• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

@milo Son deserves a mention for MOM as he scored an absolute beauty, and provided an assist. But the scum stood off him (we would never ever do that under Mourinho, you just know our team is aware of what each opposition player is capable of). Kane scored, assisted and defended. An amazing all-around performance from a sensational player who deserves MOM!

@milo Son deserves a mention for MOM as he scored an absolute beauty, and provided an assist. But the scum stood off him (we would never ever do that under Mourinho, you just know our team is aware of what each opposition player is capable of). Kane scored, assisted and defended. An amazing all-around performance from a sensational player who deserves MOM!

Also basically played auxillary LB. He put in an amazing shift, they all did mind you.

Looking at those end-game stats, once again there's a load of crosses in from the opposition.
We are just set up to force other teams to cross balls in and we seem more confident with each game that we can form a strong redoubt to block and repel the crosses.

Jamie Redknapp talking about the players not enjoying playing like this. I bet they are loving being part of a strong team that's at the top

Yes. And when we are not top and not winning with defensive strength, he will be the first to say our marquee players will leave because there isn't the right "winning mentality"...

It's only awful to watch if you think football is only about pretty football.
That's not a dig.

Personally I loved the second half - the phycology behind it. That will have tinkled Arsenal off. It also showed the rest of the league we can be a solid wall whenever we want.
We've already shown we can play attacking football. The West Ham game showed that and showed we are capable of capitulation. We are now redressing that image.

Fancy your chances against us? Ok - how you gonna play?
Sit back? We can open you up and score from long range.
Be more expensive? Ok. Make sure you don't leave any loose balls though, we'll rip you apart on the counter. And then put the wall up.

I also quite like making sure Arsenal are...... FIFTEENTH in the table. That's a phycological position of dominance
It’s incredibly hard to do. To do it every game must be mentally draining hence why his teams do go bust
The pressure alone on the players to keep going is horrendous
Yet they eat it up
I’ve already nominated serge for MOTM... this is a guy who I thought shared a brain cell with an amoeba.
Now ... wow. The guy deserves huge, huge credit and should have it banked now.
Hojdjberg... awful player be Everton. Looked clumsy and slooooow. Right now he is the best midfielder in the land.
And son and Kane are world class big the team around them helps them be world class

Yes. And when we are not top and not winning with defensive strength, he will be the first to say our marquee players will leave because there isn't the right "winning meteorology"...
He's so reductive. Our only tactic is to rely on Kane & Son...
As though we are somehow cheating by defending well.

Ah look, I’m delighted. Jose has organised us absolutely brilliantly. Having us top of the league is an exceptional achievement 12 months after he’s inherited a brickshow.

Im just uneasy with how we performed second half. It’s a discussion point and I may be completely wrong. It’ll be interesting to see if we play like that in a 0-0 against a top side at home that we need to win. Or if we continue to play like that if a side pulls a goal back against us. I’ll be very interested to see how we play at Anfield next week.

I didn’t feel we controlled the game in the same way we did against City. But I am absolutely delighted with where we are currently.

Are you looking forward to playing Liverpool? We play them in fairly quick succession - and both games will be a real test, and we will not be walking away with either game so it’s good we’ve got a backs to the wall dimension to us.

To be honest, if we play the ball out properly and our counters are consistent it would be much better viewing. Southampton and United games are proof.
They we’re a mixed bag of styles though
Not digging in and countering
United we were on the front foot straight after their penalty

Mourinho just now:
"Harry Kane clearing balls in the box, Sonny for the first 60 minutes as a winger and then a second striker - it is not just about scoring goals and being world class players. It is about being great guys and doing your best for the team.

"We grew up
. I can imagine lots of people can imagine three matches in a row - against Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea and Arsenal - would be a moment for us to drop points and go back to 'normality' but we didn't go back to 'normality'. We are there. I believe one more week at the top of the table unless Liverpool win by many."

Brilliant. So true.
Also, his intonation and expression when he spoke about the normality was precious

Last edited:
Its the kane and Son show really...I'm a bit dissapointed .Why did'nt Jose bring on Bale or another forward or near the end when we were 2 up? If they had scored we would have been well under the cosh because they were linking up much better than us.
I feel if we had brought on an atacker rather than a defender it would have stopped them from pushing on. I hate it when we have to rely on defending like mad at the end when our forwards are completely knackered and the attacking ability has more or less gone. Like I said if they had scored we would have no reply.
We cant keep relying on Kane and Son all the time and if were not careful the whole thing will callapse because our other players in the squad need to have time together. Besides if Bale had come on he
could have run the ball up the line or be a threat on goal. What have we got Bale for???

He is still one of the Best players in the world and he's sitting on his arse wagling his fingers!

We need a lot more cohesion throughout the team if we have any chance of winning the League!
Anyway..three points I suppose against arsebum... and two brilliant goals well taken....

Back