• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace ***

Last season, Liverpool drew away to Burnley and Everton, and lost away to Watford.
Palace were one of the best teams we've played this season, anything but poor.
They could afford to take their foot off the pedal as they had no serious challengers for the title. We can’t.

I guess if we're looking for silver linings, this might help going into Wednesday. I'd obviously prefer we won but not winning and conceding a goal may take some pressure off the players because all the talk between now and then would have been about how we're winning and not conceding and "can the champions break Spurs?"

I think i can swallow negative football if it means a title or european success but it's hard to argue it's worth putting up with otherwise as I'm sure there are plenty of people who can coach a club of our level to top 4 whilst playing attractive football

Id swallow it for a trophy this season full stop we are so starved of success. We need to get the monkey off our back. Criminal that we haven’t won anything in the last decade with the squads we had. I don’t expect us to win the league this season but I think we should be within 10 points of Liverpool and look to close the gap next season.

One thing I have to get into here...us. Supporters. GGers.

Pochettino created magic with us, helped build what we currently have in many senses and for three years masterminded beautiful football. WE - that is the club's upper management and some sections of the fan base- decided that they'd rather not give Poch and his vision/style a chance to build MkII.

As is. Some of us were disappointed for sure, hurt even.

But we move on.

Mourinho came in and, as our manager, got the support he should from us and thankfully from Levy.
We ALL know what Mourinho brings, there could be no surprises other than the fact he has largely managed to implement that with us, give or take some still-needed tweaks.

So honestly, I think people questioning our tactics are barking up the wrong tree. And people bagging on the manager for the tactic? I think it's funny.

Billy is absolutely right IMO.

Again, three world class saves today.

I don't that they have an editorial line on it, I've never got the impression that Wilson does.
He has commented a lot on him on the pod
Also recently said that in a time of COVID Jose will excel... but not in a complimentary way
I’m sure it was him
I like him generally

Pochettino created magic with us, helped build what we currently have in many senses and for three years masterminded beautiful football. WE - that is the club's upper management and some sections of the fan base- decided that they'd rather not give Poch and his vision/style a chance to build MkII.

But we move on.

Mourinho came in and, as our manager, got the support he should from us and thankfully from Levy.
We ALL know what Mourinho brings, there could be no surprises other than the fact he has largely managed to implement that with us, give or take some still-needed tweaks.

So honestly, I think people questioning our tactics are barking up the wrong tree. And people bagging on the manager for the tactic? I think it's funny.

Right about what? I'm bagging both the manager and the tactics?? :p

But we move on.

I think it was more performance than tactics today Steff. I can't believe he sent us out to play that way second half after a good first half and his interview indicated that. And while it's disappointing to not win, Palace are a decent side and we didn't lose.

Jose has an impossible job. He'll get criticised regardless of what he does. When we were top, having gotten results against three strong sides without conceding you had people saying "well he should be doing more for Dele and Winks". Part of that is human nature and part of it is because Jose is a divisive personality who people have strong opinions about.

I think it was more performance than tactics today Steff. I can't believe he sent us out to play that way second half after a good first half and his interview indicated that. And while it's disappointing to not win, Palace are a decent side and we didn't lose.

Jose has an impossible job. He'll get criticised regardless of what he does. When we were top, having gotten results against three strong sides without conceding you had people saying "well he should be doing more for Dele and Winks". Part of that is human nature and part of it is because Jose is a divisive personality who people have strong opinions about.

I get that mate, and all very fair points. I just think it's ironic that me, one of the biggest critics of the initial decision, is able to give him latitude at such a congested and critical time. I think a step back and a deep breath would be helpful for many IMO...

Back