• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Damn xenon bulb on my Passat found out that today was the day to die. Just last week I spent 3500 NOK (£300) to change the front wheel bearings. Damn xenon bulbs are £150 each, and the fudger that designed the car (most likely an financial advisor), designed it in a way that to be able to access it, you need to remove the whole fudging front of the car, bumper and everything!
That's Another £300 just to get a fudging bulb changed, in addition to the £300 for the bulbs!
That said, I found a video where they managed to change the bulb with only removing the diesel filter. I had a look, and I think I might be able to do it myself that way, but probably not without breaking my fingers to be able to get into the minimal space available.
It's fudging ridiculous that they make it that way! Volvo have an incredibly easy access to bulbs. Two clips, and you remove the whole headlamp.
I've orderd new bulbs, so will hopefully be able to change them this weekend. Will be well pleased with myself if I can mange it myself, as it's a very tricky operation. It's very tight, and you are not able to see anything. Just have to do it using your fingers as eyes. We'll see... Wish me luck!
I had a car with the same problem. You could get to it through the wheel arch if you took the lining out.

I had a car with the same problem. You could get to it through the wheel arch if you took the lining out.
No you can't actually. The washer fluid tank sits in front of and below, and will restrict access from the wheel arch on the right side. On the left side you'd probably reach it trough the wheel arch, but on that side it's pretty manageable from the top anyway. It's the left side that's the problem. Also, I don't have access to lift the car, other than a with a normal car jack.

No you can't actually. The washer fluid tank sits in front of and below, and will restrict access from the wheel arch on the right side. On the left side you'd probably reach it trough the wheel arch, but on that side it's pretty manageable from the top anyway. It's the left side that's the problem. Also, I don't have access to lift the car, other than a with a normal car jack.
Sounds a bit brick.

Worth investing in some axle stands, they're not expensive and make that kind of thing much easier.

This must all be engineered in? To increase dealership workshop workflow?

got a debt collection letter sent through because someone hasn't paid a bill and stuck my fudging home address on.

I've contacted the company and said "fudge off" but could this impact me personally if they dont update their bricky systems?

I thought this was a solved problem, on my last Mondeo the whole light assembly unclipped and came off, very easy to replace the bulbs.

Also, I don't remember changing a bulb in the CMax I had after that, for 3 years, I think they use LED's* now which last forever.

*The ones in my Focus look like LED's.

This post was sponsored by Ford obviously.

Will be well pleased with myself if I can mange it myself, as it's a very tricky operation. It's very tight, and you are not able to see anything. Just have to do it using your fingers as eyes.
tenor.gif

I thought in the UK (I know you're a Norseman @Kandi1977) changing a bulb was one of those things you're meant to be able to do at the side of the road?

I know in old Focus' (Focii, plural) you had to take half the engine out to get to the bloody things.

tenor.gif

I thought in the UK (I know you're a Norseman @Kandi1977) changing a bulb was one of those things you're meant to be able to do at the side of the road?

I know in old Focus' (Focii, plural) you had to take half the engine out to get to the bloody things.
Obviously not anymore. I know some of the newer models with LED low/high beam, you can't replace the bulb at all. You have to replace the entire headlamp!

Found out the job at the company I've worked for 24 years isn't going to exist in the new structure so going into collective consultation from tomorrow
Happy Christmas haha

Found out the job at the company I've worked for 24 years isn't going to exist in the new structure so going into collective consultation from tomorrow
Happy Christmas haha

“Consultation”. Lol. Once of the biggest misnomers.

Seriously, sorry to hear your news, it’s a horrible thing to happen.
All I can say is, if you are impacted, there is life after. Went through it a couple of years back myself. Assuming you get a fairly decent package after so much time at the company it’s an opportunity to take some time out that you’d probably never otherwise be able to. It’s not a great time for job hunting but if you have the cushion of a decent pay out it gives a bit of breathing space. And hopefully things will start to look up next year.
Good luck.

^^ What she said. Things will not stay the same for 100 years, nor 50 years, nor 25 years, so to have been at one company for 24 years is a LOT and you might find yourself in some place much better in 5 years' time

Happy Christmas haha

sorry to hear that, what is positive is 2021 should hopefully be far better than 2020. Can spend some time getting things in order a bit, finances and the like during some downtime and then by Feb/March things kick off, especially in insurance sector in financial services.

sorry to hear that, what is positive is 2021 should hopefully be far better than 2020. Can spend some time getting things in order a bit, finances and the like during some downtime and then by Feb/March things kick off, especially in insurance sector in financial services.
and maybe 2 months to play golf too !!!

would pay our debts off, pay off the rest of my 2022 wedding too

Back