• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

We need some capable backup / competition for him. It's my single biggest worry right now - if he goes down and we go back to Winks and Sissoko, we are utterly, thoroughly f*cked.

I'd even say we can make do without a CB right now. But we absolutely need backup/competition for him ASAP. Ruben Neves, maybe.

We need some capable backup / competition for him. It's my single biggest worry right now - if he goes down and we go back to Winks and Sissoko, we are utterly, thoroughly f*cked.

I'd even say we can make do without a CB right now. But we absolutely need backup/competition for him ASAP. Ruben Neves, maybe.
We won’t buy someone when we have skipp to come back
There is short term buying then there is panic buying

We won’t buy someone when we have skipp to come back
There is short term buying then there is panic buying

I doubt he can do Hojbjerg's job, tbh. There's a element of leadership and domination in his game which only comes from experience and tactical awareness - which Skipp needs.

I'd actually advocate sending Skipp out on loan again next season - if Norwich will have him and he's happy there, let him have another season of men's football at Norwich. Will toughen him up some more, and wouldn't harm his development at all - while someone more first-team ready can do the job now and then compete with Skipp and Hojbjerg (or play alongside them) later.

In this scenario, Skippy comes back in 2022 to replace one or more of Sisoko/Winks in the lineup, at no harm to his development.

I doubt he can do Hojbjerg's job, tbh. There's a element of leadership and domination in his game which only comes from experience and tactical awareness - which Skipp needs.

I'd actually advocate sending Skipp out on loan again next season - if Norwich will have him and he's happy there, let him have another season of men's football at Norwich. Will toughen him up some more, and wouldn't harm his development at all - while someone more first-team ready can do the job now and then compete with Skipp and Hojbjerg (or play alongside them) later.

In this scenario, Skippy comes back in 2022 to replace one or more of Sisoko/Winks in the lineup, at no harm to his development.
That would need a lot of luck or a lot of investment for the right man
And neves isn’t that man IMO (good player though) as he isn’t someone who moves with the ball abs isn’t great on the defensive side. He is very much a passer and someone who excels with the ball
Skipp plays very similar to PEH. It’s worth watching Norwich to see him play
He is picking his moments and controlling from deep

Completely agree that he is the priority to find a backup for.

- I expect Sissoko goes at summer (age and time left on contract), unless we are willing to add another year or so to his contract
- Winks will probably want to push for playing time, so I see him leaving as well

Summer could be -> Winks/Sanchez/Sissoko out, a top level CB and cover for PEH as main priorities ..

That would need a lot of luck or a lot of investment for the right man
And neves isn’t that man IMO (good player though) as he isn’t someone who moves with the ball abs isn’t great on the defensive side. He is very much a passer and someone who excels with the ball
Skipp plays very similar to PEH. It’s worth watching Norwich to see him play
He is picking his moments and controlling from deep

I see Neves as an interesting option to recreate Mourinho's Real Madrid tactics with his midfield three, tbh.

Hojbjerg's playing style is very much like a disciplined Khedira - Ndombele, like a more restrained Ozil. But the player who actually sat deep in that Madrid midfield while Khedira rampaged forward as an aggressive presser and Ozil ran riot as the creative hub was Xabi Alonso - deep passer, surprisingly good tactical screen for the back line, tough tackler in his own right.

Because we don't have that Alonso at the moment, the screening role is being played by both Hojbjerg and Sissoko, and Toby and Harry are both playing the 'playmaking from deep' role.

With someone like Neves in alongside Hojbjerg instead of Sissoko, he becomes that deep playmaker, freeing up Harry to venture a bit further forward, and Hojbjerg to press and win the ball *very* high up. Plus, Neves is also defensively solid enough to cover for Hojbjerg if needed, as he's used to being the deepest lying player next to Moutinho.

I think someone like him can fill a lot of holes at once, tbh. And the reason I think he's feasible is because a) the Gestifute connection with Jorge Mendes makes it likelier he'd be available, and b) he's Prem-proven - like Hojbjerg, he wouldn't need time to settle in.

Just my two cents. Think Skipp has a valuable role to play at the club, just don't think it's for another couple of years yet.

I see Neves as an interesting option to recreate Mourinho's Real Madrid tactics with his midfield three, tbh.

Hojbjerg's playing style is very much like a disciplined Khedira - Ndombele, like a more restrained Ozil. But the player who actually sat deep in that Madrid midfield while Khedira rampaged forward as an aggressive presser and Ozil ran riot as the creative hub was Xabi Alonso - deep passer, surprisingly good tactical screen for the back line, tough tackler in his own right.

Because we don't have that Alonso at the moment, the screening role is being played by both Hojbjerg and Sissoko, and Toby and Harry are both playing the 'playmaking from deep' role.

With someone like Neves in alongside Hojbjerg instead of Sissoko, he becomes that deep playmaker, freeing up Harry to venture a bit further forward, and Hojbjerg to press and win the ball *very* high up. Plus, Neves is also defensively solid enough to cover for Hojbjerg if needed, as he's used to being the deepest lying player next to Moutinho.

I think someone like him can fill a lot of holes at once, tbh. And the reason I think he's feasible is because a) the Gestifute connection with Jorge Mendes makes it likelier he'd be available, and b) he's Prem-proven - like Hojbjerg, he wouldn't need time to settle in.

Just my two cents. Think Skipp has a valuable role to play at the club, just don't think it's for another couple of years yet.
I agree that neves plays like Alonso and may be even better with better players
There’s no doubt he is a quality footballer
I’ll add though that I don’t think Jose has one way of playing to try and recreate
I do think that sissoko is the sacrificial pawn (sorry to why Chess players) to change it up. But sissoko has been very effective lately in games where he was needed.
Options are key and I do think the lack of homegrown is still gonna bite us in the arse at some point

I know we have signed a lot of bigger named players over the last few years but this guy has to be among the list for our best signing. He has added so much to a our CM that has been weak for a while.
I'm getting Roy Keane vibes off him. The fulcrum of the team, leadership, unerring decision making, and an incredibly strong will to win. He is fast becoming my new favorite player.

Back