• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Surely it depends on the conspiracy they are talking about, you just cant say people are idiots because they believe in certain issue. Was Churchill an idiot for saying Hitler wanted to dominate Europe or people believing the CIA was funding terrorism in Latin America?

Churchill wasn't making claims without intelligence though, was he?

He wasn't some fudge-wit sitting in his basement reading other fudge-wit's Twitter for reliable information.

He had intel and dare I day it, evidence, to back up such claims.

Not a fair comparison.

Last edited:
I was the one who mentioned the conspiracies most recently. It was in direct response to this:

I saw that, but i was referring to @nayenezgani who mentions the word and labels everything and everyone who isn't 100% sold on full knockdowns in such a way...Now to your questions...

My take is that you are suggesting the UK Government is using COVID to its advantage to keep the country locked down forever (or perhaps going even further to say COVID is fake? That's not a big leap, you wouldn't be the first to say it).

If you're going to claim that, you're going to get some rebuttal.

I am anti-lockdown for a variety of reasons, including the reasons and methods being used to justify the lockdown in the UK: the way numbers are being counted for deaths in hospitals and the mass testing being used which uses a methodology that the government itself says cannot be used to identify infectious individuals on its own.
The 'cure' of this lockdown and its effect on society as a whole is to my mind now even worse than the disease itself.

The powers that the UK Government (and seemingly several others elsewhere) are awarding themselves during these lockdowns are almost unprecedented and like a lot of anti-terror laws you'd imagine will be hard for them to give up when this is "over".
If i had more faith in the numbers, the method of testing and/or could see we are having excess deaths this winter then it would be horrible but you'd have take it on the chin.
Alas, as i posted earlier i have several doubts about the data and testing.

Happy for people to disagree and discuss, but when "conspiracy nut" is thrown around before said discussion, well...

Last edited:
Churchill wasn't making claims without intelligence though, was he?

He wasn't some fudge-wit sitting in his basement reading other fudge-wit's Twitter for reliable information.

He had reliable intel and dare I day it, evidence, to back up such claims.

Not a fair comparison at all.

Who says what's fair and what's not? Should we not look for evidence or challenge what people in power tell us? I dont believe in little green men in new Mexico or moon landing fake, but I suspect my great grandfather thought the British empire was bringing freedom, enlightenment and education to the savages as that was what he was told.

What's the motive though? You utter dingdong head. You are the definition of obtuse.

The government recognised that sometimes the test works, sometimes it doesn't. It's the best they had available.

You can't provide a motive because you don't have a fudgein' clue, you loon. Can't even make one up.

I'll reply like a child, seeing as you can't help posting like one:

You weally babytalking goo-goo.

Goverment no listen to own advice about "testing and having context with test" cos they babies like you goo-goo and wanna have people stop saying howwible tings like "they not efficient so they wnna have mates run track and trace" because they will be nice goo-goo

Waa-waa they want it to stopp waa-waa

Who says what's fair and what's not? Should we not look for evidence or challenge what people in power tell us? I dont believe in little green men in new Mexico or moon landing fake, but I suspect my great grandfather thought the British empire was bringing freedom, enlightenment and education to the savages as that was what he was told.

fudging hell, I'm not suggesting people in power shouldn't be questioned, of course they should.

But it should be done with a shred of reason and logic. Otherwise you end up with what Trump and his followers are to America right now.

fudging hell, I'm not suggesting people in power shouldn't be questioned, of course they should.

But it should be done with a shred of reason and logic. Otherwise you end up with what Trump and his followers are to America right now.

My point is you cant label everyone with a theory an idiot, that's the way to denigrate anyone putting forward a view you dont agree with. Use to be a great tactic at meetings to shut opponents up.

Yeah, i saw that post. And i asked because it was not clear what exact "conspiracy theory" was being posited, hence my question.
Whatever, anyways...
Fair enough!
I was moving to a feeling (and in hindsight it was a feeling - a feeling that I can now understand how people experience and then to qualify it with a hypothesis, rather than let it pass and use evidence) that COVID didn't add up.
In that moment I was very much ruling out covid as being true.

Fair enough!
I was moving to a feeling (and in hindsight it was a feeling - a feeling that I can now understand how people experience and then to qualify it with a hypothesis, rather than let it pass and use evidence) that COVID didn't add up.
In that moment I was very much ruling out covid as being true.

Oohhh pwoper nawty incha?!!

For the record i do believe that a covid-19 starin of virus exists and has killed people. Just to put that out there.

However, i think that the reaction to it has gone to a point whereby the 'cure' seems worse than the disease. I give my reasons for why a few posts before this one and they mainly relate to how covid-19 death numbers are computed and the test methodology use en mass itself.
Hemce, I don't think the numbers justify the economic destruction and general societal effects we are (and will see) from these lockdowns.

Fair play for explaining your thoughts. I hope i again have explained mine..

It would act differently to almost every virus we know about if they can.

Also, if that's the case then a vaccine won't do us much good.
Thought the current consensus what that it depends on the viral load experienced by the person that catches it.
Or am I making that up?

I saw that, but i was referring to @nayenezgani who mentions the word and labels everything and everyone who isn't 400% sold on full knockdowns in such a way...Now to your questions...

I am anti-lockdown for a variety of reasons, including the reasons and methods being used to justify the lockdown in the UK: the way numbers are being counted for deaths in hospitals and the mass testing being used which uses a methodology that the government itself says cannot be used to identify infectious individuals on its own.
The 'cure' of this lockdown and its effect on society as a whole is to my mind now even worse than the disease itself.

The powers that the UK Government (and seemingly several others elsewhere) are awarding themselves during these lockdowns are almost unprecedented and like a lot of anti-terror laws you'd imagine will be hard for them to give up when this is "over".
If i had more faith in the numbers, the method of testing and/or could see we are having excess deaths this winter then it would be horrible but you'd have take it on the chin.
Alas, as i posted earlier i have several doubts about the data and testing.

Happy for people to disagree and discuss, but when "conspiracy nut" is thrown around before said discussion, well...

All legitimate fears. I don't necessarily disagree with your thinking, it's the conclusion where we differ. In Melbourne, the public state of emergency, which gives the police and army extra powers, was set to (I believe) 3 months. The government wanted to extend it for 12 months, but the opposition blocked it and they settled on the additional 3.

If you can provide evidence of COVID death numbers being inflated as an excuse to bring in, extend and use these powers, then my conclusion might be different. But aside from some random tweets, I haven't seen anything.

All legitimate fears. I don't necessarily disagree with your thinking, it's the conclusion where we differ. In Melbourne, the public state of emergency, which gives the police and army extra powers, was set to (I believe) 3 months. The government wanted to extend it for 12 months, but the opposition blocked it and they settled on the additional 3.

If you can provide evidence of COVID death numbers being inflated as an excuse to bring in, extend and use these powers, then my conclusion might be different. But aside from some random tweets, I haven't seen anything.

Some would say our briefing given before the lockdown to MPs and then on national TV by the PM and two SAGE scientists has already been shown to have been inflated; the government even apologized for using 'wrong slides and numbers' and some well respected scientists and epidemiologists have commented on them and their inaccuracies:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...wrong-death-toll-will-not-surpass-first-wave/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...resented-covid-projections-lockdown-explained

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/oxford-scientist-government-incorrect-graph-justify-lockdown/

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/the-innacuracoes-in-the-sage-models/

Ivor Cummins is an Irish Scientist that puts out a lot of good content criticizing the lockdown approaches THIS TIME (he thought the ones earlier this year were justified), an example of his discussion points is here: https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/10/30/the-media-are-addicted-to-fear/

A good video for the more scientifically geeky is here, this was just at the point when this current lockdown was annouced:

Btw @tommysvr now the lockdown has been lifted, i assume you are able to go and visit your dad now?
Does he (and people like him that would be on the shielded list) move out and about freely now, or at least as he used to?

Has life for you and everyone else day-to-day returned to normal? Are there any things you can't quite do as you used to, e.g. more limits in stadiums, theatres, cafes etc?

Back