• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

And so a new pre-match ritual is born.
200.gif

Have you seen all or nothing the city one?
The players literally wait for every word he says like he is a messiah
They believed everything he said and put it into practice on the pitch. Repeating the same thing though would get very tedious for players. We all need to what different voices at times otherwise it gets boring and stale and that city’s problem now. We had it with Poch IMO. Unless you freshen things they deteriorate
Agree generally, but Fergie found ways to overcome familiarity. Maybe it was his intimidating presence that made the essential difference.

I wonder if not having fans in the stadium during this transition in style, is a blessing in disguise? All the moaning and shouting 'attack' wouldn't be helpful. Everyone can now get used to it on TV before returning to the ground.

I remember saying this weeks back - that hopefully fans will see the benefit of this adapted style and so, upon return to the stadium, won't be quick to harangue our players as there will be a greater understanding of what is being done and how successful it is proving.

It’s taken a while but I think the majority of our fans have realised or are slowly realising that we can go back to playing pretty but ineffective football that doesn’t deliver trophies or we can fully buy into our current manager who is a serial winner and accept everything he is trying to convey, even if it awful to watch at times.

It’s taken a while but I think the majority of our fans have realised or are slowly realising that we can go back to playing pretty but ineffective football that doesn’t deliver trophies or we can fully buy into our current manager who is a serial winner and accept everything he is trying to convey, even if it awful to watch at times.
I think it was magnificent to watch the way we played against City! Good defending can be beautiful as well!

That said, it's more easy to fully enjoy that when watching from the stands, because you have a much better overview to see the beautiful synchronised movements of the defensive lines, the patterns of the press etc.

I think it was magnificent to watch the way we played against City! Good defending can be beautiful as well!

That said, it's more easy to fully enjoy that when watching from the stands, because you have a much better overview to see the beautiful synchronised movements of the defensive lines, the patterns of the press etc.

Yep, I know I keep beating this drum but I cannot believe how bad the TV coverage is.

The director constantly cutting away from the action for close ups of the player or the bench whilst the ball is live.

Missing restarts: corners, free kicks, goal kicks.

Endless replays of some pea-roller that the keeper gathered without breaking sweat, topped and tailed with a close up of the player that hit the shot.

There was even one occasion where they cut from a slow-mo replay close up of a player’s reaction to a live close up of the same player!

The directors seem to obsessed with the brand of the player rather than just showing the action on the pitch.

I swear 90% of the coverage should just be the wide shot. They need to let the coverage breathe, they’re not directing a Michael Bay action thriller.

Another statement result, right tactics, right execution, job done.

If it wasn't for Walker (who I think had a really good game), it could have been a far wider margin.

We will play more flowing games, but we need to remember we can do this for the one off games where it matters on the day only.

Yep, I know I keep beating this drum but I cannot believe how bad the TV coverage is.

The director constantly cutting away from the action for close ups of the player or the bench whilst the ball is live.

Missing restarts: corners, free kicks, goal kicks.

Endless replays of some pea-roller that the keeper gathered without breaking sweat, topped and tailed with a close up of the player that hit the shot.

There was even one occasion where they cut from a slow-mo replay close up of a player’s reaction to a live close up of the same player!

The directors seem to obsessed with the brand of the player rather than just showing the action on the pitch.

I swear 90% of the coverage should just be the wide shot. They need to let the coverage breathe, they’re not directing a Michael Bay action thriller.

In the City game there was a classic case, camera was focused on Pep while Gary Neville talking about City, in the real world Ndomdele was carving them apart putting Son in to score.

In the City game there was a classic case, camera was focused on Pep while Gary Neville talking about City, in the real world Ndomdele was carving them apart putting Son in to score.

Indeed, they couldn't even concentrate on the game for 5 minutes.

MotD2 last night showed the PL table, but the top half only occupied a quarter of the screen. The bottom half was somewhat larger. On other occasions they have funny shapes that are tilted and grow. WTF - why not simply show us the info?. The old army maxim of imparting info/training has been lost - Tell 'em what you're gonna tell 'em / Tell 'em / Tell 'em what you've told 'em.

You say that like none of the games under Poch or Redknapp were awful to watch. Or Burkinshaw for that matter.

Yep, exactly that! One day they will miss a goal because they’re showing a close up.

Not so bad but still annoying: in our previous game the director managed to squeeze in SIX (yes, I counted) different close up cuts between the ball going out for a throw and missing the actual throw.

It was so choppy I almost felt nauseous watching.

In general, it doesn't have to be a binary choice.

Back