• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - SPURS vs LASK***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see that I'm not alone in calling Antwerp Anderlecht [emoji6]

Hopefully the lads getting EL game time will improve with that as you say.

Right now I don't think we have much of a choice in terms of at least moderate rotation. Yes there's a risk, but the risk of injuries is we don't rotate is to me more concerning.

I'd put out the team that played last Thursday but with Lo Celso replacing Ndombele. That's a complete switch but I think it will pay benefits of we can get them settled. That's the side I'd be putting out in all of the cups apart from when we are playing decent opposition.

"Indeed, Jose listed Erik Lamela, Harry Kane, Carlos Vinicius, Sergio Reguilon and Toby Alderweireld as all missing for the trip to Linz. Joe Rodon, who impressed on his full debut in the Premier League at Chelsea on Sunday, is also ineligible for the group stage, alongside Gedson Fernandes and Paulo Gazzaniga"

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens/

So I guess that means Son CF and then Bale and Moura out wide
Or Moura CF with Clarke and bale

"Indeed, Jose listed Erik Lamela, Harry Kane, Carlos Vinicius, Sergio Reguilon and Toby Alderweireld as all missing for the trip to Linz. Joe Rodon, who impressed on his full debut in the Premier League at Chelsea on Sunday, is also ineligible for the group stage, alongside Gedson Fernandes and Paulo Gazzaniga"

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens/

What us wrong with Vini ? Would have been a shoe in for his game. What is his injury/illness ?

So really only Vini matters re standard Europe squad (@Pirate55 don't think details were shared)

- Bale, Lucas, Dele up front, I'd be tempted to play Bale up front with Dele running off him.
- Hart, Davies, Sanchez, Tanganga, Doherty back line
- Midfield would have Winks +usual Gio/Ndombele 60/30 split, +1 (maybe White?)

I'd keep Son and Sissoko on bench, we need their energy levels up for Scum game.

So really only Vini matters re standard Europe squad (@Pirate55 don't think details were shared)

- Bale, Lucas, Dele up front, I'd be tempted to play Bale up front with Dele running off him.
- Hart, Davies, Sanchez, Tanganga, Doherty back line
- Midfield would have Winks +usual Gio/Ndombele 60/30 split, +1 (maybe White?)

I'd keep Son and Sissoko on bench, we need their energy levels up for Scum game.

I think its Winks and GLC in CM, with Dele in the Ndombele role just in front of them.

Then its just a question of who plays with Bale and Moura in the front 3....and I think its either Son or perhaps Bergwijn

Sonny has had a lot of minutes this season, which worries me. Perhaps he starts with Bergwijn and then has Son on the bench? Bergwijn though has been playing in the league team recently though...

Well
Jose is happy to include him and sees him regularly in training
We’re not talking players of a high standard as opposition don’t forget

He's not starting him, is he? I definitely think that he's ready to be brought on when we're comfortably ahead.

Hoping it's just precautionary with Kane and Reguilon.

Would be good if we could avoid starting all of Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Ndombele, Son and whoever is more likely to start with them up front against Arsenal.

Assuming Bergwijn gets the nod again at the weekend and that Kane will be for that would leave Winks, Lo Celso, Alli, Bale, Moura and one more. Clarke? White?

I think there's a chance Mourinho is somewhat unwilling to start Clarke or White with what will already be a heavily rotated team which also lacks Vinicius and Lamela.

Would be good if we could avoid starting all of Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Ndombele, Son and whoever is more likely to start with them up front against Arsenal.

Assuming Bergwijn gets the nod again at the weekend and that Kane will be for that would leave Winks, Lo Celso, Alli, Bale, Moura and one more. Clarke? White?

I think there's a chance Mourinho is somewhat unwilling to start Clarke or White with what will already be a heavily rotated team which also lacks Vinicius and Lamela.

I think it'll be Son or Bergwijn, or perhaps both with each doing 45 mins. THere's not many goals from Winks and GLC, whilst Bale and Dele haven't exactly been on form(!) which leaves us reliant on Moura.

The depth of the squad (seemingly) has been giving us the luxury of not making players play when carrying minor knocks .. so out time seems to be a lot smaller this season (1 or 2 games often)

I'd really like to avoid playing Son.

To me, it's easy options based around Dele

- Either Dele plays up front with Lucas and Bale (my preference), so you start none of the expected front 3 for week-end. In this case you might need to risk White alongside Winks/Gio
- Or you put Dele in midfield with Winks and Gio, then you will need to put Bergwijn or Son into front three. Alternatively (don't see it), you play Clarke with Lucas and Bale.

Would be crazy to start Son, especially as it’s not guaranteed Kane will be fit for the w/e.

Bale up top, with Moura (or Berg) and one other out wide can still do the business.

would also like to see Ndombele rested so he can go full out on Sunday.

COYS the squad players can still do the business.

The depth of the squad (seemingly) has been giving us the luxury of not making players play when carrying minor knocks .. so out time seems to be a lot smaller this season (1 or 2 games often)

I'd really like to avoid playing Son.

To me, it's easy options based around Dele

- Either Dele plays up front with Lucas and Bale (my preference), so you start none of the expected front 3 for week-end. In this case you might need to risk White alongside Winks/Gio
- Or you put Dele in midfield with Winks and Gio, then you will need to put Bergwijn or Son into front three. Alternatively (don't see it), you play Clarke with Lucas and Bale.

I agree with your preference, but I think Jose will go with Son or Bergwijn up front. In the event Jose did play Dele up top, I teckon he'd play PEH or Sissoko in CM with Winks and GLC

I would play Alli up front to see if he can find that killer touch he seems to have lost.
I agree. Stats don't mean everything but I think Dele needs some goals and assists to kick start his career again, as an exciting attacking midfielder -- rather than the deep-sitting positional midfielder of the post-Dembele Poch days.

With Lucas and Bale up front with him, Winks, Lo Celso and Sissoko in midfield, and a Davies-Dier-Sanchez-Doherty back line, we should have enough to beat LASK. Actually, I forgot about Tanganga, who needs to be involved. Maybe instead of Dier.

Back