• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

10 games in (which is about when you can say the table is a decent reflection), and the results

- Scum 14th, City 10th, United 8th, out of those the media probably rides Ole the most, and Pep for the most part and Arteta almost completely get a pass

re next week, I want us to smash them .. really bad, sink the mood around their club even further ..
The table doesn't really show anything. We've only taken just over 2 points per game, which in reality is just about top 4 form. Though it may not take as many points to win it this year as previous years, as it seems everyone beats everyone, except Sheffield, who beats no one.

The table doesn't really show anything. We've only taken just over 2 points per game, which in reality is just about top 4 form. Though it may not take as many points to win it this year as previous years, as it seems everyone beats everyone, except Sheffield, who beats no one.

Yet

I think that defences are struggling in particular from a lack of preseason.

They've had less time for drills than they normally would and I think it's an area that suffers worse from having to replace an injury as a settled line up is more important there.

Watched that Arsenal-Wolves game and was appalled to have to listen to Efan Ekoku rhapsodizing about Willian with Ian Darke, the two making all sorts of excuses for his bad play - 'just getting to know his new club', 'needs time to bed in', 'shows up for the big games', and so on. Such bullschit about what is looking like a really bad signing.

The guys been in the league for years and didn't even have to move house to join the Popguns. If Willian was playing this badly for Spurs, you can bet Ekoku would have ripped him all game. What's he got against Spurs?

I find it completely stunning that when

- United, Spurs, Scum and Chelsea last went looking for a manager, we ended up with Jose and they got Ole, Arteta and Lampard ...
- And the money that those clubs have spent to back inexperienced managers? .. crazy

People really don't appreciate how much better run we are as a club ..
Ole was a deal good feel good antidote to Jose, problem was he did quite well at the start maybe due to the new manager bounce effect but despite this the fact that United held all the cards they gave him a longer term deal rather than seeing how he fared for the rest of the season . To be fair to him whenever he’s looked in trouble he’s pulled a result out of the bag and despite some dodgy performances they are 3 points off 3rd with a game in hand. I still think they must have had someone lined up at the time though!
Lampard I can only think was due to a couple of big names being put off by the transfer ban, but by getting CL he’s earned himself this season and he’s made a decent start, but the pressure is on after the investments made this summer.
Arteta I don’t understand at all though. It’s not even like he’d been looking after the reserves like Pep and Zidane or he was a club legend.
Mourinho was a gamble by us for different reasons too, his stock had lessened after the fall out at United and his brand of football was deemed outdated but it also had the upsides of his track record and big club experience.

Watched that Arsenal-Wolves game and was appalled to have to listen to Efan Ekoku rhapsodizing about Willian with Ian Darke, the two making all sorts of excuses for his bad play - 'just getting to know his new club', 'needs time to bed in', 'shows up for the big games', and so on. Such bullschit about what is looking like a really bad signing.

The guys been in the league for years and didn't even have to move house to join the Popguns. If Willian was playing this badly for Spurs, you can bet Ekoku would have ripped him all game. What's he got against Spurs?
He’s nailed on to find his form against us though!

And on that psychotropic note, The Athletic's principal Arse Whisperer and 38-year-old virgin, James McNicholas, has posted an article speculating on how things would have worked out had they secured the services of Mourinho as manager. It's hilariously masturbatory and shows how obsessed the Vincibles mob have become about watching over and analyzing Spurs in great detail.

It can't be shared since it's behind a paywall but it sets a whole new standard in frustrated, frantic pud pulling. Mourinho's tough love would revive Ozil and Pepe into powerful presences on the pitch. Ambassadorial work from new assistant coach Fred Ljungberg would win fans over. They'd sign Zlatan. In a live telecast, Jose would personally schit kick the snot out of the tossers at AFTV. Ok I made up that last bit, but you can be sure the Librarians have dreamed - and creamed - about it.

Never in a million years could I rationally support that excuse of a club and have to share mental space with the gaggle of fantasists that spout and scribble drivel about it.

And on that psychotropic note, The Athletic's principal Arse Whisperer and 38-year-old virgin, James McNicholas, has posted an article speculating on how things would have worked out had they secured the services of Mourinho as manager. It's hilariously masturbatory and shows how obsessed the Vincibles mob have become about watching over and analyzing Spurs in great detail.

It can't be shared since it's behind a paywall but it sets a whole new standard in frustrated, frantic pud pulling. Mourinho's tough love would revive Ozil and Pepe into powerful presences on the pitch. Ambassadorial work from new assistant coach Fred Ljungberg would win fans over. They'd sign Zlatan. In a live telecast, Jose would personally schit kick the snot out of the tossers at AFTV. Ok I made up that last bit, but you can be sure the Librarians have dreamed - and creamed - about it.

Never in a million years could I rationally support that excuse of a club and have to share mental space with the gaggle of fantasists that spout and scribble drivel about it.

We live rent free in their fudging head .. all the time ..

Every fudging time Spurs official posts something, their idiot fans jump in and post something? I have never looked at, or even know what the Scum's social media is, why should I? I don't like them, but I also don't give a fudge about them, I get joy out of checking on their results if they lose, but I'm not going to spend time on their social media ..

And Bale was over the hill and we were stupid, but Aubameyang is older (and supposedly better than Kane, like their front line is better than ours) and they gave him a long contract (with Ozil still on books, plus they added Willian)
Jose was a dinosaur and Arteta was the next coming of christ ...

Back