• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in the FA Cup 2020-21 - The road to Wembley

We have a famous ability to play down to the level of the opposition, so not taking this for granted. Marine will probably play the best game in their history against us as well.

But...we have had some real luck in the draws this year. After Chelsea, we got the most advantageous matchup possible in the CC, we've had a forgiving draw in Europe, and this is non-figuratively the biggest mismatch in FA Cup history - top of the league against an eighth-tier team.

If we don't end our trophy drought this season, we are hideously, eternally, perpetually cursed and should fold as a sporting organization, tbh.

Difference is our "B" side, is capable of winning games in Europe now, brilliant draw

Good money for a lower tier club, we get to play the Vini, Dele, Bale combo, probably with a couple of kids, maybe really nice (if they give us 5 subs) and bring on Kane or Son for ten minutes at end to thrill their supporters ..

I'd say they'd jump at the chance to play in our stadium?

Although, forget what I said earlier - apparently FA Cup rules forbid changing venues to the opponent's place. If safety/security are an issue, game gets moved to a larger 'neutral' venue close to the original venue.

Might be Anfield, actually. :p

Absolutely no reason to take anyone from the 1st 11 or even 16 for this one. As things stand ignoring this game we have 10 days between premier league games might be the only opportunity to rest players this season.

Depending on who’s in the team come the time of the game but based on current xi something like the below should be more than enough. They might play the game of there lives but this isn’t just semi pro players. This is the 3rd level of semi pro, I don’t count national league as semi pro. I watch a lot of national south and other isthmian league games as well.

Hart
Rb? Tanganga Sanchez Cirkin
Winks Dele white
Clarke Vinicius Lucas

Then just kids on the bench.
Leave as many at home. Have extended rest days etc...

th
;)

This is the first time I can remember that we play a British team I've never heard of before. :p

Fair point, though reminding myself of who's left in, we'd probably only rotate significantly if we got Brentford, or perhaps Saudi Sportswashing Machine
I really just meant that is we are in the semi (against anyone) we can select whomever we want without worrying too much about the Marine game 3/4 days later.

Absolutely no reason to take anyone from the 1st 11 or even 16 for this one. As things stand ignoring this game we have 10 days between premier league games might be the only opportunity to rest players this season.

Depending on who’s in the team come the time of the game but based on current xi something like the below should be more than enough. They might play the game of there lives but this isn’t just semi pro players. This is the 3rd level of semi pro, I don’t count national league as semi pro. I watch a lot of national south and other isthmian league games as well.

Hart
Rb? Tanganga Sanchez Cirkin
Winks Dele white
Clarke Vinicius Lucas

Then just kids on the bench.
Leave as many at home. Have extended rest days etc...

Similar thoughts but not as hung up about players not being on bench

Hart, Doherty, Sanchez, Winks, Dele, Vinicius, Lucas, Bale are our standard b team good enough for Europe
Tanganga needs game time
White, Clarke with perhaps Scarlett and Devine on bench
I'd keep a few of the "names" on bench both for the safety but also the show, if cruising at 75 minutes (and they aren't overdoing the tackles, maybe give them a run out)

Can anyone confirm if FA Cup is using 5 sub rule?

Back