• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I wonder if someone will swoop to buy both Dele and Eriksen and reunite them at some new club, as they are a semi-guaranteed pair.

I wonder if someone will swoop to buy both Dele and Eriksen and reunite them at some new club, as they are a semi-guaranteed pair.
I was thinking the same thing! Although there were a few from Southampton that looked great under Poch but not as good elsewhere.

I think both now have a problem as to what they do next
Eriksen needs to be a clubs focal point of creativity. He would suit arsenal as per the latest rumours but I doubt that’s appealing for him as a step down
Otherwise it’s team over here that have ambition like an Everton
Spain would work for him too but again that’s a muddled league currently and hard to work out whose who and where he would fit

I think it’s always difficult to force your way back in, playing less, playing in a disjointed Europa team, coming on as sub, trying to do something different to stand out, maybe even having the standard of opposition levelled as a reason to dismiss performance.
I do wonder if he will ever get back to the peak goal machine he was, partly as our teams style players and of play has evolved and maybe it was just a perfect storm of playing off Eriksen and Kane and also having a solid back 6 which gave him a freedom and confidence to play in a way that can it be replicated. I’m hoping he can reinvent himself as a number 8, I hope he doesn’t take the easy option and just drop deeper and recycle the ball simply and use his athleticism to close down passing angles as that would be a waste of his ability in close quarters.

He is another potential artist.
I hope he remains with us and ascends again, but if he could become the artist which is in him elsewhere (if we knew it wouldn't happen here) then I'd hope that happens too rather than what you said. In short - I agree with you!

Linked to Everton in a triple swoop with Gazzaniga and Winks! That would be up there with the Mendes, Pamarot and Davis sale to Pompey under Harry!

Why does Hargreaves keep claiming he's 6'4"? He's 6'1".
Because Hargreaves is 5'3'' but pretending he is 5'8''.

He hasn't got a clue what is going on up there with the tall people

He's shrinking before our eyes. And he cannot pronounce certain letters. And he has the most bizarre accent. And his face doesn't look like his own. And his hair.

I'm pretty sure he was an imposter / stand-in... not the real guy.

Promising. Playing Ndombele deeper (or Lo Celso) will somewhat go towards recreating the supply and understanding he had with Eriksen which I think he needs.

Today Ndombele repeated found him between the lines with vertical passes allowing his to do what he does best and take up smart positions.

Back