you linked says Lavinier is in the A-list... I don't really focus on all this stuff so I'm not sure if that makes any sense

All teams competing in the Europa League must submit an A-list, featuring their core players, and a B-list - made up of home-grown stars. Lavinier was named in the A-list, while youngsters like Denis Cirkin and Dane Scarlett made the B-list.

There was a free slot for Lavinier to step up after defender Cameron Carter-Vickers joined Bournemouth on loan, while Jack Clarke moved to Stoke until the end of the season. He now has an opportunity to make his debut for the club, although may be restricted for the most part - as Spurs see this competition as a golden chance to win a trophy.

I think the article has just neglected to mention his home grown status - CCV and Clarke no longer here means there was 2 x HG spots to fill in the A list (as i understand it)

So which countries will let there teams travel to England for the next round? Be ideal if we could play the home leg actually at home.

Back