• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Son over Mane all day long, had this debate with liverpool fans .. no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Something not mentioned for his goal was the lung busting run of Reguilon to go outside him meaning the full back couldnt come and put Son under more pressure.

As much as its about Son and Kanes quality and link up, so much more than that is involved. Match of the day last night showed how Spurs players were rotating in dropping into the hole, it wasn't just Kane that comes deep - sometimes Berjwign etc too.....

He truly is a world class player! Not only his goals, but the way he works for the team. Gary Neville said it, and I think it's the first time I've heard a pundit say he's world class. So underrated!

I think he’s under appreciated on this forum too. Other players I feel are more appreciated than Son which is crazy given how many goals Son has scored for us since we signed him. Scored a match winning world class goal in a NLD and there’s only a handful of posts about it.

I think he’s under appreciated on this forum too. Other players I feel are more appreciated than Son which is crazy given how many goals Son has scored for us since we signed him. Scored a match winning world class goal in a NLD and there’s only a handful of posts about it.
I really don't think that's true. EVERYONE loves Sonny!

I think we just take it as read now. Son scores a worldie. Meh. He does that every other game.

Same reason Kane doesn't get as many MotM awards as he should. Him and Son don't need any more validation as they're absolute f**king monsters.

Reading comments from other fans online, e.g. under The Guardian's match reports, everyone else loves Sonny as well. Despite the occasional bit of petulance, he plays the game exactly how it's played in every schoolboy's dreams. Run, shoot, score.

Last edited:
Wow, that's impressive.

However, it also worries me. Which is right...?

A. We're relying on world class finishing to win us games. It's unsustainable and will collapse once Son's current hot streak is over.
B. We've got two world class forwards (not including Bale Mk2...yet), so it makes sense to build our tactics around them.
I think we have to role with B, and as you say Bale might make it 3 options. (So some depth to work with)

You could argue Leicester had one finisher that took them to the title. It's ridiculous we might have 3, and I mean 3 genuinely world class finishers.

I have always loved the way he plays and enjoyed his continued improvement over the seasons. My only argument against him was when the odd poster would say he is a world class level player when he has always been patchy - he would go on a scoring streak of 6-8 games and then disappear for the next month or so. He hasn’t even ever scored 20 league goals in a season has he? To be considered up there with the Salahs etc (which is the level I now think he is at) he has to at least be scoring 20+ in the league which he should do this season hopefully....

I really don't think that's true. EVERYONE loves Sonny!

I think we just take it as read now. Son scores a worldie. Meh. He does that every other game.

Same reason Kane doesn't get as many MotM awards as he should. Him and Son don't need any more validation as they're absolute f**king monsters.

Reading comments from other fans online, e.g. under The Guardian's match reports, everyone else loves Sonny as well. Despite the occasional bit of petulance, he plays the game exactly how it's played in every schoolboy's dreams. Run, shoot, score.

Hmm, I just think had other players scored that kind of goal there would be 2-4 pages eulogising about it. Maybe you’re right, he’s just so good now that it’s almost expected of him.

I have always loved the way he plays and enjoyed his continued improvement over the seasons. My only argument against him was when the odd poster would say he is a world class level player when he has always been patchy - he would go on a scoring streak of 6-8 games and then disappear for the next month or so. He hasn’t even ever scored 20 league goals in a season has he? To be considered up there with the Salahs etc (which is the level I now think he is at) he has to at least be scoring 20+ in the league which he should do this season hopefully....

I think he’s world class right now, maybe not in previous seasons but he has become world classZ But I agree he does need to get 20 league goals. Salah and Mane have done it. Son has the talent to do so also.

I think he’s world class right now, maybe not in previous seasons but he has become world classZ But I agree he does need to get 20 league goals. Salad and Mane have done it. Son has the talent to do so also.

Son's first touch is his only slight negative. Salad's first touch is excellent.

Salad plays as the main goal scorer there along with Mane
It’s a different role IMO, hence why he gets more goals. It’s why firmino can get away with not scoring many for a “striker”

Salad plays as the main goal scorer there along with Mane
It’s a different role IMO, hence why he gets more goals. It’s why firmino can get away with not scoring many for a “striker”
They are both wing forwards. And Son has played as the main striker for months when Kane has been injured. To be considered one of the elite level forwards you need to be scoring more goals than what Son has done in previous seasons.

Before I would have had Son down as more of a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer, but now I think hes coming to that level where he can be both....

Back