• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

great at Chelsea but dreadful last night.
Let see how he goes.....
I don’t judge any player in the Europa games for anything more than doing what’s needed... getting through
The guys been outstanding for us and I say that as someone that openly didn’t want him

I don’t judge any player in the Europa games for anything more than doing what’s needed... getting through
The guys been outstanding for us and I say that as someone that openly didn’t want him

he will be judged over time, it is sadly a midfielders lot, no quick way to assess them.
it took me 18 months with Modric as apposed to four games for a Kane.

Jury still out on him. Offers Aurier competition and rest but at the moment I don't see him unseating Aurier. Perhaps that might change next season.

Of all the signings of the Mourinho era, this was the one I was most pleased with. Having come from another PL club, I thought he would settle in immediately and replace the erratic Aurier as first choice from day one. It hasn't happened for him (yet) at Spurs, but one of the main beneficiaries of the transfer has been Aurier, who has definitely improved exponentially this season. All he now needs is to find more accuracy with the final ball to maximise the great positions he gets into.

Like any player, give him a season to settle - he has been used to the Wolves setup for years. It’s not always as simple as player was previously playing in the Premier League therefore is going to be great from day one....

I don't know how to use the like button.

Other than the ones we didn’t want to sell and got top dollar for(Carrick, Berbs, Bale, Modric) not sure any have gone on to bigger and better things? Walker I guess and again big fee for him.
Exceptions being Paulinho and KPB getting Barcelona gigs I suppose?
Then there’s a couple who though they had gone on to better things and found out the grass isn’t always greener (Keane, Eriksen, Carr :D )

The big one that got away was obviously Souness. That Pat Jennings fellow did pretty well, also, after leaving us.

I remember when Norwich were doing well for a while with Bowen and Culverhouse at full-back that I was sorry we did not keep them. I think Laurel & Hardy were our full-backs at the time.

Going even further back, Keith Weller and Derek Posse did very well at Millwall after leaving the Lane. I think Weller might even have won a cap or two plus he pioneered the wearing of long-johns in cold weather, although not while he was manly and ultra-butch Millwall!

It seems like Doherty find it hard to settle down at Spurs after signing from Wolves. His performances have been poor since joining us. Not sure if he has a long term future at Spurs.

Back