• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Without a doubt, as i have said on here many times under Poch and before we seemed to have lacked a winning m entality, the new players all seem to have that and its is spreading to the rest of the squad and their is no doubt in my mind that is starts with Jose.

As for Hojberg i really think he has been our best signing for the summer, he is everywhere and his and drive is something we have lacked in that CM for a very long time.

Agreed. It has been so obvious for some time we needed this type of player. The real mystery is why we didnt sign him ( or someone like him) a couple of seasons ago. And no one say it was because Poch wasn't backed.

Agreed. It has been so obvious for some time we needed this type of player. The real mystery is why we didnt sign him ( or someone like him) a couple of seasons ago. And no one say it was because Poch wasn't backed.

Please don't tell me I missed Jose making his long awaited debut!

I really believe that the players are getting belief that they can beat any team, they are picking up the message that is coming from Jose and putting into action on the pitch. You can see the belief (from all the players) in the system and in themselves to play to the system.

I am sure that there will still be a few problems along the way but the effort and work rate from all the players yesterday was a very good sign, they are seeing that hard work, skill, energy and that belief in themselves and the manager will help them progress.

Great to see.
Spot on. Just to add to that we're finding that intensity in the low block that have at times been lacking. So easy to drop deep and then also stand off players, drop the intensity. We're finding that aggression and intensity and seem capable of keeping it up, at least if we're winning.

I do like to align myself with successful brands.

Seriously though, the PL (and the CL) did bring about a huge improvement in the quality of football in England, I started paying proper attention to the game in the late 80’s started going regularly around 1990 (to Colchester United), the standard of football was atrocious, had I been born 20 years earlier I could easily have been a lower league professional. It’s a different game now, better in every way imo.
That’s not because of the PL or CL per se. It was foreign managers such as *cough* Wenger bringing in new methods and more continental players that required other teams to adopt to compete. There was also modernisation of approach at the FA in areas such as the training of football coaches

That’s not because of the PL or CL per se. It was foreign managers such as *cough* Wenger bringing in new methods and more continental players that required other teams to adopt to compete. There was also modernisation of approach at the FA in areas such as the training of football coaches

Wenger and the first legion of foreign PL players came for the money that was now available though. Don’t forget the doldrums English football was in in the late 80’s thanks to the dippers.

The PL was instrumental in resurrecting the image, the Taylor report made a massive difference too.

This is depressing. I think I'll step away from Spurs for a bit.

fudge off, Mourinho.

This fudging sucks.

Farewell our academy, farewell class, farewell dignity.

Welcome to the brick show.

fudge off out of my club you clam

I'm supporting Sheffield United for the next year or two until this disaster has played out. A team with identity, youth and verve. Like we were
:D

i'm fully on the Jose train.

as i said few weeks ago, after the Everton game, and some performances last season, i didn't feel the players were fully bought into Jose or his methods. Something didn't quite feel right, almost as if the players were playing but a bit nonchalant about Jose.

Look at the end of recent games and especially City, i firmly believe the players are now fully bought in that this guy can bring success. He set out a plan vs City, the players did it, and look at the result.

More importantly, we're top of the table. Think of someone like Kane who's dreamed to be at the top of his game and fighting for titles and things. He probably wasn't fully sold, now he's reading articles talking about how his stand out performances, best player in the league, and Spurs are top of the table. That will foster further work ethic on players like Kane.

It was said before, winning breeds winning mentality in some players, and we haven't had that for a long time. With Jose, he has that in abundance and now the players are seeing they could achieve something if they listen and act on his instruction.

Not saying we'll win the title (liverpool for me) or anything, but i feel the players have really bought in on Jose now, and i don't think that was the case previously.

Back