• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

Watkins smashed that penalty against the bar then had another chance ruled out by VAR which was impossible to tell IMO. Villa will feel aggrieved they lost that one. Wet Spam are not going to remain fifth for long.

It's amazing it has taken so long for this to happen. You can't test your way through an entire season unless you keep all the teams isolated in the same place for the duration, much like the NBA did. And even then, there are European games, FA and Mickey Mouse cup, etc, etc. All it takes is one infected player caught a day late and the damage is done. Which is why it boggles the mind when I see players on the pitch getting in each others' faces when not necessary.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if face masks became mandatory for players on the pitch too. Otherwise, expect much more of this in the coming weeks.

It's amazing it has taken so long for this to happen. You can't test your way through an entire season unless you keep all the teams isolated in the same place for the duration, much like the NBA did. And even then, there are European games, FA and Mickey Mouse cup, etc, etc. All it takes is one infected player caught a day late and the damage is done. Which is why it boggles the mind when I see players on the pitch getting in each others' faces when not necessary.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if face masks became mandatory for players on the pitch too. Otherwise, expect much more of this in the coming weeks.

I understand your point on face masks but I believe it would make the game unplayable, it would hinder breathing and reduce the running performance of both players and refs.

Quite enjoyed watching Fulham beat Leicester. Looked too easy at times. And West Ham were more lucky than good to get that win over Villa. A fun season so far.

Mind you, I'd just tell Saudi Sportswashing Machine that they've forfeited their game with Villa after the big Covid breakout there.

I understand your point on face masks but I believe it would make the game unplayable, it would hinder breathing and reduce the running performance of both players and refs.
It wouldn't, actually. It's just a matter of the body adapting to the face mask and after that there wouldn't be much impact. And given the outdoor nature of football, athletes wouldn't need to wear N95 or equivalent masks. Specially designed masks that are moisture wicking and filter 90% of particulates would be sufficient.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201105112934.htm

Friday's Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Villa game now confirmed as postponed due to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's coronavirus cases.

It wouldn't, actually. It's just a matter of the body adapting to the face mask and after that there wouldn't be much impact. And given the outdoor nature of football, athletes wouldn't need to wear N95 or equivalent masks. Specially designed masks that are moisture wicking and filter 90% of particulates would be sufficient.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201105112934.htm

I'll have to do some research to find an other report from a buy a report from me scientist.

Friday's Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Villa game now confirmed as postponed due to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's coronavirus cases.
Seems a little open to abuse.

Any squad with a number of injuries could just send their squad to some scummy northern place and catch COVID so their matches are postponed until the injured players have healed.

In other developments, it's quite nice to see Spurs keeping a low media profile as they CONTINUE to hold onto first place. We've all seen the sort of horseplop journalism that springs up around certain clubs when they're going good. Yet here we are, second week in a row in first place and barely a dingdongy bird as coverage of CL clubs, transfer speculation, Saudi Sportswashing Machine plague, Arsenal misery and more commands greater headlines.

As for the horseplop journalism, had to laugh loudly at former Popgun and ESPN schit-head Stewart Robson, who thinks Spurs should change their tactics and try to become more dominant in their play.

T'anks toots. They'll stick to what's working. You just worry about your team needing more rescuing than stranded Chilean coal miners.

Seems a little open to abuse.

Any squad with a number of injuries could just send their squad to some scummy northern place and catch COVID so their matches are postponed until the injured players have healed.

Why waste money travelling up north? I'd imagine Levy already has a small vial of the virus just in case..

Back