• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ray Clemence

Only really caught the end of Clemence and thought he was a great 'keeper. I'd have Hugo ahead of him though.
Clemence for me. He did have one dodgy season but came back stronger. Both outstanding shot-stoppers and its fair to say Clem came off his line less, but overall he was stronger on crosses and much less prone to gaffes.

Clemence for me. He did have one dodgy season but came back stronger. Both outstanding shot-stoppers and its fair to say Clem came off his line less, but overall he was stronger on crosses and much less prone to gaffes.
I wish he hadn’t had that howler against Barcelona at home tho. So spur5y.

I never saw Jennings for us so Ray Clemence is always top for me. I have a lot of love for Big Erik too. I rate Lloris but he only 3rd for me out of the keepers we have had in my time.

Very sad. The 85-86 season is my reference as the season I became a Spurs fan, so I only knew him as our keeper. Continued to serve the game as a coach with England too. RIP

That's sad. He was our keeper when I first started supporting us. I met him at the Lane once, lovely bloke.

I remember one game when we were winning and the ball went out for a goal kick. The ball boy rushed to get Ray the ball and he yelled at him “slow the fudge down”, then patted him on the head. Sad loss, but he gave many of us old fcuks many great memories. Stay healthy, cello GG-ers.

Back