• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

i'm fully on the Jose train.

as i said few weeks ago, after the Everton game, and some performances last season, i didn't feel the players were fully bought into Jose or his methods. Something didn't quite feel right, almost as if the players were playing but a bit nonchalant about Jose.

Look at the end of recent games and especially City, i firmly believe the players are now fully bought in that this guy can bring success. He set out a plan vs City, the players did it, and look at the result.

More importantly, we're top of the table. Think of someone like Kane who's dreamed to be at the top of his game and fighting for titles and things. He probably wasn't fully sold, now he's reading articles talking about how his stand out performances, best player in the league, and Spurs are top of the table. That will foster further work ethic on players like Kane.

It was said before, winning breeds winning meteorology in some players, and we haven't had that for a long time. With Jose, he has that in abundance and now the players are seeing they could achieve something if they listen and act on his instruction.

Not saying we'll win the title (liverpool for me) or anything, but i feel the players have really bought in on Jose now, and i don't think that was the case previously.
Belief and confidence
Two huge things that you can’t put a value on big are so key for players

I have always thought Jose was a top manager, but more importantly he is a winner and its what we have needed here. Still work to be done but the signs are really good.

that video of the players playing tic-tac-toe (noughts n crosses in old money) - i'm sure the squad usually have a good sesh etc but look really together in it. really buzzing. love it.

Is it called tic tac toe? Ah balls. There is a life size game of that in our local playground and when my 5 year old daughter suggested a game of tic tac toe, I ridiculed her for it saying it was noughts and crosses. What an idiot and a bad father...

Is it called tic tac toe? Ah balls. There is a life size game of that in our local playground and when my 5 year old daughter suggested a game of tic tac toe, I ridiculed her for it saying it was noughts and crosses. What an idiot and a bad father...

Tic-tac-toe (American English), noughts and crosses (Commonwealth English). She's 5, same age as my son, give them a donut and they'll forget all about it.

Win games.. morale will go up ..

Jose doing well managing the squad

He's managed the squad brilliantly so far. You don't get in unless it's on merit. He's giving all the attackers game time and the chance to prove themselves and that's where we are stacked with an abundance of talent. He's given kids game time, he's given Joe Hart game time. So far, so good. He's sort of shown that management of players may not be that complicated because he's doing the common sense things that some managers, for whatever reason, don't do. How many times have people on here wanted Aurier, Sanchez, Winks, Dele dropped. He's done it to all of them and given them chances to get back in. Some have taken those chances better than others.

However, winning games helps and it's still a massive test to continue to keep everyone happy. However, Jose has shown with Rose that if you don't like it and are unprofessional or disruptive, you'll rot in the reserves. He's combined common sense with ruthlessness to produce a meritocracy where everyone, including fans, are clear on what is expected of the players. That's all you can ask of your manager.

I'm not gonna be back to the stadium for a while, but last season his name still wasn't sung (at least at home games).

Certainly hope we remedy that against Arsenal with some fans back.

He's managed the squad brilliantly so far. You don't get in unless it's on merit. He's giving all the attackers game time and the chance to prove themselves and that's where we are stacked with an abundance of talent. He's given kids game time, he's given Joe Hart game time. So far, so good. He's sort of shown that management of players may not be that complicated because he's doing the common sense things that some managers, for whatever reason, don't do. How many times have people on here wanted Aurier, Sanchez, Winks, Dele dropped. He's done it to all of them and given them chances to get back in. Some have taken those chances better than others.

However, winning games helps and it's still a massive test to continue to keep everyone happy. However, Jose has shown with Rose that if you don't like it and are unprofessional or disruptive, you'll rot in the reserves. He's combined common sense with ruthlessness to produce a meritocracy where everyone, including fans, are clear on what is expected of the players. That's all you can ask of your manager.
I don’t think we can under estimate the benefit for once of Europa
The extra games have given us a fitness boost and game time for players who simply wouldn’t be getting games if we were in the CL
I genuinely believe that extra fitness element has worked in our favour massively and we’re still able to change the teams around to manage the “fitness”

The extra games have given us a fitness boost and game time for players who simply wouldn’t be getting games if we were in the CL
I genuinely believe that extra fitness element has worked in our favour massively and we’re still able to change the teams around to manage the “fitness”
The qualifying rounds also felt like a proper pre season, rather than a chore. We maybe had a better pre season than others.

I agree and I'm one of the most anti Europa League fans, it has helped that our squad is a lot stronger this season along with the standard of opposition, games have been disjointed but apart from terrible finishing in the Antwerp game it's been beneficial.

Back